TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Hey everyone! just want to say I love the Boss at SIx Flags so much! I mean it is totally worth the lifetime chiropractor bills I don't care I ride it all the time! Gotta get my G's! Tootles!

F***ing wife got a hold of my account again!!!! Damnit, Emily!!!

Oh man, these are always some of my favorite posts. Well done, Emily!

I am a first time poster, but long time viewer of this thread. Six Flags St. Louis is my home park, with that being said I would like to say that I am very happy with the 2017 ride coming our way. While this may not be the stand out coaster that we've all been wanting for so long it is still a nice flat ride for our park (or any park for that matter). But in my opinion and I'm sure many other people can agree, I would rather keep taking the smaller rides and see the general park atmosphere improve, compared to getting a huge new standout coaster and the buildings and whatnot look nasty. As for the employees, I feel as if some of them do their job very nicely, others.. well they could improve. I have read a couple of pages back and people have been complaining about food service at our park and to echo what Robb had said, I agree, do not get in line for food during "peak" times. It's that simple. Take it from someone who frequents the park ( and by frequents, I mean I visited every Thursday and Saturday over the summer) and I can tell you that if you eat early in the day, you are guaranteed to get your food pretty quick. Sorry for the long post.

In case anybody was curious, this past weekend the park started using custom made SFSTL flags for the six flag poles by the front mall fountain. The flags at the marquee by I44 are still the original nations flags, well, with the new version of France and Spain.

That's a shame, it is one of those hidden Easter eggs per say. At least they kept them at the front.

It got so quiet so quickly on here....

I was thinking the same. But I think that once we get to Fright Fest, it'll pick up.

Actually, there is one thing to talk about:

Six Flags is ramping up their fundraising opportunities again this year. If you have a group that wants to raise money quickly, you can sign up for a date to have your whole group come and work a shift together! You'll get to park in the employee lot, get a short training session inside HR, get suited up in your free Six Flags atire (sorry, you'll have to return it), and get an unofficial tour of some backstage areas as you prepare to/start to make your way down into the park.

Especially for those of you who have talked about the Guest-side of Culinary Service, this is a great opportunity to see the other side of it. Plus, while I may not know you personally, I'd suspect that a good portion of you would enjoy the opportunity of working for Six Flags for a day. Besides the money being raised for your group, you'll also receive one free complimentary ticket per group member.

There are a lot more good details, so whether you're a sports team looking to raise money for new uniforms or a charity (like Relay for Life) wanting to raise money for your cause, this may be a perfect opportunity for you. For more information, please contact one of my favorite coworkers (who somehow finds time to help coordinate HITP lighting setup, Fright Fest duties, overseeing training, managing the recruitment program, and coordinating the fundraising program) by either emailing him at mbosslet@sftp.com or by phone at 636-938-5300 ext. 6318.

In closing, I still want to remind everyone that there are a plethora of positions open, so if you or someone you know is interesting in working at the park on the weekends, please apply at http://www.sixflagsjobs.com, wait for an email telling you to schedule an interview (or call us in HR at 636-938-5300 ext. 6314), and then come on out so we get a chance to meet you.

I just wanted to say a thanks to all the employees that worked the ACE event on Saturday. My son and his friends had a great time. Pete Carmichael made sure he spoke to everyone and took questions from the group as long as they had them. They gave away some nice prizes that were loved by all coaster geeks. The food service workers back in the pavilions made sure the buffet was never empty; and while I realize it was a couple hours extra pay for them it was great for the ride operators on Freeze, Eagle, Thunder, and Boss to be so nice when stuck at work late!

Special thanks to a young man on the Eagle crew. We got stuck on the lift hill when we were almost at the top. It turned out to be nothing, about 10 min and we were on our way. Ride operators communicated to us on the speakers to just stay put but this particular young man sprinted up the lift hill as fast as he could to make sure we were all okay. Almost to the point of giving himself a stroke, lol. This was fortuitous because I was surrounded by several younger kids (not mine) that were getting very scared and freaking out that the ride was broken. One poor little girl was crying, I had to go into full teacher mode in an attempt to calm them down, thankfully the employee showed up to back me up and we were able to calm all the youngsters down. Of course when it was all said and done they were extra proud that they completed the ride. My son was only disappointed that we didn't have to evacuate because he wanted to walk on the lift hill

HWfan, if you can please pass that along to Pete and I am sure they can figure out who this employee was, I'm sorry I didn't catch his name; but he and the whole crew did a great job.

And for everyone else, since the ACE members stayed after close for ert, we got a sneak peak at one HITP tree all lit up (not sure if it was an accident or they were testing) but it looked awesome!

HWFan

P.S. you can tell Pete that I am Joel's mom......he knows my son because Joel has repeatedly told him that he wants his job in 20 years

Oh and I forgot to add that the walkback tour of the Boss was really great, particularly getting to go up on one of the maintenance platforms and see a view of the coaster that most do not get to witness

^I just sent it. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the event so much, and I'm happy to hear that Pete was able to meet plenty of enthusiasts. Once you get to know him, you can tell he's a great guy who cares about the park and its Guests/Employees.

Also, if you want to send this (and any compliments/comments) that anyone has to Guest Relations, they can talk to Rides and help identify employees, as well as making sure it is catalogued in the system. You can submit a comment online via the park's 'Contact Us' page on the website.

Okay, SFSTL, I like you. I love turning around in queues when I see a 10 minute wait. I love all the greenery. The lack of new steel doesn't bother me much, and I don't even mind that you keep shipping vital parts of our theming to Georgia (#SaveTheSpanishFlagAtSixFlagsSaintLouis - get it trending people.)

But we need to have a talk. Not about food services or operations or cracking pavement. Not a talk about guest services. No, we need to have a talk

About your promotional photos.

Pictured: How an alien pretending to be human eats a funnel cake.

"I, A HYOOMAN BEING, AM ENJOYING THIS FRIED CONFECTION IN THE HYOOMAN MANNER."

Meanwhile, over at the gate to Hurricane Harbor....

Well, this seems like a perfectly happy fam-

Wait, zoom and enhance.

ENHANCE

This is the face of a woman that is going to murder her family in their sleep.

As a special favor for my home park I went ahead and worked up a Fright Fest version of the same photo.

Your welcome, Six Flags. I'll just pick up my check at Season Pass Processing next time I'm in the park.

Okay, SFSTL, I like you. I love turning around in queues when I see a 10 minute wait. I love all the greenery. The lack of new steel doesn't bother me much, and I don't even mind that you keep shipping vital parts of our theming to Georgia (#SaveTheSpanishFlagAtSixFlagsSaintLouis - get it trending people.)

But we need to have a talk. Not about food services or operations or cracking pavement. Not a talk about guest services. No, we need to have a talk

About your promotional photos.

Pictured: How an alien pretending to be human eats a funnel cake.

"I, A HYOOMAN BEING, AM ENJOYING THIS FRIED CONFECTION IN THE HYOOMAN MANNER."

Meanwhile, over at the gate to Hurricane Harbor....

Well, this seems like a perfectly happy fam-

Wait, zoom and enhance.

ENHANCE

This is the face of a woman that is going to murder her family in their sleep.

As a special favor for my home park I went ahead and worked up a Fright Fest version of the same photo.

Your welcome, Six Flags. I'll just pick up my check at Season Pass Processing next time I'm in the park.