TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the scariest ride in the world?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually not afraid of ferris wheels, but the swinging cars on DCA's ferris wheel absolutely scared the crap out of me. It looked like we were going to fall into the big lagoon! I've got some hilarious photos of my little brother holding on for dear life on this ride! (and he suggested that we ride it!)

That Thrill Shot with them tiny seats looks very scary! How were you held in your seat?

WILD Mouse in Blackpool is indeed one the scariest rides I've ever been on! When your in your little mouse car, if you lean back pretty hard the car, the front will lift off of the track! Then theres the lift hill of death (if your over 6ft tall), especially when another car goes over it, it lowers about 5 inches, which is alot when your head is under it! On every tight bend the car tips outwards and on every drop you lift out of your seat completely, ESPECIALLY on the last drop where the track just seems to disapear beneath you also to be REALLY scared on this you have to go with 2 people in 1 mouse car, the heavier, the faster, the scarier!!

Its gotta be Vekoma's "Tilt Coaster"

I mean, I've never been on it to say for sure, but the number of times I've seen people on forums (Deep enthusiasts who claim to be fearless) saying they refuse to go on it when they would happily ride anything else in the world...

Yeah I can't quite say I'd do that, either. Vekoma stuff just scares me in general, sadly. I still ride them, but with great hesitation.

To me, there's always just something unsettling about freefall rides.

On one end of this spectrum, the Giant Drop rides are such a rush to me every time even though i know exactly how they work and how they feel. You know, LA is lacking one of these! I miss Drop Zone @ PGA.

On the other side of the spectrum, even though they're smaller, the old first-gen Intamin freefall rides are just terrifying. Never sure what part of you is going to bruse or if it's even going to stop at the bottom of that big L-shapped skid-out run. Scary as hell inventions. Brilliant, though. I still get chills thinking about my first time on "The Edge" back when Marriott still owned Great America.

• 2 months later...

Well for me the most scariest ride has to be Dalton Terror at Walibi Belgium. The ride broke down when I was on and I was for about 5 minutes 78 m high in the sky waiting for the fall and I knew it was broken down... That was truely scary

^So true!! LOL

I think one of the most terryfing experiences is Hurakan Condor...

If you want to see some videos about this ride:

http://www.pa-community.com/paginas/videos.php (I recommend you the one named 'Show todo'). Then you will realise how stunning this ride can be.

(I recommend you the one named 'Show todo'). Then you will realise how stunning this ride can be.

All of my life, I have NEVER seen a ride presentation on this scale before. (I don't understand Spanish...so I don't know what in world the guy was talking about). Hurakan Condor looks absolutely amazing. I have never been to Spain but even if I go to Port Aventura, I am going to have second thoughts about riding it.....

Since about a month ago, i get freaked on pirate Ships, after the stupid ride op left us on it for 7 minutes! I felt really nautias afterwards, and nearly puked.

I get scared on Galaxi's, they always look like there about to collapse, and that freaks me a bit. Which suprsies my freinds, as they love Galaxi's( ) but couldn't stand to go on anything with an inversion, or higher than 25 meter drop!

The Top Fun Typhoon model, named Magic Mountain of all things, at Magic World outside of Naples, Italy (Licola, I think). The OTSR came about half way open as the train was climbing the lift hill. The coaster has an inclined loop, and I was pretty scared. It beat me up pretty bad while I was just trying to hang on! I rode it again, and the beating was just as bad with a properly functioning restraint.

• 4 years later...