TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Besides that, was guardian of the galaxy really that big of a blockbuster to justify this?

Highest-grossing Marvel Studios movie that wasn't named Iron Man or Avengers. Probably the most critically successful of the bunch as well.

According to rumors I've read this is targeted more towards the DCA/WDS versions and is only one proposal out of many. It may not happen at all.

• 2 weeks later...

wdwmagic.com just posted some new artwork yesterday, taken from what's been put up on some of the walls

surrounding all the construction that's now going to start at the Studios.

Interesting to note is that the Toy Story land artwork is now missing the Woody's Roundup Area (I call it)

and most, if not all, of the Slinky Dog Coaster is above ground and not in as many trenches as the

original artwork showed. It could be that they couldn't put the Woody area on a more rectangular wall

poster. But I'm curious if that part is still part of the Land.

Also, a more close up view of the Aliens' Ride, which is the Maters Junkyard Jamboree at DCA, "Alienized".

ToyStoryLand01.jpg.8b2b615d738b15e7ff3c1b5ae31ca1f9.jpg

The original artwork.

Toy-Story-Land_Full_27411.jpg.3a3b8a5eb7488379942fdc5d5ef87173.jpg

The new artwork that graces a work wall in the Studios. Note Woody's world has gone. And Slinky is more "above ground" than before.

Toy-Story-Land_Full_27412.jpg.37d6fce1f1cd91a5f3ba4ce9363321b3.jpg

Little Green Aliens Ride. With The Claw. Oooooooooooooo.

Slinky Dog's layout has changed as well, for example the first launch is no longer on an incline like the original artwork.

Also the rectangular building with the colored roof below the green alien ride is gone as well.

I saw some seriously stupid fan boy FREAK OUTS over the past couple of days over this and it just made me shake my head and remind everyone....

PEOPLE!!! IT'S ***CONCEPT ART*** - THE FINAL LAYOUT WILL PROBABLY CHANGE AGAIN BEFORE IT'S ALL DONE!!!

Seriously, we're now questioning things like "the rectangular building with the colored roof" ??? Really??? Guys, IT'S A DRAWING!!!! When has the final product ever looked *EXACTLY DOWN TO THE NTH DEGREE* like an artists rendering well over a year before something opens?

The new land is going to look fine and the coaster will be lots of fun.

So stop freaking out...

Edited by robbalvey

I saw some seriously stupid fan boy FREAK OUTS over the past couple of days over this and it just made me shake my head and remind everyone....

PEOPLE!!! IT'S ***CONCEPT ART*** - THE FINAL LAYOUT WILL PROBABLY CHANGE AGAIN BEFORE IT'S ALL DONE!!!

Seriously, we're now questioning things like "the rectangular building with the colored roof" ??? Really??? Guys, IT'S A DRAWING!!!! When has the final product ever looked *EXACTLY DOWN TO THE NTH DEGREE* like an artists rendering well over a year before something opens?

The new land is going to look fine and the coaster will be lots of fun.

So stop freaking out...

...Also the rectangular building with the colored roof below the green alien ride is gone as well.

Actually, the building is still there in the new art. Just moved over a little, and without it's greenish game board on top of the roof.

And since Slinky Dog is being touted as a family coaster attraction, the first 'hill' looks like they may go with an LIM launch, like the ones

used for Helix at Liseberg. Not super fast, but enough to maintain the speed and momentum going up that slight 1st incline. The second

one there through the "ringed tunnel" could go a bit faster.

Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I read about that on one of the Disney sites. Looks interesting.

Would be pretty cool, if they could pull this addition, off.

This could be Disney's way of also introducing more alcohol bars/places

that feels more adult to the park. And considering they're going to create

a bar in Star Wars Land, this could be the start of more alcohol (and beer!)

in the Studios.

Just checked. On WDWNewsToday they confirmed the park is going ahead

with the bar. And that it will be where a "desk is at the ride's exit" is. By the

look of the photo taken below, they'll probably cordon it off with the chairs

and tables - or a chain link fence.

TotBAR.jpg.ca455b27dbe6e524d911baac0ca9a5aa.jpg

This must be the place. Eventually.

There's not much known about it yet, so it's hard to discuss. I LOVE the idea though. Although I fear it will become the new Trader Sams and all the hardcore fans will keep it ridiculously crowded all the time.

A new Toy Story Land article on the official blog:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/04/first-look-toy-story-land-attractions-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

In Toy Story Land, you’ll find yourself shrunk to the size of a toy to explore the world of Andy’s backyard with your favorite Toy Story characters, including Woody and Buzz. There are two new themed attractions being developed for Toy Story Land.

The first – Slinky Dog Dash – will be a family coaster attraction you’ll want to ride again and again. The attraction features a coaster track that Andy has built all over his backyard using his Mega Coaster Play Kit, but as you know, he has a pretty amazing imagination, so he’s combined it with some of his other toys, according to Imagineer Kathy Mangum. Take a look at a concept video of Slinky Dog Dash that Kathy shared earlier.

On Slinky Dog Dash, you will zip, dodge and dash around many turns and drops that Andy has created to really make Slinky and his coils stretch to his limits.

The second all-new attraction in Toy Story Land will be Alien Swirling Saucers. This attraction is designed as a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet, inspired by the first Toy Story film. Aliens are flying around in their toy flying saucers and trying to capture your rocket toy vehicle with “The Claw.”

Alien-Swirling-Saucers.thumb.jpeg.ad454dbe3f1efd4043035f267c8e73f3.jpeg

As you rotate around the toy planets and satellites as part of the game, you’ll swirl to the beat of fun “Space Jazz” music developed just for this experience, Mangum said. The music, the lighting, and the sound effects will add to the flurry of your adventure while “The Claw” looms ominously over you.

Also today, Mangum shared an update that beginning Memorial Day weekend, even more guests will be able to experience Toy Story Mania with the addition of a third track.

TSL-Overview.jpg.2c3bee8885b1b897420fd30e13f94670.jpg

I love the Slinky Dog coaster idea. I think it will be a multi-launch family coaster that everyone will enjoy as a mild thrill for kids and a coaster credit adults will enjoy b/c like everything disney does it will be so well themed.

^^^ Well, that new drawing certainly confirms (to me) a more "spread out" Star Wars Land, rather than what

Disneyland might get (everything closer together). And at the very far right of the drawing should be

where Toy Story land has one of the side paths (w/tunnel) to get to SWL and vice versa. Cool!

Star_Wars_Land_3.jpg.16e29afbe78159776b46fb64e2e4592e.jpg

The first art concept released, of SWL, probably at WDW's Studios.

• 1 month later...

I'm extremely excited to see The Studios stepping up and building the next great Disney attraction.

A themed lounge in the basement of ToT?

I am so there!

Oh, the other new stuff looks okay too.

Oh, and Sreamscape is reporting the third track of "Midway Mania" has opened and reduced waits significantly.

Looks like some awesome stuff going on! I'll need to get out there and check it out. We've been spending more time at MK and Epcot with visiting family recently, and haven't been to the Studios in a while.

David