TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Theme Park Food

^^It's not too pricey if you ask them to split a meal between two. There's a small 'split plate' charge but the servings are big to begin with.

Best theme park food I've had was on the VIP tour at Universal Hollywood - buffet with amazing pork ribs and lamb shanks, plus plenty of great sides. Best 'regular' park food I've tried was the skewers at DCA's Paradise Garden Grill - they were a little heavy on the sauce but delicious all the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Epcot is the tops for "regular" (that is, "non-amusement park") food, while Knoebels takes the prize for "park" food. Dining at Tokyo DisneySea is excellent, too.

Pretzel dogs and brew at Busch Gardens VA. Yum!

That's not a bad combo, either--especially with fresh-made potato chips.

Edited by cfc

I love food, and will try just about anything.

Out of the 20 something parks I have been to, these are the most memorable for me.

IOA:

Mythos (nuff said!)

Burger Digs (Seasoned fries OMG!)

Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous (awesome kid friendly selections)

Cafe 4 (next to Hulk. Kid friendly options similar to Circus McGurkus)

Dollywood

Aunt Grannies (Amazing buffet! Only place I eat at Dollywood. Puts CP's Midway Market to shame!)

Busch Gardens Tampa

Play N Dine Deal (My favorite and best food value at a theme park. This ticket is available online only. Basically you pay for admission and get All Day Dining for free. Bird Gardens Buffet "Garden Gate Cafe" is included. Upstairs sit down style dining at Crown Colony is not included. Down stairs restaurant at CC is included.)

Example:

Each time you go through the line you are welcome to an entree with a side, 20oz drink, and a second side OR dessert.

This is at the Desert Grill

580821_3487613551212_1520633398_n.jpg

Can be used at Zagora Cafe, Crown Colony Cafe, Garden Gate Cafe, Bengal Bistro, Zambia Smokehouse (excludes baby back ribs), and Desert Grill (excludes baby back ribs)

My BGT favorites:

Zambia Smokehouse (SAMPLER PLATTER! Located beneath SheiKra's turn around to the splashdown.)

Desert Grill (Get there 20 minutes before show time. Half of party goes to a table, one half goes through the line. Then switch.)

Garden Gate Cafe (Former Hospitality House. Pizza buffet. I don't usually eat a whole meal here, just pop in for a drink and dessert)

Crown Colony (Nice and air conditioned, and great for a quiet escape from the noise of the park.)

Sea World Orlando

Same concept as BGT. I don't go to SWO as much as BGT, so I don't remember the restaurants. I do know that the food is amazing.

KIngs Island

Backyard BBQ (Buffet style with fried chicken, pulled BBQ pork, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, ice cream, and 16 oz drinks. One of the very few food choices that one can receive a Gold and Platinum discount.)

Rivertown Potato Works (Nuff said!)

Holiday World

Plymouth Rock Cafe (There should be a law against such a great theme park bargain!)

Favorite Park Adult Beverage Stands:

Beste Brezeln und Bier (Oktoberfest) at BGW: nice German and local draught beer that pairs well with the pretzels along with the Oktoberfest feel.

Minetown Restaurant (Minetown) at HP: I think PA laws don't allow you to carry your adult beverage around but this is a nice area in the counter service food court to grab a Yuengling and hang out on the shady porch which is nicely right in front of the amphitheater.

Watering Hole (Jurassic Park) at IOA: All I got to say is their Top Shelf Margarita really hits the spot. Three shots of top shelf tequila!

La Cava De Tequila (Mexico) at Epcot: Yeah their tequila is amazing and love chasing it with pico de gallo.

At KBF I love their famous fried chicken and biscuits. one favorite of mine, believe it or not is their chicken n dumplings at the chicken dinner restaurant (Or 'Chicken House' as we called it.) Also, their cherry rhubarb side dish is amazing. Pure amazing!

At DL, something I always go back to is plaza inn. It's kind of like a cafeteria that you choose what you want right at the food source, but someone still served it up for you. My favorite thing to get there is their pasta: Half chicken alfredo and half meaty marinara, since both pastas are the same price. Their desserts there are pretty amazing too. I got the most decadent triple chocolate layer cake there. I've had potroast from there once too. It was to die for!

now I'm hungry again... LOL

At DCA, for quick food I love their hotlink on a stick from Corndog Castle. I also love their award weiners. I like their BBQ hotlink. I seem to gravitate toward pork products a lot there, I noticed...

• 4 months later...
Silver Dollar City is definitely right up there. The skillets are amazing, and of course the cinnamon bread.

The succostash(sp?) and homemade tater chips. Every... single... visit.

Aaaaaannnnnnd now I'm hungry.

• 2 weeks later...
Pretzel dogs and brew at Busch Gardens VA. Yum!

Just an update:

- Knoebels: pickle on a stick... why does this not exist anywhere else??? Greatest thing ever!

- SFNJ: the boneless wings by El Toro aren't so bad

- Knott's: fried chicken... n'uff said

- Disney's CA: chili in a bread bowl

- CW: apple cinnamon funnel cake

The fried gyoza at Tokyo DisneySea in the Mysterious Island of Captain Nemo is good stuff. The frozen Kirin is "interesting."

Frozen Kirin??? Tell me more!

Basically, it's beer with an "Icee" like head, which does, indeed, taste like frozen beer foam.