TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

Fantastic update. I used one of your nightshots as my desktop background. You should but them on a site as bigger photos, so they fit the entire screen, then I'd love you for life.

When I get to Disney in January for the CP, can I tag along on a EE photo shoot!

My photos must be so sexy...which night shot are you talking about? I can email you a full resolution or sumptin (RCTFan).

P.s. no update today -- was chillin at the SPA for a spell.

Dude! Chill out! You've been working overtime on these updates. The recent picture with the storm clouds in the background. It gives the mountain a foreboding look. Positively breathtaking! Seriously, you realy capture your images well. I hope you take the time to realy stage them and wait for that magic moment to snap one off.

I always look forward to your updates Jose. They are very well done!

Guy "I know I'm probably gonna get pissed to hear that you just randomly snap off pictures. So do ma a favor and make up some intricate story how you spend 8 hours there to get only a handful of perfect pics." Koepp

Thanks.

^ Thanks for the compliment Guy 'the master videographer'. If you want to get good shots another photographer affirmed this tidbit with me:

The trick is if you shoot a lot of (what you personally will consider good) photos, then the chances you get a 'great' one are much greater. i.e. the total amount of 'night shots' I took were 18. You only saw the 'great' shots.

So I do take time to take pictures, just maybe not in the way you think?

Yes, I did deserve a day at the spa. The in-laws were in town, and well, its hell. J.K. They are great people. My wife took her mother out to 'tea' while my father in law was at a conference (this is all at the same hotel). I thought I'd try out the hotel spa since it sounded 'luxurious' (WWT&JD?). I heard they had a private lap pool that even regular hotel guests had to pay to get in, so I was happy (no chirrens under 16 allowed!). I'm a whore for good, clean (read: not urinated in), non busy lap pools.

Speaking of whores, I whored this off the internet: Taken April 2005

p.s. pm me an email address and directions if you want an ee photo sent to you.

orangecounty_OCGISSRV3602841242766.jpg.fe6aba909e2f6b671e6b714e2585deae.jpg

BTMR at WDW has a ways to go as well (and quite a level change) and obstacle (over the train tracks).

They might just have some decent power at the Storage end -- enough for it to coast after say a 10-12 mph 'launch'. The area looks fairly level. Get it going to about 12 mph, it could easily coast for 500 feet without a steep falloff in speed at the end

Here's a few early pre-landscaping photos of the loadstation, the first lifthill, and there over on the left.... train barn!

And as well, that killer-looking up-spiral in the background there? That's what you hit after you've come out of the mountain into the helix, and then back into it.

And then back into the mountain for --- The Meeting with....

(Photos are I believe from either wdwmagic.com or orlandorocks.com; don't hate me, cause I didn't take notes Thankyou to whoever took them. Hmmm. Maybe it was you Jose?)

LiftHill_Station2Alter.jpg.8ee186a99a5a8a712e6f645774287eef.jpg

And a bit better look at the barn in foreground, and as well, that lovely spiral of track leading upwards and back into The Mountain.

LiftHill_Station1Alter.jpg.1e1a369ea64cb6844fb6a403fe07815d.jpg

Continuing to our left we now see the back spiral there, which of course you won't see from all Da Bamboo dere... And is that what I think it is, far left???

LiftHill_StationAlter.jpg.151fba888ca29058d18fd983f5cea39b.jpg

Going from right to left, there's Ye Olde Loading station for EE. Note the sep.tracks to The Barn?

That's interesting-It's not as far away as it looks. And that's cool that it has 2 lifts!

Well actually.......

Naw - won't spoil it for ya or anybody else who doesn't know, hee hee hee.

It has two lifts.

And those pictures were from wdwmagic's pay section so....

Crummy night shots of Everest...

IMAG0020.thumb.jpg.08a338d2dd93db0632b2d9e56607a68b.jpg

IMAG0017.thumb.jpg.39481db9c4e5b3110ec231342943870d.jpg

IMAG0012.thumb.jpg.d9d785e1e7eaac4e23d1762051ae8e4e.jpg

IMAG0009.thumb.jpg.9ebd9f7a3a85991bd048073bc3172e28.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg.c374394448ce40dca37389ef33bad299.jpg

Are they unloading tarp to cover the back end of the mountain?

IMAG0007.jpg.afd35b294362b8c87f8ffe19eee0597d.jpg

Is this the Yeti going back to California for serious repairs?

IMAG0006.jpg.5ac5e6f1fe53a7482b31de3bc02c9c79.jpg

But What's this? Cranes? Why the secrecy?

IMAG0002.jpg.804f253437eededd0bb8975fe18ff18e.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg.7841c92b47b8788f96e8dd5724eadab3.jpg

Essentially you are looking at what they did @ Everest before you could really 'see' anything being built.

This is CIPP, cast in placed piping. It allows you to re do piping that's been damaged.

Basically this is a 50 million dollar project and has been going on for about 2 years and has another year and a half to go.

These are rare shots -- few folks have seen this work because they aren't up that late!!