TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the Best B&M Stand-Up Coaster

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've ridden all the B&M standups in the USA, except for the one at Carowinds.

I would call a tie between Scorcher and Riddler. Both offer different styles, and both do it perfectly. Scorcher does what the early B&M standups do, but it does it gracefully.

I really can't comment on Iron Wolf or PGA's Vortex, seeing as I haven't ridden them in about 10 years! Both were smooth and wonderful then, but I gotta trust the population when 99% of you all say that those two have gone straight to hell.

Then we have the two Handicapped 'Tards: Chang and Mantis. There's so much wrong with these two coasters. It's almost offensive. I honestly hate both of them with a passion. Chang, Mantis, and SUF are at the very bottom of my B&M list -- well, actually, they're probably some of my least favorites of all time.

"I hate all B&M Stand-Ups... maybe because I'm fat"

Me too.....but im not fat its because im a guy! (and the evil ride ops always make them crush my nuts lol)

Robbie"I swear alot of girls are the designers of these rides"Milburn

this will be the like 8oth time I've replied tosomething like this. But Georgia Scorcher, IMO, is the only one worth riding. Riddler is ok, but I'm not a huge fan..... Geogia scorcher is forcefull, but not to forcefull that it hurts your legs. Plus it has a tight footprint, that somehow gives you like 4 healthy doses of air. It is in my top ten. coming from a person that basically despises stand ups, that is an accomplishment.

Definetaly Scorcher, I have also been on Mantis and RR. I thought that both of them were fun but after waiting for an hour then the sleepiness and burns from waiting in the sun really bother you and really overpower the ride and make it less fun. Scorcher on the other hand had a short line and was very very very smooth and forceful.

I've been on:

Both Vortex's (Thrilling, but short-----5 out of 10 for both)

Iron Wolf (Thrilling, but too short-----5 out of 20)

Chang (Great ride, too much yellow----7 out of 10)

Mantis (Best of them all IMO..-----10 out of 10...Even though Mantis & Chang are almost the same...Chang just didn't thrill me as much, being a mirror image)

Riddler (Damn good ride, love the dive loops!----9 out of 10)

and Georgia Scorcher (Also a damn good ride----8 1/2 out of 10)

My Favorite one is the Mantis. I don't care what anyone says about this coaster, it's fun, fast, and wacky crazy....and has just about the best color scheme on any of the B&M Stand-ups in my opinion. And it just happens to reside in my second favorite park.

My Favorite one is the Mantis. I don't care what anyone says about this coaster, it's fun, fast, and wacky crazy....and has just about the best color scheme on any of the B&M Stand-ups in my opinion. And it just happens to reside in my second favorite park.

hmm, you like mantis, at cedar point (your second favorite park) the best....

yet for some reason you rank the ride's clone 4th out of 6?

**looks at your avatar**

Ooohhh, now i get it!

heres my list of B&M standups i've been on, best to worst.

Riddler's Revenge

Ok, so i've only been on one, but i guess i should say that i loved RR, one of my favorite coasters.

Has yet to crush my balls, just "sit" down then scooch back, they'll be fine when they're infront of you (opposed to UNDER you )

Even though Mantis & Chang are almost the same...Chang just didn't thrill me as much, being a mirror image)

Where did you hear they are mirror-images? They are similar, but quite different.

and [Mantis] has just about the best color scheme on any of the B&M Stand-ups in my opinion.

Wow, I think Mantis has just about the ugliest color scheme of any coaster.

The first half of Chang is an almost exact mirrored clone of Mantis. The second half however is different

But what I'm saying is -- they are mirror images if youre playing RCT, but not from an engineering stand point. The fact is, they have different heights, different drop angles, different sized elements, etc.

I loved Iron Wolf! 8) although, I did expect it to be rough so I rode it in the Vekoma position. The twists and stuff are so insanely quick, and like the track changes angles it dodgy places, like teh bottom of the first drop lol. But yeh, its the only one I've ridden so I can't vote for the best, but I still think it's a tad under-rated, I found it dead fun!

I've been on...

Mantis

Iron Wolf

Georgia Scorcher

Vortex

Riddler's Revenge

I'd say the best is Riddler's Revenge, but don't bend your knees on the ride or it will hurt! It's best if you stand up straight on any B&M standup. The evil SFMM ride op made me stand on Riddler's Revenge in a sit-down position and it was so evil that it hurt!

I have only ridden Shockwave at Drayton Manor Park. Its was cool, and it was a good experience. I think that Ridelers Revenge and Mantis look the best. They are gaint compared to the tiny UK coasters. Georgia Scorcher looks like it has a few tight turns, because the track is so close together.

• 5 years later...
I have only ridden Shockwave at Drayton Manor Park. Its was cool, and it was a good experience. I think that Ridelers Revenge and Mantis look the best. They are gaint compared to the tiny UK coasters. Georgia Scorcher looks like it has a few tight turns, because the track is so close together.

shockwave however isnt a B&M its a Giovanola

I like riddler myself, the only other one I've been is vortex at cga, nothing to say about that one that hasnt been said before

I enjoy all stand-ups at least a little.

Big Stand-Ups (I like these all about the same)

1. Green Lantern

2. Riddler's Revenge

3. Mantis

What I like about these are the long layouts and the fun inversions and forces, including both positives and bits of airtime. I recall Green Lantern being the most intense; in fact, the Batman-like forces were a bit much for me at times.

Lil' Stand-Ups (I like these both about the same)

4. Iron Wolf

5. Vortex (CGA)

I thought both of these were fun. They were rough, but had decent little layouts.