TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Rush Street Flyer will be closing! This is from stltoday.com

Thrill-ride junkies, rejoice. Six Flags St. Louis will announce Thursday a new ride for the theme park. Fireball will be a single loop that has riders traveling back and forth, pendulum style, as they build up speed to soar, quite literally, head over heels.

Though it sounds like they closed the loop on the Joker (old-timers will remember it as the Buccaneer), the ride is actually taking the spot of the Rush Street Flyer in the Illinois section of the park.

The ride will be seven stories high and riders will sit back-to-back and face-to-face. A highlight of the ride: inverted hang time with riders suspended upside down.

The ride is expected to open next spring.

“Fireball combines a lot of thrilling elements and anticipation that we think is going to be a great addition to the park for both our teen audiences and our families,” said Elizabeth Gotway, public relations manager for Six Flags St. Louis.

The height requirement will be 48 inches. “It will be good for families because two of you will be going forward and two will be going backward at the same time. It’s a first for our park,” Gotway added.

Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in California, Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags America in Maryland added the same ride this year.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm very excited. 1) they're not marketing it as a coaster, even though SFNE is. 2) it will be replacing The Rush Street Flyer, which was stating to show its age. That location is prime as its pretty visable and open. Imagine how it's going to look now at night!

It's seems almost strange that we will now have 3 new, colorful rides packed into the back of the park. Including Superman, the only old ride in Illinios will be Tidal Wave next year. Since it sounds like its on the chopping block, I wonder what will replace it?

My initial reaction is what did Georgia do to piss off coporate. Atleast we can say, disgruntled we may be, we have not had the weird past few years they have.

Beyond that....eh? I'll ride it more than Boomerang or Tsunami Soaker I guess. It will look pretty snd the GP will like it. I was really hoping for a HH expansion as I felt that was needed more.

I believe there is silver lining in this announcement. As I said in a previous post, they are really building up that back area of the park. Making it bright, fun, and attractive. We can only hope that a new, steel coaster will be announced for next year to replace tidal wave and expand into the unused land.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but that's what I feel all signs point to. Don't we host a big coaster convention this summer/fall? Maybe we hear something then.

^I think Georgia and La Ronde won this year with their new Larson Flying Scooters. I really wondered how long it would be before we saw Six Flags pick up on them.

And yes, we co-host Coaster Con (wth Holiday World), ACE's national convention for 2016. I for one am pumped! It's already on the calendar.

^I think Georgia and La Ronde won this year with their new Larson Flying Scooters. I really wondered how long it would be before we saw Six Flags pick up on them.

And yes, we co-host Coaster Con (wth Holiday World), ACE's national convention for 2016. I for one am pumped! It's already on the calendar.

I just saw "two new kids areas". Figured they also really needed a HH expansion. But that is a cool ride.

I'm excited for it too! Also the new prices on Season Dining passes and Season Passes is freaking awesome!!!

Agree with the dining passes. They've added more places including the funnel cake stand finally. Will be glad when we can use them at all the parks. Defiantly worth the money as much as we go!!!

Sad to see Rush Street Flyer leave, but out with the old, in with the new I suppose. Plus, all ever I wanted them to do if they were to give give us a Larson loop was to not market it as a coaster, and they did exactly that. Plus, it's cool to see the back area near Boomerang and Superman get some more color, and it seems Fireball will do just that! Color me pleased.

Also, just curious, are there plans to replace the sign at the parking lot entrance? I noticed Bugs Bunny was removed from the sign (for some good time now) and it's looking really bland without it.

Good on Six Flags for realizing how stupid they were marketing these things as coasters.

Plus, all ever I wanted them to do if they were to give give us a Larson loop was to not market it as a coaster, and they did exactly that.

But guys, they are. Watch the video. At the end of it they say "The all new Fireball looping coaster launching in 2016." If they really try to call this the 10th coaster I'll be pretty upset.

^I'm pretty sure HWFan said that Rush Street Flyer wasn't going anywhere, FWIW...

I do remember him saying that several pages back. I believe the words were "I can guarantee you'll be able to ride it next year." But some articles have stated Fireball is going where it currently is. Perhaps they're moving it?

I'm excited for it too! Also the new prices on Season Dining passes and Season Passes is freaking awesome!!!

Agree with the dining passes. They've added more places including the funnel cake stand finally. Will be glad when we can use them at all the parks. Defiantly worth the money as much as we go!!!

Are you talking about the funnel cakes stand right before the entrance to Studio Backlot? Because funnel cakes have been available for snacks there for months now with the dining pass. Or you can pay $2 extra and get a funnel cake sundae. Six Flags just never updated the PDF listing the available snacks. But it's available -- had many calories as a result!

But guys, they are. Watch the video. At the end of it they say "The all new Fireball looping coaster launching in 2016." If they really try to call this the 10th coaster I'll be pretty upset.

According to the press release, it's a "looping thrill ride."

I rode El Diablo at SFGAdv this year - this will be a solid addition. The lighting package on these things are great, and it's going to look good in the Rush Street Flyer spot.

Are you talking about the funnel cakes stand right before the entrance to Studio Backlot? Because funnel cakes have been available for snacks there for months now with the dining pass. Or you can pay $2 extra and get a funnel cake sundae. Six Flags just never updated the PDF listing the available snacks. But it's available -- had many calories as a result!

Yes from what I gathered it will include the stand near the back lot.

But really? Funnel cakes were available for this years dining passes! I knew about the cotton candy for an extra $2. Good to know...thanks!

^I'm pretty sure HWFan said that Rush Street Flyer wasn't going anywhere, FWIW...

I do remember him saying that several pages back. I believe the words were "I can guarantee you'll be able to ride it next year." But some articles have stated Fireball is going where it currently is. Perhaps they're moving it?

He did state the above a few pages back. Maybe they re relocating the Rush Street Flyer. The Fireball would look nice in Rush Street's current place next to Boomerang for more color.

My initial reaction is what did Georgia do to piss off coporate. Atleast we can say, disgruntled we may be, we have not had the weird past few years they have.

Beyond that....eh? I'll ride it more than Boomerang or Tsunami Soaker I guess. It will look pretty snd the GP will like it. I was really hoping for a HH expansion as I felt that was needed more.

I believe there is silver lining in this announcement. As I said in a previous post, they are really building up that back area of the park. Making it bright, fun, and attractive. We can only hope that a new, steel coaster will be announced for next year to replace tidal wave and expand into the unused land.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but that's what I feel all signs point to. Don't we host a big coaster convention this summer/fall? Maybe we hear something then.

I agree with you. Most of us on this forum are enthusiast, thus we've been around on many style coasters. But for the GP, Fireball (as well as Boomerang when introduced) were "new" rides SFSTL. Most in St. Louis and neighboring states don't travel far to amusement parks and SFSTL is as close as they ever get to thrill rides.

I believe we are one of the parks to host a convention this year.

I'm hoping the build up to the Chicago area is leading to something great to come soon, perhaps by expanding by Tidal Wave. I'm still hoping for a RMC Boss within the next few years as well.

Yeah, that confused me. The article did not inclde a closing date either. If they did move it then it could use some paint. I wonder if we will see any name changes ala SFGADv from any of these superloops

Edited by RollerManic

Believe whatever you want, but I guarantee that you will be able to ride the Rush Street Flyer next year.

He didn't say it was going to be in the same spot. If it was moved, where would they put it, I wonder?

Yes from what I gathered it will include the stand near the back lot.

But really? Funnel cakes were available for this years dining passes! I knew about the cotton candy for an extra $2. Good to know...thanks!

You can get cotton candy with the dining pass at the stand by tidal wave without paying the extra $2.

I'm just a bit disappointed all we're getting is a Super Loop. We're like the only park getting a Super Loop and nothing else. I mean, SFOG is getting 12 new rides, we couldn't get another one?

Lol time to start talking about 2017... Iron Boss anyone?