TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Also, seriously what is their monthly payment for that real estate? $20? Every time I've passed by there is zero business

Maybe they can survive from all the YouTube vloggers who seem to have to prove they rise this?

I haven't been to East Tennessee for 4 years and I am kinda sorta planning my next trip. I'm thinking 2021. Does anyone know when the next additions will be? I remember the survey about 6-8 months ago of the new ride. Does 2021 seem like the year that they will add that new attraction? What about 2022? I haven't followed this park in a very long time and am not up to date on anything besides the survey and closure of mountain slidewinder. Any info would be great. Whether we decide to go in 2021 or probably better 2022, we will avoid the summer crowds and probably end up going in a late Sept, early October.

I am curious myself if they will fill in a ride where Mountain Slidewinder was before they go further in the Wildwood Grove area or vice versa. We shall see but I think a coaster would fit great where Mountain Slidewinder was. I think the spinning coaster like Time Traveler could work in that spot nicely! I just think it is too good a ride to pass up as every ride can be different. I just hope if they do get one they can have the enclosed show building at the total stop before the first launch. I think SDC was running over budget and had to leave that off.

I am curious myself if they will fill in a ride where Mountain Slidewinder was before they go further in the Wildwood Grove area or vice versa.

i would like to see a dark ride in its spot to be honest. and an indoor coaster & hyper in back of wildwood grove. that is probably 4 or 5 years of new rides though but idk, pete owens im sure will talk soon about something new.

im not a fan of time traveler so i hope that style of ride does not make it to dollywood. but im only one person and my opinion is beat by thousands of ppl who would probably want that there. meh.

dollywood is without a doubt my favorite theme park in the world and whatever happens, the wait will surely be worth it.

I agree. I would hope for a neat dark, I would think something based on a moonshine run in a mountain cave would be really neat. Screamscape had some potential new rides a while back (http://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm. Look for 4/19 post) and I hope these happen. I would be disappointed to see just another coaster

I agree. I would hope for a neat dark, I would think something based on a moonshine run in a mountain cave would be really neat.

what would really blow me away is something similar to indiana jones at disneyland. only like you describe.. revolving around moonshine or something. there is also a dark ride at busch gardens williamsburg i went on in 2004 and that was just super cool. the possiblities are endless when it comes to a cool dark ride. but i still hope for a new indoor coaster. maybe something like snow white mine train at disney world. a hyper i feel is needed in the park but who knows, surely they have something cookin' up for all this hush hush lol hopefully there is an announcement before this summer.

God I love this park's hours.

Debating when to go. Either in May, early June on a Sunday, or during summer, in Aug perhaps.

What are crowds like at this park at these times. I assume weekday in May will be dead. Not sure about a weekday during summer. What is best summer (June - Aug) month for a weekday? Also this park has some type of fast pass? I didnt see it on the site, but I only looked quick and I recall someone saying there is one?

Unlimited was $50 last year. Most week days first half of June were dead this year. No timesaver needed. Just how fast can you walk around. Absolute worst case $50 and you can ride as much as you want. You'll pretty much have a walk on everywhere. If it is crowded it's because of schools and band trips. None of the get them TimeSaver. So $50 makes it a walk on day for you.

Ok, Crazy. Two words: Lightning Rod.

OK sorry It probably wont happen but the terrain were slidewinder was could more luckily fit a raptor or a smeller hyper . I would love having a t rex but more realistic those would be more logical if they put it were slidewinder was same with wildwood grove

OK sorry It probably wont happen but the terrain were slidewinder was could more luckily fit a raptor or a smeller hyper .

A smaller hypercoaster is still a hypercoaster - a gigantic, imposing ride that takes up a lot of space. That area of the park is nice, and secluded, and somewhat quiet most of the time, and any size of roller coaster would just completely ruin the atmosphere.

What does LR have to do with it?

A first of it's kind coaster vs a stock system with 2 successful installations (and a 3rd for 2020)

Nothing about RMC's Raptor design is risky.

Let's put it this way. Say you bought a car, let's say it's an Oldsmobile, and it was a giant pile of crap, an enormous lemon, and you had to practically rebuild the entire car just to get it to run right. Would you head right back to the Oldsmobile dealership for your next car?

Would you head right back to the Oldsmobile dealership for your next car?

Not the same.

This is you bought the new Olds hydrogen hybrid sports car and it had some problems (that were eventually fixed)

Now will you buy the 3yr old model that's a normal gasoline engine that has a stellar reputation.

I don't think it's a direct analogy, but I do believe analogy works with how RMC handled it. If the Oldsmobile was mine, how did the dealer handle it? If the dealer took care of me, I would go and buy a trusted model from them.

How did RMC handle this situation? I'm sure publicly, we will never know the truth. In my eyes, they handled it fine and continued to work through the issues until it was corrected. Behind the scenes, did Dollywood have to threaten legal action against them or anything? If the answer is yes, I don't see them going to another RMC. If the answer is no, why wouldn't Dollywood deal with them again? It shows the can be trusted

What I'm trying to say, if a product was crap, I would go back to the company if they made it right and took care of me. If not, I might blacklist the company and not use them again, at least for a while. Customer Service and after purchase support can go a very long way

I'm not speculating that RMC didn't take care of Dollywood properly.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Let's not forget that RMC didn't have anything to do with the launch system, so, yeah....

Edited by Mike240SX