TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Time to Move the Sticky's?

SharkTums

Should the majority of the Sticky's be moved to their own board?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should the majority of the Sticky's be moved to their own board?

• Yes, move them to their own board.
    • No, leave them here.

Robb and I have differing opinions on this question so I figured I would put it to a vote!

Here's my thought:

We create a new board called "The Sticky Board" - All your favorite sticky's in one spot!

We put all of the Random Sticky's in there as well as the Ask Elissa for a Custom Member Title, and even maybe some more! It would be a board where you could not start any new topics, just add to the sticky's already in there. In time as we had new topics develop they could be moved to this separate board.

Robb worries that you guys will just ignore (not read or post as much) the new board, and we'll lose a lot of great posts that we all like to read. I see that as a possibility as well, but I just can't stand looking at 23423 sticky's!!!!

So basically, please vote and share your thoughts...Thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps a solution (not necessarily THE solution) is to reduce the number of stickies? For example, do we really need these to be stickied?

Picture of the day

The "Say Happy BDAY to your fellow users" Thread

Game: Rate the avatar above you

Game-The Guy Above Me

What Was the Last Beer or Wine You Drank?

My suggestion would be to leave the following as stickies:

The "Say Something Random" Thread

The "Rant" Thread

The "Picture Of Me" Thread

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

What song are you listening to?

I really would like to have as few different boards as possible, but if everyone wants a board just for the sticky subjects then I'd do it.

--Robb

Perhaps a solution (not necessarily THE solution) is to reduce the number of stickies? For example, do we really need these to be stickied?

Picture of the day

The "Say Happy BDAY to your fellow users" Thread

Game: Rate the avatar above you

Game-The Guy Above Me

What Was the Last Beer or Wine You Drank?

My suggestion would be to leave the following as stickies:

The "Say Something Random" Thread

The "Rant" Thread

The "Picture Of Me" Thread

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

What song are you listening to?

I really would like to have as few different boards as possible, but if everyone wants a board just for the sticky subjects then I'd do it.

--Robb

I agree with that.

Perhaps a game forum? there seem to be a lot of games bopping around.

So if we move all the stickies to a game forum and no one goes there, can we move them back?

I personally don't like the idea of having yet another board since I barely have time to read the ones we have now.

But if everyone wants this and will actually USE it, then we will do it.

--Robb

So if we move all the stickies to a game forum and no one goes there, can we move them back?

I personally don't like the idea of having yet another board since I barely have time to read the ones we have now.

But if everyone wants this and will actually USE it, then we will do it.

--Robb

Do you mean, all the stickies apart from the ones you mentioned earlier that you'd rather leave: rant, picture of me, etc?

I think a game forum would be a good idea seeing as they've been popping up all over the place lately, and hey, if no one goes there at all, delete them! See if anyone's paying attention!

I think there is some confusion we need to clear up:

There are two different ideas here. The one Elissa wants to do is the "Sticky Board" where ALL of the stickies from the Random Board would live.

The other idea is the "Game Board" where all the games would live.

Personally, I'm not sure we have enough "games" for the game board because the only ones that are stickied now are:

The Guy Above Me

Rate the avatar above you

The others just kind of pop up here and there and die off after a few days, maybe a week or so. For example, at the moment there are only two non-stickied games with any activity: "Random Words Game" and "Mystery Coaster Game"

So I think what we need to focus on is the idea Elissa originally presented:

"Do you think we should move the stickies to their own board."

Let's save the idea of a "Game Board" for another time.

--Robb

Think the sticky's should stay where they are. I think I might forget about the sticky board after a while. I also agree with Robb that we don't need so many sticky's. When I first come on the random board all I see are sticky's. Let some of them go. If its a good topic it will stay alive.

well, judging by that poll so far... it's really not going to help your decision at all.

But i say leave them where they are! we come to the random board and we know they're here so whay change it? besides i think moving it to another board could reduce the traffic the topics get.

example: people who would go to the "stickys only" thread would be looking for a specific thread that they know is there. They would do the exact same thing if they stayed, they know it's here, so they come here. Moving the thread would probably result in the people who just see it by chance to decrease, because they were looking for a different thread that happens to be in the same fourm. In the "sticky only" forum there would not be those other threads.

gosh i'm bad at explaining myself!