TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who needs a coaster for 2007

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many suitable candidates:

Six Flags St. Louis- last major coaster was The Boss back in 2000.

Six Flags over Texas- last major coaster was Titan back in 2001.

Six Flags Marine World- scrapping their most recent coaster, Zonga (2003).

Six Flags Darien Lake- S:ROS in 1999, but *maybe* adding B:TE.

Six Flags America- Batwing back in 2001, but *maybe* adding UT.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas- S:KC in 2000, no major additions since and the loss of Joker's Revenge to SFNO.

Paramount's Great America- Psycho Mouse in 2001.

Busch Gardens Euroburg- No new coaster since Apollo's Chariot (1999), but maybe adding a dive machine...

Geauga Lake- No new coaster since the SFWoA era, need to use space from Hurricane Hannah's.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach- No new coaster since the Big One, but rumors still flying around about a new coaster for 07.

I think thats about it...

Morey's Piers, their most recent coaster was Rollie's Coaster (a Zyklon) in 1999. RCDB does say Doo Wooper was installed in 2005 but that was because they moved it from a different pier so I don't think that counts considering it was just moved from one of their piers to another.

Another one is Playland in Ocean City, NJ. Their last coaster was Python (Pinfair Zyklon w/ loop) in 1996 and since then they lost the Mighty Mouse.

I also vote LC, and it's not my home park... SFNE has been pretty good at adding coasters, so that rules them out.

LC needs a nice, large steel coaster w/inversions to match that awesome Boulder Dash they already have. Over the last couple seasons, workers at the park were talking about a 'water coaster' going in 2007, so if that's true... it's good enough for me.

I'm taking my homer pick of Dorney. I know that they are on a 4 year pattern for coaster additions, if you don't count the Wild Mouse, but I just think they are going to break the trend and put in a wood.

Hey Joe, should I link to my "Investigative Report" for the 10000th time?

I'm going to say Six Flags St. Louis and Michigan's Adventure.

For such a huge market and taking into consideration how long St. Louis has been in the chain, they really haven't shown it much love. Batman in '95, Freeze in '98, and Boss in '00. I think it's time. They could really use a hyper about now.

Michigan's Adventure could also use something. That park lacks variety and high-capacity. Plus, they have a massive amount of land. I'd love to see them put a B&M invert in there. They need something more modern and high-capacity that will really draw the crowds in. It's amazing how many of my friends from Michigan have never been to MIA. They all just go to CP. I mean, most people here just go to Kings Island, but most of us have still be to Holiday World (the local GP doesn't fancy HW nearly as much as enthusiasts do, so MIA and HW are comparable).

Six Flags Magic Mountain! J.K.

Anyways, Valleyfair! of course (Since it's my home park). The talk about Valleyfair! getting a B&M coaster has been around for a long time. And I think Valleyfair! will be getting the coaster for 2007.

Also an addition to that, their's also competition out there, such as Michigan's Adventure. But too, this could all be a scam.

The title of this topic sounds like an Onion Infographic.

"Who needs a coaster for 2007?"

*With the 2006 season just starting, it's time for the discontent to start hoping for the future.*

- Cedar Point because it's been more than a year.

- Fantazy Land because 1 rotting coaster just isn't enough anymore.

- Paramount's King's Island to succeed in it's war on trees by building Grandson of Beast, who, due to being fed better, is 10x the size of the origional.

- Neighbor James who spilled all over coffe table last New Year's.

Six Flags Great Adventure, they seem to never get any new coasters...

Seriously, IOA! They haven't gotten a new coaster since the park opened. There is room for a coaster in JP between Dudley and River Adventure, I saw it for my own eyes last night when we got driven around backstage for Grad Bash. If they put the station where Ptdesjgfrsebf Flyers are and had the lift go over the walkway they could have a big ride.

Other than a homepark, I'd say Michigan Adventure, they really need something new now that they have all of the water planning stuff out of the way.

Fun Spot in Angola, Indiana. They could benefit from doing something like Beech Bend did this year and put in a nice wooden roller coaster for everyone to enjoy.

And Michigan's Adventure... I mean this is the sixth straight season with no new coaster, the longest in the Cedar Fair chain (Geauga Lake fanboys, you last got a coaster in 2001, don't complain). Hopefully with everything out of the way a new coaster is in the works for 2007.

Even though it will be my home park come June, a serious candidate is Six Flags Fiesta Texas. There are 2 reasons why I believe it could really happen:

I forgot about SFFT! I think that with another coaster and some other form of majore thrill ride that this could be the most well balanced park in the SF chain

Six Flags Great America could TOTALLY use a new one.

Their latest one was Ragin Cajun in 2004 (it turned out okay, more like a car crash than a roller coaster)

Whizzer and Demon are getting VERY old and they should put a B&M or woodie in their place.

I've also heard rumors that Iron Wolf has been repainted, but my question is WHY?!?? It's a terribly rough coaster and no one really rides it anymore.

to IRON WOLF!!!