TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movieland Studios Discussion Thread

I just don't think SF likes to spend money to properly rehab the rides every season like they are supposed to, unlesss you are MM.

Funniest... joke... EVAR! Magic Mountain is just as bad, if not worse than any other SF park on letting rides deteriorate. I would say the only SF parks where I've ever felt like the rides were generally well maintained and ran comfortable are SFDK and SFGAm (granted I haven't been to quite a few of them). Honestly SFMM's got some great rides that run like complete crap (Riddler, Scream, Colossus, Green Lantern) compared to how they once were(or in GL's case, could have been).

When I visited SFA last year for the first time, it wasn't terrible but Batwing did go down for most the day (luckily I got it in early) and other rides came and went. Roar was awful, just horribly maintained where as Wild One was awesome. Just based on what I know about that park and their record, I imagine their maintenance budget is pretty low and their rides become nightmares because they can only go so long with getting the bare minimum.

Still sad it's gone, it was actually one of the better rides in the park if you rode it with some friends I thought. Also still a shame to see that years later they still haven't done anything with the space it was in, even just extending the grass instead of letting it become overgrown and leaving the station building there to rot.

(Sidenote, ^I would've gone to Arundel if I didn't go to Annapolis for the IB Program! Small world.)

Lol, I'm a junior at Arundel. I heard Annapolis is pretty good and bad in some ways.

Also, did you ever have Mrs. Eskuchen?, I know she used to work for Annapolis High for 10 years until she came to Arundel High last year.

Edited by ArundelHigh Coasters

Six Flags America has a really nice set of rides, and they are usually well maintained actually. it just seems like most of the break-down's , and issue's happen on crowded days. I remember even when Two-Face was still running , Two-Face would always have problems, and I remember this once it got stuck, and everyone left the line, and we got to the front of the air gates. When it started running again about 7 mins. later, the same people came back in line , feeling stupid they left,lol.I feel like if they actually took good care of Two-Face, they could have re-opened it without a problem in 09'. the media had nothing to do with it, because whenever Two-Face is discussed with GP, I've only had one person know about the hydraulic accident. It was news to everyone else. Some people thought it cut someone's legs off, and that confused me =P, KI takes such good care of Invertigo, except with the new paint job,Xd, I miss the old colors .

• 3 months later...

Rough translation from Facebook.

Your new exciting adventure!

L'unico al MONDO, solo a Movieland Park!!!

[New 2013] ** KITT SUPERJET **

thirty years after first project "Supercar" the Knight Industries continued to work on a new model for combating crime at sea. The SuperJet is now ready, two engines Mercruiser from 600 horses, two Hydrojets Hamilton, an aeronautical aluminium body, all for an unforgettable experience! Remember, even a run can make a difference!

Your new exciting adventure!

The unique in the world, only to Movieland Park!!!

544536_509711062405135_1384026593_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/#!/MovielandPark

So they bought jet boats? Do they have water to drive them on near or on the park, or are they going to just build a river for them?

Looking at Google Maps, the park does not seem to have any large body of water inside the park. But they are right next to a very big lake, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

It takes a considerable amount of skill to drive a Jet Boat like that, so I assume MovieWorld will probably be using professionals trained in driving such boats. I hope.

Terrifying? Most certainly. Dangerous? Well compared to most other theme park attractions there's a higher risk because of the unpredictable nature of the boats, but compared to a lot of other "extreme" diversions this one seems well polished and well contained.

Though Rambo is still showing on the website along with the new attraction. Hmmmm.

I hope they find a way to keep it (obviously with a reduced footprint)! I thought it was really well done theme park show.

I'm just picturing this to be like Magma on water.

That's pretty much how I'm picturing it as well. Sounds like the perfect addition to go along with Movieland Studio's other terrifyingly awesome attractions.

So they bought jet boats? Do they have water to drive them on near or on the park, or are they going to just build a river for them?

Looking at Google Maps, the park does not seem to have any large body of water inside the park. But they are right next to a very big lake, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, but the lake is a protected natural park, so the possibilities of putting the attraction there are close to zero.

PS: this is looking to be quite exciting, maybe even worth of a 4 hour drive

Wherever this ends up in the park, hopefully it involves fire. Just so it's MORE DANGEROUS. They'll probably end up running this during the Rambo show.

Still likely safer than a Carnival cruise...

dt

They couldn't possibly do any worse than Carnival.