TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

^^It's funny because even NJ residents hate NJ. In 2009 some friends and I went to NY and visited SFGAdv. We talked to some locals at a restaurant by the park and they're like "Why the hell would you want to come to NJ?!? AKA NY's trash can!"

Does it bother anyone else that the pictures aren't in No Limits 2? Looks like a great coaster but it wouldn't have taken long just to import it over for a nicer looking rendering.

I think you probably underestimate the amount of work that is probably piled on everyone to get this to where it is, and I'm assuming the design work started LONG before NL2 even came out. You're assuming that someone just output that image yesterday when it's very probably those images were created weeks if not months ago.

I'm sure the goal of the park was to get something out to the public to give an idea of what the ride will look like, not which video game the ride was created in.

Does it bother anyone else that the pictures aren't in No Limits 2? Looks like a great coaster but it wouldn't have taken long just to import it over for a nicer looking rendering.

I think you probably underestimate the amount of work that is probably piled on everyone to get this to where it is, and I'm assuming the design work started LONG before NL2 even came out. You're assuming that someone just output that image yesterday when it's very probably those images were created weeks if not months ago.

I'm sure the goal of the park was to get something out to the public to give an idea of what the ride will look like, not which video game the ride was created in.

I completely understand, it was just a minor point I wanted to bring up. I'd just like them to put out some higher res images in the new engine at some point along with maybe a POV. Can't wait for construction to start!

I realize they'll never get the crowds they get but I think this coaster will help get their name out more since no GP in New Jersey have really heard of Knoebels.

I hope the Knoebels family game plan is not to acquire more visitors from New Jersey.

Honestly they should be going after that market especially Northern Jersey. We're the next state over and they're really the only true family park around so if they got word out to more Jersey residents, they could have a nice increase in attendance with this ride.

^^It's funny because even NJ residents hate NJ. In 2009 some friends and I went to NY and visited SFGAdv. We talked to some locals at a restaurant by the park and they're like "Why the hell would you want to come to NJ?!? AKA NY's trash can!"

I live in NJ so I can tell you first hand that NY is much worse to live in. I always see Staten Island residents crossing the bridge to our malls, grocery stores and gas stations. Plus NY is much more crowded and the cost of living is a lot higher.

I personally find NJ very convenient to live in because we're near everything but I admit, the winter weather and the people are definitely negatives. My family has been daydreaming about living in Florida or San Diego all winter .

When people were talking about it being launched I thought zierer made sense because of Wicked, but now it's confirmed chain-lift i'm curious why they didn't just go with a eurofighter and have the beyond vertical drop.

I live in NJ so I can tell you first hand that NY is much worse to live in. I always see Staten Island residents crossing the bridge to our malls, grocery stores and gas stations. Plus NY is much more crowded and the cost of living is a lot higher.

I personally find NJ very convenient to live in because we're near everything but I admit, the winter weather and the people are definitely negatives. My family has been daydreaming about living in Florida or San Diego all winter .

I'll take your word for it.

Well, that was a great lesson in how not to announce a major addition. But anyway, big looping coaster near the front of the park with no OTSR, I approve! I'm still hoping for a launch, though obviously it doesn't seem likely at this point. Mini Fahrenheit will give me more excuse not to wait in the sweltering sun for the actual Fahrenheit. I'm hoping, due to the smaller size, the inversions will have a bit more "kick" to them than Fahrenheit's as well. Everything at Knoebel's has a bit more "kick" to it.

On their page today I noticed it saying boat tag and bumper boats

Will be removed. Sounds like a lot of people are bummed out about the bumper boats being

Removed.

All they did was put all the information in one place for clarity.

You've seen the pictures, here's a little more info.The design incorporates approximately 1985 feet of track and an approximately 98 foot tall lift hill. 3 eight rider vehicles will achieve speeds of up to 56 mph. 90 degree free fall drop, cobra roll, loop, immelman, helix, airtime hills are all incorporated in the ride. Riders are seated in two rows of 4 facing forward with the back row seats elevated above the front row seats. Manufacturer Zierer. Bumper boats and boat tag will be removed to make space for the ride named Knoebels Impulse.

No matter what a business does someone will complain.

Also just noticed that Flying Turns will be included on the wristband coaster option this year. I expected they would add Black Diamond to the wristband and keep Flying Turns as pay per ride.

Edited by larrygator

Airtime hills! I wonder if the plural there is accurate. It is only 1985 feet of track after all. But again here's hoping these hills have a little more airtime than Fahrenheit's, which really has hardly any.

I'm getting more and more excited for this. Even if it turns out completely average, it'll be at Knoebels so it'll be awesome. Plus, it opens up the door for them getting future major not-in-house coaster installations, I really hope this works out well for them.

BTW that rendering can't be the final layout, can it? Because I'm not seeing an immelman, or any straight bunny hops, and also it's got the launch section before the first hill...

Unless of course by "immelman" they meant "barrel roll", since I am seeing that, and they have the straight section of track so they can have that track that wraps around the lift hill and threads the loop, which is awesome by the way.

Edited by Dr. M

I love Knoebels, but I can't approve of this ride for this park. I love the ride itself, but it doesn't belong at Knoebels. It doesn't fit the theme of the "Old Fashion" park where the rides are classics. I didn't like it when they installed the Stratos Fear tower their either.

We'll be at the park this year, and we'll give it a try in 2015. I hope this new coaster doesn't change the park for the worse.