Rides that will never happen

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

The one that I wish(ed) to come alive is the

Arrow 'Pipeline' coaster.

I had the priveledge of seeing that ride up-close and personal at the old Arrow factory and I really wish they could have worked out the issues on that ride and get it into production/offer it to parks....Take note S&S.

So, how about a real coaster, maybe in a building, where you ride wearing LCD glasses so what you see is a 3d image, and for instance when you fall, you see like you are falling over a big cliff or some other place.

Universal has the rights to the musical "Wicked," so...

I thinhk a Universal park needs to make an airtime packed coaster called "Wicked" - the tagline being "Defy Gravity," of course.

Maybe when they come to their senses and make it into a movie there will be a better chance of this happening.

i have

a roller coaster that the seats are inside a ball and they roll around the track just drops and turns

Already exists/existed. At "Het Land van Ooit" (translates to "The Land of Ever") in The Netherlands.

Riders sat in a ball, similar to those on a bungee-shot ride, which was lifted vertically to about 30 feet, then rolled down a track simlar to that of a rodelbahn. At the end, the ball was rotated until the rider was in an upright position again, to get out.

I don't have, nor do I find, any pictures though.

So, how about a real coaster, maybe in a building, where you ride wearing LCD glasses so what you see is a 3d image, and for instance when you fall, you see like you are falling over a big cliff or some other place.

That existed/exists as well. It didn't have glasses though, but a 15" display inside a helmet-like cover.

The ride operated perfectly, with - after a few tweaks - almost no nausea complaints. However, the park got into financial troubles and was closed within a year after it's opening...most of the park, including this coaster, still exists if I'm correct. But no idea if and when it will reopen...

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1901.htm

Here's what I'd like to see, but never will.

A suspended coaster that uses Flyingscooter-like tubs under the track like an Iran Dragon. the differance being this: The Scooter tubs have the adjustable wing making every ride unique. They could make a train up of like 8-10 scooter-tubs, use OTSR's to hold you in.

man, i'd love it.

The one that I wish(ed) to come alive is the

Arrow 'Pipeline' coaster.

I had the priveledge of seeing that ride up-close and personal at the old Arrow factory and I really wish they could have worked out the issues on that ride and get it into production/offer it to parks....Take note S&S.

Intamin has a pipeline coaster, but only one. It's somewhere in Asia.

I would love to see a monorail coaster... with inversions that is...

I mean it would be kinda cool to have an extremely narrow track running under you.

The scary thing is, thats being considered. The fact that monorails are essentially hovering above the track, never touching it, reduces friction by miles and means you can reach fast speeds. I don't know how inversions would work... I suppose if its at a decents speed it would make no difference. However, some cameras screw up around them. Mine can't even handle CA' Screamins launch (LIMs?) its make a strange 'bzzhhzzhHAbhhha' sound...

Monorail coasters are real! I have videos of the one from Freedom Land in the Bronx. My grandpas, not mine They went soooo... fast for such small coasters.

Is it the similar style as the Arrow prototype?

Do you know the name of the ride or have the link to the rcdb site that shows any pics of it? (Thanks in advance).

BGE was really considering in building that prototype ride (around the area where the old Rheinfeld bridge was-where the scrambler ride is now) when it was close to being finished-then Arrow pulled the plug on the project after too many issues and safety concerns

*Since several of the posts are mentioning the 4D coaster-concepts and ideas, why not a 4D version of a flume ride? It would certainly be more exciting to develop that into an interesting design.

I haven't really thought of any crazy ride designs, but my friend suggested the following idea when we were at KBF a few weeks ago:

There should be a ride in which a bunch of people sit on a gigantic disk-type thing with seats. Then, a giant robotic arm flings the disk through the air (with no track, etc.)... until it's caught by another robotic arm on the other side of the park. Long story short: Frisbee: The Ride!

A big hyper or giga coaster with a 200 or 250 foot loop. I think huge loops would be awesome

also a traveling coaster. One from New york to florida or just really long distances like that. rather than flying, you can just ride a rollercoaster for a few hours through random loops and stuff like that, to get you to your destination