TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Time to Move the Sticky's?

SharkTums

Should the majority of the Sticky's be moved to their own board?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should the majority of the Sticky's be moved to their own board?

• Yes, move them to their own board.
    • No, leave them here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well, that was the problem. Over the past month ALL of the stickies have gotten multiple replies EVERY DAY. But there are so many of them that it looked like of "cluttered."

So I basically unstuck some to see if that cleans it up a little bit.

--Robb

I would say leave them as they are. I kind of get the feeling they might get ignored as well if they were in a different spot seeing how the stickies don't vary too much from time to time. It's also nice 'cause each sticky is already in the forum it belongs like random or coasters and junk. Not that the seperate board is a bad idea! Just think it doesn't hurt to have them how they are.

I think the ones that I un-sticked, if they stay popular, then yes they will be at the top. A good example is the "What was the last beer you drank" or "What was the last game you played" threads. They didn't really need to be stickied because they always get responses to it.

I do agree that the number of stickies just go to be too much. So now, popular threads that are responded to everyday will be right under the stickies, pretty much in the same spot they were before, and if one or two of them drops off, that might actually allow a couple new ones to take their place.

I think it should work just fine.

--Robb

So far this seems to be working ok. Personally, I think the people who want to post in the non-stickied "popular" threads (beer and game threads) know where they are and will find them and at least having them non-stickied give other topics a chance to get replies also.

Let me know if you guys all like it this way.

--Robb

^^ The way it is now is much better Robb.

Although I would get rid of the birthday thread. Maybe it's my miserable Britishness but seeing as the same people say happy birthday to each and every birthday boy/girl each day, it seems fairly pointless to me.

Maybe it's just because I fear getting old and despise my birthdays.