TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^Exactly.

B&M's are great. They're smooth, they work most of the time, the GP seems to love them.

BUT...

The Hyper coasters seem to really suffer and just have very few forces and are totally repetitive and...well...all the same!

I'd rather have another Batman clone than another B&M Hyper, even an original!

I disagree, I found Diamondback (the only B&M Hyper I've been on so far) to be really fun. The floating airtime over every hill was such a great change from my local Hyper, Goliath at SFMM, which has low to no airtime. I think the coasters are designed awesomely and even if the airtime isn't very powerful, it's feels really cool, like you're flying. I'm all for an excellent B&M Hyper, I think B&M has perfected a design that ranks highly, has very high capacity, and low maintenance. I mean this years rankings show that they're all similar, but good solid rides, most being in the top - 25, so I'm not complaining.

I disagree, I found Diamondback (the only B&M Hyper I've been on so far) to be really fun. The floating airtime over every hill was such a great change from my local Hyper, Goliath at SFMM, which has low to no airtime. I think the coasters are designed awesomely and even if the airtime isn't very powerful, it's feels really cool, like you're flying. I'm all for an excellent B&M Hyper, I think B&M has perfected a design that ranks highly, has very high capacity, and low maintenance. I mean this years rankings show that they're all similar, but good solid rides, most being in the top - 25, so I'm not complaining.

QFT

Another factor you need to consider is that while B&M hypers are getting common in the US, Europe only have one. And we don't have that many really tall rides either, so a B&M hyper would easily get tons of attention here. I think it is probably a good fit for the park! They probably don't want to go Intamin again after the lackluster reviews of Furious Baco!

Yeeeah baby! 135 km/h is Really cool!

And yeah, this will be a major attraction in Europe, i think it's going to be the highest roller coaster in Europe too!

They probably don't want to go Intamin again after the lackluster reviews of Furious Baco!

Furius Baco, thank you! Also, Furius Baco is FREAKING amazing it is VERY intense and have one of the most awesome launches ever! Have you been on it?

Hello again,

According to Santiago, in Pa-Community.con, the dates of the coaster will be the following:

November: begin to put the columns.

April: finished and testings.

May: PA delivery and start operating.

Greetings

I am very curious about this coaster, so i searched around and this is what i found out!

EDIT: MY SPANISH SUCKS SO I DON'T KNOW IF ANY OF THIS IS TRUE AND REAL INFO

According to this source: http://www.bloggercoaster.com/2011/02/proyecto-black-beast.html?spref=tw

The new roller coaster at PA will be named The Black Beast. It will be themed as a old and abandoned town of Tibet where a beats "rules" the town and the town is kinda cursed. It will be themed with ruins and "fake" cliff formations in up to 20 meters of height! Sounds amazing!

This is just some of the info i managed to get out of the spanish text on google translate!

There is also released some more technical info:

The layout will go behind Dragon Khan, through the structure of Dragon Khan and tunnel under the Great wall of China, and then back again to do a splash down final.

Colors have been revealed:

Matt black rails with reflections of dark blue, on the supports their will be chinese inscriptions about the "beast" with dark red.

Elements: First drop 75 meters, the second drop-50m, the third drop-42m, banked turn- horseshoe of 70 °, the tunnel (on the Great Wall of China), mCBR to 35m, drop curve, Camelback, Camelback, spiral 250 degrees ... , Drop-splash + water, final brakes.

As you approaches the coasters station there will be allot of theming including a "labyrinth" queue, and small dark corridors in a temple ruin...

That was it for now...

This made ​​him an fan, not the draft PA. Jivo is the artist and also is the wright in the blog you just put.

PortAventura project has it very secret, as always in their news.

Yeeeah baby! 135 km/h is Really cool!

And yeah, this will be a major attraction in Europe, i think it's going to be the highest roller coaster in Europe too!

They probably don't want to go Intamin again after the lackluster reviews of Furious Baco!

Furius Baco, thank you! Also, Furius Baco is FREAKING amazing it is VERY intense and have one of the most awesome launches ever! Have you been on it?

Last results on Mitch's Poll 2010

Dragon Khan = 27

Furius Baco = 88

Sorry, it doesn't matter what you like, overall Furius Baco is not that popular.

Edited by larrygator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More information:

According to Santiago from PA-Community, who also works at the park, people from B&M will be soon on site to supervise the construction of the new coaster, which should start in August.

cHICOS, ES UNA HYPER, es lo que han comprado a B&M. Os he dado las caracteristicas, longitud, plazos, coste, tipo de vehiculos. porque ya lo han comprado, pedido, parcialmente pagado....Esta informacion esta super confirmada y han visto los papeles ya mucha gente.

Entiendo que dudeis pero en esto estoy super seguro. Lo estan haciendo ya y pronto vereis a la gente de B&M por el parque.

para que lo sepais, han escogido la alternativa numero 8, si han rehecho 8 veces el proyecto pero finalmente se han quedado con la octava alternativa.

En agosto se instala: pernos de anclaje y las plantillas de los cimientos

En noviembre: columnas y railes de la estacion

en diciembre: columnas y railes del lift

En enero: resto de columnas y railes de la ride

El primer tren llegara en Enero.

15 de abril primeros test.

15 de mayo entrega a portAventura.

Los plazos son comodos y no habra problemas.

Seran tres trenes de ocho vagones cada uno. 32 personas por viaje. Aprox. 1650 personas por hora.

Otra cosa es la tematizacion, que todavia no se por donde llegara.

Entonces, todavia dudais que es una Hyper? Recordad:

- Caida de 78 metros

- 1 tunel

- 1 doble helice

- 1 curva de alta velocidad

- Efectos artificiales de agua

- 5 camel backs

los vehiculos son los que estan instalados en :

Behemoth

Diamondback

Intimidator

The post is in Spanish, but it translates into:

- It's a B&M hyper. PA has already payed a good chunk of money to B&M.

- The project had eight versions, from which PA have chosen the 8th.

- The schedule should be:

August-october: groundwork and foundations

November: first supports and station

December: more supports and lift hill

January-March: rest of the layout. First train should be in PA by January

15th April: first test run

15th May: opening

- There will be three trains, each holding 32 people with an hourly capacity of 1650 pph. These trains will be the same as the ones installed on Behemoth, Diamondback and Intimidator.

- The ride will feature: first drop of 78 meters, a tunnel, a double helix, a high speed turn (I am guessing a horseshoe turn), a water feature and 5 camelbacks.

To me, this screams Diamidator out loud. Not only because of the capacity, or trains, but because of the water feature on Diamondback and the number of hills on Intimidator.

I don't think the stats are that impressive, but let's see how PA pull it off...

I'm excited about a new hyper going into PortAventura though I'm a bit surprised they are placing it so close to Dragon Khan, but that's probably where they have the most space for it. It is definitely going to change the skyline of PA, hopefully its colors blend well with Dragon Khan. The major rides at PA don't disappoint except for Grand Canyon Rapids (nice theming but very boring rapids ride that doesn't get you wet at all) and El Diablo (they should have kept the backwards seats on the trains they had in 2004). Port Aventura is my "home park away from home" as I have relatives in the Barcelona area and visit every few years and always do a day trip to PA every time I'm in Spain. Looking forward to riding the new hyper (I love them but haven't been on many), Furious Baco again (only got to ride it once in 2009), Hurakan Condor again (rode it twice in 2009), and of course Dragon Khan (my favorite ride in the park) next time I go back to Spain.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or... I thoughtI had read that the trains would be like Behemoth's and the other recent Hypers ? It's not what is seen on the pictures below... I'm also intrigued by the fact PA is supposed to get Europe's tallest coaster, but Mirabilandia also claims to be building something really tall... The South of Europe may see me a lot next summer. But back to Port Aventura, I really hope they build an intense ride like its neighbour Dragon Khan. A "tame" B&M would seem pale in comparison with forceful Khan

edit: I have surfed a little because I love this park and i am especially interested in this project. I know it's JUST a no limit thing, but the layout seems to coincide with lots of elements we have already read. So have a look at this one and take it with a pinch of salt..; here is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrnSLRpw5ec&feature=related

Well the images egiptologo posted are gone, but they showed patent drawings of B&M hyper trains (the 4 seats in a row version) with the water scoops located on the zero car at the front, spreading the water sideways up in the air.

Anyone else thinks this is an improvment to the B&M watersplash train design?

Well the images egiptologo posted are gone, but they showed patent drawings of B&M hyper trains (the 4 seats in a row version) with the water scoops located on the zero car at the front, spreading the water sideways up in the air.

Anyone else thinks this is an improvment to the B&M watersplash train design?

Sorry, the images of the patents are not of the future Portaventura coaster...SORRY...I have just delete the message.

Hello!

I leave some photos of the area, how has evolved over time ...

The photos are taken from http://www.pafans.com, http://www.pa-community.com and blog "pa-community" user "adripotter."

The entrance to the new area, illuminated night light:

El arbol Magico, "The Magic Tree":

- Illuminated at night:

-Animatronics, about squirrels in tree dell:

-Some views over the tree:

TeatroAventura "Adventure Theatre":

-We have added a deck to the theater. To cover the sun to viewers.

Here some pictures without the cover. And others with the new cover.

-The theater is the show "Sesame Street Adventure" (Sesamo Aventura):

Characters in the area:

ChikiTienda "Sesame Street Store":

-Painted a landscape on the back of Sea Odyssey 4D:

Improvements:

-Improvements signaling of attractions:

-They have covered sprouts attractions to the sun:

La Cocina de Epi (restaurant) "Bert's kitchen":

And now with the attractions:

-La Granja de Elmo (Elmo's Farm):

Attraction in which you are riding on a tractor for a tour, seeing the farm with different animals and different characters from Sesame Street. Attraction of "SBF Visa Group".

-CocoPiloto:

Attraction in which you are riding on a plane by a monorail, seeing the entire area. Attraction of "SBF Visa Group".

-Mariposas Saltarinas "butterflies jumping":

Rotary attraction in which you raised in a butterfly, and the more pedals, but going up. Attraction of "Zamperla."

-El Salto de Blas "The jump Ernie":

Attraction of two towers of 7 meters high, where the little ones can come up with the xcuerda and then drop like a free fall. Attraction of "Heeger."

-Magic Fish :

Rotating water attraction "Jet sky" Manufacturer "Zierer".

-Children's Playground "The enchanted garden" El Huerto encantado:

Ancient themed attractions:

-Tami Tami:

Kiddie Roller Coaster Vekoma.

- Waikiki:

-loko loko Tiki: