TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

The drinks look delish, but...Olaf's head has already melted!!!

Sadly, only at Tokyo Disneyland right now.

And non-alcoholic, too. Still...very nice.

frozen-theme-drink-5.jpg.ae171f943a06e382c5b8d56ab21ff9d2.jpg

Hmmm. Yummy decision to make here.

The only thing you need tickets for is the Singalong in the theater. Frozen Funland is standby waiting only. Parade is just grab a seat or place. Fireworks and Dance Party is just grab a seat or place.

It was funny running into you guys. I could tell that you had no idea who we were. As for the experience, we all loved it but didn't stay for fireworks, as the rain made the decision for us to leave the park. Will definitely go back again though, taking advantage of being local!

Also, a huge point should be made that the Trading Post and Frozen Funland are great places to catch a break in the summer heat!

As for the Frozen Adult Beverages, I had the Margarita, and the Mother-in-law had the Daydream, and both were delicious. The bartenders didn't go easy on the drink, I'll say that!

^ Ha! I knew who you were, I just wasn't expecting to see you guys! Sorry it was so short meeting, but we needed to get the tickets before they sold out. Was hoping we'd end up in the same showing, but we got 7pm and we never saw you guys again. Hope you had a good day!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Villains Unleashed event this Saturday, schedule was posted on WDW Magic and listed below.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/villains-unleashed.htm

I'm actually excited to go to this. I'm not usually a big character meet & greet person, but I am looking forward to seeing Constantine (bad guy Kermit) from Muppets Most Wanted, the Witch from Snow White, Br'er Fox & Bear and the Angelina Jolie version of Maleficent. Still hope they will limit the amount of tickets they sell like they do for MNSSHP and MVMCP. Granted the Magic Kingdom park is a lot bigger than the studios and has more space and attractions for crowds to dispense. So no matter what it will be a busy night. I'm sure they learned a lot from last year's non-hard ticket Villains event, I heard it was pretty chaotic.

Anyone else going?

From WDWMagic:

Villains Unleashed will take place for the first time on August 23 2014 at Disney's Hollywood Studios from 8pm to 1am.

For the first time ever, more than 50 Disney villains will take over Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Villains Unleashed on Aug. 23, 2014. This new one-night-only party will kick off at 8 p.m. and run through 1 a.m.

As a record number of Disney Villains come out of the shadows and take over the theme park, guests will encounter some of their favorite villains such as Captain Hook, Cruella De Vil, Darth Vader and the Evil Queen. They will experience a special fireworks show, dance parties and villainous food, drink and merchandise.

Villains Unleashed Schedule

Event Hours

Villains Unleashed begins at 8pm, with event tickets allowing entry from 5pm. If you are already in the park, you can obtain event passes at the Epic Theater and Soundstage One.

Parking

From 3pm, the secondary entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios will be closed. After 3pm the only entry will be via the main entrance on World Drive.

Entertainment

Hades Hangout - Sorcerer Hat Stage

8pm to 1am

Event Start - Sorcerer Hat Stage

8pm

Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show - Theater of the Stars

8:30pm, 9:30pm, 10:30pm and 11:30pm

"Guardians of the Galaxy" Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party - Stage 5 Animation Courtyard

8pm to 12:45am

Fantasmic! with special pre-show - 10pm show time, pre show starts at 9:35pm.

Villainy in the Sky Fireworks - 12:45am

Character Meet and Greets

Darth Maul - Star Tours area

Boba Fett - Near Backlot Express

Darth Vader - Star Tours event stage area

Stormtroopers - Star Tours area

Emperor Palpatine and Royal Guards - Outside SciFi Drive In

Cruella de Vil - Streets of America

Dr Facilier - Streets of America

Jafar - Streets of America

Bowler Hat Guy - Streets of America

Constatine - Near MuppetVision

Shan Yu - Streets of America

The Queen - Streets of America

Captain Gantu - Streets of America

Dr Hamsterviel - Streets of America

Barbossa (until 11:30pm) - Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

Maleficient (until 11:30pm - Animation Courtyard

The Witch - Sunset Blvd

Roaming Characters

From 8:30pm to 1am

Hades Hangout

Captain Hook

Mr Smee

Queen of Hearts

Big Bad Wolf

Goevernor Ratcliffe

Streets of America

Gaston

Judge Claude Frollo

Lady Tremaine

Anastasia

Drizella

Prince John

Sherrif of Nottingham

J Worthington Foulfellow

Gideon

Stromboli

Star Tours area

Stormtroopers

Zam Wesell

Aurra Sing

Tusken Raiders

Asajj Ventress

Jawas

Jango Fett

Greedo

Gamorrean Guard

Epic Stunt Theater area

Shenzi

Banzai

Ed

Br'er Fox

Br'er Bear

Attractions

The Great Movie Ride - Until 11:15pm

Star Tours

Muppet Vision 3D

Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Tower of Terror

Rock n RollerCoaster

Toy Story Mania - Until 11:30pm

Food and Drink

Club Evil - Hollywood Brown Derby

Merchandise

Studio Prop Shop opposite Honey I shrunk the Audience Playground and throughout the park

More Information

The celebration of wonderful wickedness will include:

Villainous Encounters: Interact with Disney villains roaming the park, performing on stage, dancing with guests and making mischief around every corner.

Fantasmic! Pre-Show: Behold the wickedness as villains takeover Fantasmic! for a deviously fun pre-show.

‘Villainy in the Sky Fireworks: Villains unleash their powers into the night sky for a specially-themed fireworks display.

Oogie Boogie’s Variety Show: Boogie down to Theater of The Stars to see Mr. Oogie Boogie host a special variety show crawling with entertainment.

Hades Hangout and Dance Party: Hang out with the ruler of the underworld and dance the night away with his party crew the house band Bernie Briquette with Brimstone, DJ Igg Nite and the Underworld Dancers.

“Star Wars” Villain Zone: Witness the power of the dark side as some of the most feared villains in the Galactic Empire patrol Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

‘Ex-Scream’ Makeovers: ‘Show your Villain Side’ and get your face painted to look just like your favorite Disney villain.

Attractions: Revel in the fun of up to 10 favorite attractions such as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Star Tours – The Adventure Continues. Beware of villains lurking around.

Villainous Food, Drink and Merchandise: Enjoy special mischievous treats and remember the night for years to come with villain-themed merchandise.

A limited number of tickets for Villains Unleashed are available now at DisneyVillainsParty.com, or call 407-939-1933.

Macaroni and cheese "bread cone" with bacon? Delicious heart attack.

source

Does it come with a cone of cholesterol-lowering drugs?

Good thing Disney doesn't do a lot of thrill rides. Imagine going on the Rockin' Rollercoaster after eating one of THOSE bad boys!

I counter that Bread Cone with an image of Taco Bell's new breakfast menu.

Wait, we're talking about the cone meals? And I saw someone mentioning how it needs to be in Cars land? IT ALREADY IS!

During my last visit we got two for lunch, one was Mac N Cheese, the other was some chicken thingy, both in the bread cones. They're not blow-your-mind incredible but they're certainly tasty and very fairly priced (I believe $4) and more than filled us up for the day.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/

When Walt Disney promised that Disneyland would never be completed, so long as there is imagination left in the world, he made a promise to our guests that we take seriously at all our locations around the world. This year, one particular product of imagination — Disney Animation’s blockbuster hit “Frozen” — captured the hearts and minds of people around the world and gave us a new opportunity to make good on Walt’s pledge.

We’ve made “Frozen” a part of the guest experience in a number of ways already and our guests have both loved them and asked for more. So I’m pleased to say that we’re starting construction at Walt Disney World Resort on a brand new “Frozen” attraction at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. The new attraction, which replaces Maelstrom, will take our guests to Arendelle and immerse them in many of their favorite moments and music from the film. The pavilion will also include a royal greeting location where Anna and Elsa can meet our guests. We think these “Frozen” elements are great compliments to the Norway Pavilion, which showcases the country and region that inspired the film.

“Frozen’s” popular characters will also have a bigger presence at Magic Kingdom Park this holiday season. In addition to the ongoing character appearances, Queen Elsa will use her powers to transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace every night starting in early November. And Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party-goers can see Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.”

We’re extending some favorite elements of Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!, too, so that guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios can continue singing along to “Frozen” songs with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna. Wandering Oaken’s will set up shop closer to the show through the holiday season and will feature a larger play area with real snow (in Florida!).

From the moment we screened the film several months before its release, we were inspired by the possibility of bringing this great story to life for our guests. Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! has been extremely popular, and now we’re looking forward to doing even more to allow our guests to experience the “Frozen” phenomenon.

image.jpg.dd5aca8126590777a904c00827eae246.jpg

image.jpg.56985b5b327fd4d37f4e47eed5b0268d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So this is kind of big news!

http://attractionsmagazine.com/studio-backlot-tour-attraction-closing-later-month-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Personally I'm all for the studio tour closing down. It's dated, a shadow of its former self, and no longer really serves a purpose. I'd much rather see great new attractions!

While it's sad to see any opening day attraction close this tour was really a sad shell of its former self and should have been taken out years ago when the theme of the park shifted from working film studio to movie based attraction park. Hopefully this is building up to a huge expansion of the park.