TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gas Prices where you live

As a side question, I wonder what would actually happen if everyone just suddenly boycotted driving/buying gas, or use gas at the absolute bare minimum? I know this would be some nice revenge to oil companies as they will be the ones in turn losing money. Would prices rise even moreso (sure they would, and come up with lame excuse) or as the demand would be so low, they would actually consider dropping prices to stimulate buying gas once again? Just a random thought that's built up during the raping of our wallets

Don't be so quick to blame the oil companies. They are not responsible for $135/barrel of oil. Prices are set by supply and demand. You should look to our own government as half of the problems. They are limiting drilling for new oil and not pushing hard enough for new sources of energy or conservation. The other half being the general population that refuses to conserve on energy.

It is funny how our country is based on free enterprise and as soon as a company is really successful we paint them as evil. Microsoft, IBM, Chevron.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have thought that many people have already started cutting down on driving solo, use public transportation more often or use walking an option.

Now I know that for some people these are not realistic options, but I have been practicing all 3 over the past year.

Yes, each of these options also takes a little more time but it's a lot quicker (and more feasible) than reverting to a horse and buggy.

I just payed $3.91/gallon tonight at my local Kroger fuel station, and that was with $.03 off/gallon. But I just recently got a new car, a '06 Suzuki Forenza and while only putting in $10, it got me quite a bit of gas in my car. I'm hoping gases drop down a little maybe next weekend now that Memorial Day is over, but I can only expect them to increase more closer to the 4th of July.

The norm is $4.19, though some of those ghetto independent gas stations have the lowest as high as $4.45/gallon. I have not driven my car since we broke the $4.00 mark...I actually haven't done a lot of driving the past few months now, either getting rides from family, or relying heavily on my longboard...totally worth it too. I'm actually tired of us consumers out there being taken advantage of with these ridiculous prices. They know we need the gas and will not get far without it. .What do you guys think it will take to finally get prices back down to something affordable?

I saw the first post and wondered who the hell was complaining...then realized it was posted 3 years ago.

The cheapest, I believe, is about three ninety something in Arizona, if you're lucky.

Its weird to see how much traffic has decreased around the area. Very overwhelming prices.

Here down in Melbourne Oz, we have prices at $1.50 litre. So converted to US is, about $6.20 a gallon. We are getting ripped off!

Anyway... $3.86 a gallon here in Mid-Kentucky!

^It always annoys me how diesel is more expensive than normal fuel, considering it needs less refining.

Here in Brisbane it's at the equivalent of 5.33 USD/ Gal

I saw the first post and wondered who the hell was complaining...then realized it was posted 3 years ago.

Haha, I looked back at that....times change don't they.

It will be interesting down the track...Say once your prices hit $6 to $7 per Gallon, naturally people will be complaining, meanwhile the European members will still be marvelling at how much cheaper you get it.

REMEMBER THIS DAY:

Today June 06 2008 gas prices here in Central Florida (Clermont) have just hit $4.02, in about 10 years we will look back and say man I wish gas was this cheap today!

My mom filled her car half way yesterday like 10 gallons in an 18 gallon tank (yes I know thats a little over half) and she paid 40 dollars and some change! Man someone needs to find an alternative fuel source or win this war fast!

QUESTION* I try to pay attention to the economy but dont get this, does the amount of oil affect the price of gas, because I thought gas was something completely different in itself.

because I thought gas was something completely different in itself.

LOL, it might serve you well to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_refining

In simple terms, crude oil is what petrol (gasoline) is made from.

Demand for oil is growing, but supplies are being depleted, this forces the price up since people are in completion for the supplies of it (if it was too cheap, more people would be buying it, and there would be shortages)

Man someone needs to find an alternative fuel source or win this war fast!

To be honest, I think a better thing to be doing in the meantime (while this development takes place) is for people to start pressuring governments for better public transport...It's something we are already capable of implementing. Throughout the world, there are many countries and cities where people largely don't drive their cars, when its well planned out and implemented, its faster, cheaper, and more enjoyable than driving.