TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst Theme Park in the world?

The worst park I've ever been to is Parc Saint-Paul in France. Trashy, dirty, nasty...

It looks like they are the best customer of PAX which is not the worst thing They put the trashy rides like funfair attractions at meadows without any concept. They also had 2 closed rollercoasters there which weren't in a good state.

Some photos:

158628562_psp021005(16).jpg.d7989926cc123c87a7a14e9dd2bf2298.jpg

1316134777_psp021005(21).jpg.02e8203158367ff2a887309932df574f.jpg

1549064043_psp021005(59).jpg.281d0c2502b93db146c620907998f6f2.jpg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I was at SFDL recently, and that's definitely a park that's seen better days. Superman was the only redeeming coaster in that park, while the others were just dull and painful. The food was so-so, the water ride wasn't open, and the staff didn't strike me as all that courteous. Then again, they work at SFDL, so who can blame them?

Last year, I went to WDW, and I skipped Animal Kingdom completely. I may have gone there if Everest had been there, but otherwise, AK just comes off to me as a glorified zoo with a few rides. I went there in 99, and left as quickly as I came.

AS a park I visited, it would be York's Wild Kingdom. Dirty, rundown, and the staff were so mean . I hated the place. The only reason I went was because of the go karts back when I was a racing fan. Rest in peices Yorks 195?-2006. Palace Playland was ghetto but at least it had 20 flats, roller coaster, an awsome location and friendly staff.

Fantazy Land looks as ghetto as hell!

• 4 weeks later...
Sandy Lake Amusement Park-ugh......worst smell ever-didnt feel safe buying food and the tickets were too expensive and the dark ride was unthemed and the paths arent paved and the crappy tilt a whirl lasts 11 minutes....aargh

Agree with you there 100% man. Tried the mini golf where your ball goes off the course every hit?

Clementon for me I think. I didn't see the whole park as I was there for like 15 minutes, but it seemed pretty ghetto. HOWEVER, the staff were awesome, and J2 was amazing.

I did see a lot of potential in the place though. I really hope someone cleans it up at some point, it could be a really nice park.

Shockwave you are absalutely right

M&D's is (if you can call it a theme park) my homepark and its terrible!

Tornado is a death machine! i never indured soo much pain on a ride in my life! They tried to sort the problem by eliminating the final corkscrew (now replaced by a hill) but it is still terrible!!!

I've never been to a park that a truly didn't like, given what it was. By that I mean, I didn't go to Beech Bend expecting Holiday World and I didn't go to Michigan's Adventure expecting a high class theme park. Both have things I don't care for, but they are nice parks for what they are. Beech Bend is a glorified carnival, but it's a neat little place in an awesome setting. Michigan's Adventure is a wide open park with few trees, lots of concrete and trash cans, poor capacity, and less than stellar rides outside of one kick @$$ woodie, but it was clean and a nice place nevertheless.

I guess if I had to pick one place, as much as I hate to say it, I have to go with SFKK, my home park. It is probably the dirtiest park I've been to, has the worst layout I've ever seen, and on any given day you probably can't count the number of closed rides on one hand, but I still like the place for whatever reason.

• 4 months later...
Movie World here in Australia sucks! There is so much hype around it but once you're in there is practically nothing there. Sure they have two pretty good coasters - the Lethal Weapon and Scooby Doo but it has no soul. We were there for 20mins and my 13yo sister looked at me and said "This sucks, can we go back to Disneyland??"

There are characters there from Warner Bros and they are so ghetto! OMG, I almost died laughing when I saw Marvin Martian, his costume looked like something from a second hand clothing store. There are next to no food outlets and there are just big empty spaces all over the park.

You are so wrong!

When I was there,I liked it!

My worst park was,I don`t know!

Always when I am at a park,I have fun!

All paramount parks are the worse for me. I have only been to Kings Dominion and Kings Island. KD was just plain horrible. The rides totoally sucked and I had more hopes for KD and I actually went there to ride SOB and it was closed, but I had been really looking forward tot The Beast and it even was a let down. The only thing these parks have is the indoor launch coaster which the name has slipped my mind.

From what I have seen others show, I think the worst was Fantazy Land as shown by Dave

For my own expirience, I haven't been to a park I hated, but I would say the one that is probably the lowest on my list would be Family Kingdom. Swamp Fox is a good coaster with some good air in the back, but they have nothing else besides that. When I went there last July, I think I rode Swamp Fox about 12 times, and only rode the log flume once, their mexican themed sally dark ride once, and their shoot-up/shoot-down tower ride once. I wasn't really impressed by the place, i wish it was this place that was closed insted of the pavilion, and swamp fox relocated. at least the pavilion had other good rides.

But at least swampy is still open

Mt. Olympus is by far the worst I've visited. There is no shade, most of the rides aren't that great(Cyclops and Zeus are exceptions), the park is poorly laid out, the ride ops are the worst I've seen, and it is horribly overpriced. Maybe it will be a better park when they finish their plans, but it will take a lot of work.

I agree with Scaparri that what I would consider the worst parks are the ones that fall well below their expectations. SFKK would seem to be the obvious answer for me based on what I experienced, but I didn't expect much going in anyway.

Kings Island would have to be the one park that fell WAY below my expectations, so I vote for PKI.

Mt. Olympus is by far the worst I've visited. There is no shade, most of the rides aren't that great(Cyclops and Zeus are exceptions), the park is poorly laid out, the ride ops are the worst I've seen, and it is horribly overpriced. Maybe it will be a better park when they finish their plans, but it will take a lot of work.

Mt. Olympus is pretty darn bad. Here are some more problems:

1) They don't cut the grass under part of Zeus. I think they just let the train whack it down.

2) All their woodies have only one train.

3) None of their woodies are handicap accessible, not even Hades. Seriously guys, how much could a simple ramp cost?

4) They don't properly surround their track areas with fencing to keep idiots and children away from the coasters.

Despite the inherent ghetto nature of the park, I didn't mind Mt. Olympus so much. It doesn't make my personal worst list.

Hersheypark was the worst park I have ever been to. All the coasters are mediocre, everyone makes a big deal about Storm Runner and Lightning Racer, I liked Superdooperlooper better than both of those combined. The only redeeming quality that the park has is that it is clean, but otherwise it is a bore.

Agree with American Adventure.

I went to American Adventure back in 1998 or so, when it was apparently "in its prime". Even then, it stood out as being the most terrible park I'd visited. Some of the attractions were just laughably bad - for example, the much-hyped "floating island". To this day, the park is a standing joke between me and the wife as the nadir of parks we've visited. The few coasters they did have were generic, it had poor theming, bad staff, and nothing genuinely exciting in the whole park. We got in for free with some vouchers, but still resented the fact that the park took up our valuable time.

It's ceased trading just recently - check http://www.americanadventure.co.uk/

I don't mean to be argumentative (I know they are only opinions), but how is Hersheypark boring? 11 coasters, including one world class Intamin launched, a TON of flats, a working chocolate factory, a free zoo, some good food, not to mention beautiful and clean scenery and landscaping........I think maybe some people need to visit some ACTUAL crappy parks.

Hershey Park is the complete opposite of the "Worst Park In The World". Storm Runner is by far the best intamin rocket coaster, and Lightning Racers is a great coaster that ACTUALLY runs both sides all the time and really races. Wildcat from what I hear is 100x's better and smooth. 3 GCI Wooden Coaster, 1 Classic Wooden Coaster, Classic Unique B&M Invert, Very, very unique rocket, and the another classic, looper. How can you go wrong with 3 GCI's?!!?!

ANYWAYS!! Back on topic...

The worst THEME park I have been to is Geauga Lake. The park thrill-wise is top notch, but theme wise the park is down on the bottom of my list. Very generic, and plain. Then again it was owned by Six Flags before Cedar Fair got it..