TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Just posted on SFSTL twitter

*chants* Super Loop, Super Loop, Super Loop...

Prozach.....I am going to work on a much larger response to your long post. However, for the time being, I will say that you have become a cancer to this forum. I was actually going to offer you two complementary tickets out of my own personal supply so that you would at least be able to experience the park and know what you're complaining about. Yea, we get it, being a cop means you deal with crappy people who hate you...but guess what...I don't care anymore because you seem to get off by being one of the most frequent posters here who hasn't even been to the park in years. You proclaim the same tired rhetoric and only change phrasing. I used to enjoy this forum and posting pictures, behind the scenes information, and other fun conversation regarding the park. Now it feels like a chore that I just want to put off because reading this forum is the best way to kill my mood. Any guarded-fondness and goodwill I had for you is gone. After I have some time to respond to a few of the posts point by point, I am taking a break from this forum. (I wonder if that's why TNT hasn't been posting much recently either.)

Damn, dude, really? Yea, Zach's a bit more pessimistic for my taste, but I think he's actually calmed down a lot in the last few months. Besides, he posts salient arguments: based on what HE looks for in parks, SFStL hasn't delivered. And I don't think that what he's looking for is incredibly unrealistic like I sometimes see from other enthusiasts.

Edited by michaellynn4

Prozach.....I am going to work on a much larger response to your long post. However, for the time being, I will say that you have become a cancer to this forum. I was actually going to offer you two complementary tickets out of my own personal supply so that you would at least be able to experience the park and know what you're complaining about. Yea, we get it, being a cop means you deal with crappy people who hate you...but guess what...I don't care anymore because you seem to get off by being one of the most frequent posters here who hasn't even been to the park in years. You proclaim the same tired rhetoric and only change phrasing. I used to enjoy this forum and posting pictures, behind the scenes information, and other fun conversation regarding the park. Now it feels like a chore that I just want to put off because reading this forum is the best way to kill my mood. Any guarded-fondness and goodwill I had for you is gone. After I have some time to respond to a few of the posts point by point, I am taking a break from this forum. (I wonder if that's why TNT hasn't been posting much recently either.)

First off, PLEASE don't leave this forum. Without your inside knowledge and cool pictures of the park, this forum becomes mindless chatter. \

Second, I agree with you Prozach does post a lot of negative things about the park despite the fact he hasn't been there in years.

An Lastly, it says on TNT's profile that the last time he visited was June 26, so he checked out a long time ago.

Zach is Zach. There were days of SFSTL.net I would make posters and lighten the mood. Cant please everyone He doesnt bother me hes just "That Guy" But im also 98.9% lurker.......Seriously dont try to please everyone HW it will end very verrrry badly I promise.

Zach do you remember?

In all honestly we know its gonna be a flat, most likely a Super Loop. Hopefully it will draw crowds away from Freeze and JL:BFM!

Not a Super Loop. Six Flags canceled the Super Loops when the incident at SFDK happened. I'm not sure what the ride is, but it's not a Super Loop.

I asked about that awhile ago but someone said that they had possibly purchased a package with extra rides for other parks.

We all have one thing in common, we do want our home park to thrive and grow. Sometimes I lean on the negative side as well so I get where Prozach is coming from, but I believe we all share that common ground. I enjoy reading your posts HWFan, hope you don't leave the forum.

Damn, dude, really? Yea, Zach's a bit more pessimistic for my taste, but I think he's actually calmed down a lot in the last few months. Besides, he posts salient arguments: based on what HE looks for in parks, SFStL hasn't delivered. And I don't think that what he's looking for is incredibly unrealistic like I sometimes see from other enthusiasts.

Meh. He's just upset, because he works hard and he has a passion for what he does. I can't blame him.

Zach is Zach. There were days of SFSTL.net I would make posters and lighten the mood. Cant please everyone He doesnt bother me hes just "That Guy" But im also 98.9% lurker.......Seriously dont try to please everyone HW it will end very verrrry badly I promise.

Zach do you remember?

Lmfao! How could I forget!?

Prozach.....I am going to work on a much larger response to your long post.

Don't waste your time, dude. This thread doesn't need to be about me, especially on the dawn of whatever new announcement we have coming. I didn't mean to set you off. Just keep doing what you're doing. It's just me being jaded. If you think this is bad, you should see me come Blues hockey playoffs time......

Not a Super Loop. Six Flags canceled the Super Loops when the incident at SFDK happened. I'm not sure what the ride is, but it's not a Super Loop.

I see you're best buds with Six Flags' top brass. I also see that you're kinda doofy.

If you think this is bad, you should see me come Blues hockey playoffs time......

Ooooh that's gotta be quite the show. How'd that Miller trade work out?

Just poking fun since I live in the Buffalo area. I'm a die hard Red Wings fan anyways.

Back on topic, the Larson Loops are actually underrated rides. Most people thought that they would be horrible carny trash, but I actually found them to be quite enjoyable. Definitely a big surprise. The lights are nice too.

He has said several times that he values your input to this forum. As for prozach, I personally agree most of the time with what he says. Zach's multiple posts on so called negativity (truth) is no different than constantly reading about the we need a hyper or iron boss coaster posts. I read the posts I want, skip the ones that I don't care about.

I've been to the park once in the last 5+ years (that was for a date and I really didn't pay attention to the park). I don't see any reason to go back because they have yet to put in an attraction worth my time. That's my opinion, I simply don't care about dark rides nor do I care about Larson Loopers if that's what we get.

Edited by nrs2420

Wow. What a day! We haven't even received positive confirmation of the ride yet and people are throwing punches. But, I'm betting on the Larson Loop as well. Spent 21 years in St. Louis and worked at the park 4 summers. Yes, I'm a Six Flags fanboy. I now live in DC area (25+ years) and got to live through a year of FireBall. Both SFA and Great Adventure got one. No, I didn't ride it. My son did and almost lost his lunch. No thanks. Never seemed to pull a large line. It did look nice at night.

I did ride JLBFM. Awesome ride and Zach needs to cut the park a break on that one. That ride outclasses any of the regional parks. Super re-rideable. And I actually thought Scooby ride was best Sally dark ride around, so tough act to follow.

Other issue is you may not like the steel collection, but the wood collection is top notch and brings me back year after year. It stands up to any other park in the country. Don't even say Holiday World, because the Voyage is a piece of cr*p in my view. I know others like it, but it's my opinion. If they add RMC to Boss next year, watch out. (I've been on every RMC except Texas Giant (closed during my visit the week before the accident) and Twisted Colossus. Not a big fan of Outlaw Run (the corkscrew ruins it), but I do love SDC.

The SFStL thread has become very negative and I don't quite understand. I visited Cedar Point, Kings Island, Dollywood, Universal Studios this year and many others last year. I still have a great time at SFStL. Don't get me wrong, there were many things that SFStL could be doing better, but it's not about the ride collection. It's operations. (Maybe it's just the curse of 2015. Too many rides weren't running on the dry and wet side.)

I've visited SFStL, Great Adventure, SFA, New England at a bargain price. New England had the best feel and two awesome rides! I still like El Toro as my #1. I'll be visiting SFMM at the end of the month. Twisted Colossus and Yolo! I'm praying for a good ride on X2.

Six Flags just isn't dropping the money into the parks like they used to under new management. They aren't keep pace with Cedar Fair. This upsets me more than anything. I don't know if anyone in the chain will see a huge coaster. X flight may be the biggest??

I hope Zach and HWfan can call a truce, because both are valuable to the forum. HWfan would be the biggest loss since he brings such awesome information to the thread from inside the park. The number of posts has jumped with his involvement.

Hope things calm down a bit. I know there will be plenty of complaints following the announcement.

On a hockey note, the Capitals know how to choke in post season as well.

WP_20150826_009.thumb.jpg.33cd558713b5941f4342b175227131d5.jpg

Wicked Cyclone last week in between 2 days at Great Adventure

but the wood collection is top notch and brings me back year after year.

PREACH. I would go to the park just to ride woodies. Boss is just so intense and fast paced. Along with the twistiness of American Thunder and airtime of Screamin' Eagle, easily one of the best wood coaster collections.. ever.

Please don't leave HWFan. I enjoy this forum for your posts, pictures and keeping us "informed'!

Fireball Blazes Into Six Flags St. Louis in 2016

Theme Park Adds New Looping Thrill Ride to Its Heart-Pounding Line-Up

Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, will heat things up in 2016 with the new Fireball. This looping thrill ride will give guests a pure adrenaline rush as they go forward, backward and upside down.

Fireball features a single loop that riders will travel back and forth in, pendulum style, as they build up speed to soar head over heels. Seated back to back, guests will rocket through a series of 360° revolutions stopping upside down for some insane hang time before reversing directions.

“This high-thrill attraction combines suspense and anticipation, and will be a hit with teens and families alike” said Dave Roemer, park president. “With the forward and backward motion as well as the inverted hang-time, Fireball will deliver the kind of intense thrills our guests have come to expect from Six Flags St. Louis.”

7 stories tall;

24 seats in unique “face-off” design, with guests seated back to back and face to face

360 degree revolutions;

Inverted hang time with riders suspended upside down.

This new thriller will be located in the Illinois section of the park where the Rush Street Flyer currently sits. Fireball is set to open late spring 2016.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.vQ4uMlCf.dpuf

2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.thumb.jpg.a4eb220918352ae2dd1ef810b30ecdae.jpg

gallery_keyart_sfsl.thumb.jpg.73ae2393e60cedb05762e7ccc66fa12d.jpg

Edited by robbalvey