TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Comedian?

Luxo

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitch Hedberg! It's hard not to love his one-liners.

--I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut. I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I'll just give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can't imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend: "Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut! I got the documentation right here...oh, wait it's at home...in the file...under "D", for "doughnut.

--I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential.

--When you go to a restaurant on the weekends and it's busy they start a waiting list. They start calling out names, they say "Dufresne, party of two. Dufresne, party of two." And if no one answers they'll say their name again. "Dufresne, party of two, Dufresne, party of two." But then if no one answers they'll just go right on to the next name. "Bush, party of three." Yeah, what happened to the Dufresnes? No one seems to give a shit. Who can eat at a time like this? People are missing! You fuckers are selfish. The Dufresnes are in someone's trunk right now, with duct tape over their mouths. And they're hungry. That's a double whammy. Bush, search party of three, you can eat when you find the Dufresnes.

As well as Gabriel Iglesias, Jim Gaffigan and Lisa Lampanelli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I really don't have a favorite anymore. Maybe because I'm old and no fun!

Growing up we listened to Bill Cosby all the time and had a number of his records. Lately his reputation isn't so good.

When I was a little older it was Johnny Carson but after he retired I haven't really had just one that I really liked.

I am going to go with Steven Wright, Mitch Hedberg or George Carlin. For "newer" comedians, I like Lewis Black and Louis CK.

I know I will probably get flogged for saying this, but I don't think Jeff Dunham is funny at all and is possibly one of the most overrated comedians I think I have ever watched. I watched several of his shows on Comedy Central thinking that perhaps I was overlooking something, but I just came away thinking how very stupid it was.

Margaret Cho - Love her stories about her mother. Actually got to see her live in Dayton a few years ago. Second row center. Her DVD's are great, but it is much better in person.

Gabriel Iglesias - Hysterical. Big, Healthy, Husky, Fluffy, DAAAMN, and Oh hell no.

Jeff Dunham and Peanut - NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I know I will probably get flogged for saying this, but I don't think Jeff Dunham is funny at all and is possibly one of the most overrated comedians I think I have ever watched. I watched several of his shows on Comedy Central thinking that perhaps I was overlooking something, but I just came away thinking how very stupid it was.

I absolutely HATE Jeff Dunham. Of the few times that I've been forced to watch him, I just want to strangle that stupid purple puppet.

Alright, back to favorites. I'm not sure I can choose just one. So, here's a list (in no particular order): Bill Cosby (had tickets to a now-cancelled show ), Michael Richards, Jon Stewart, Louis CK, Lewis Black, Gallagher (Saw him live; incredible!), Bill Maher (Saw him live, too; amazing!), Robin Williams, George Carlin, and others that I've most certainly forgotten.

^LOL! Funny that I had the same thought about those puppets....in addition to perhaps bum rushing the stage at one of his shows & setting one on fire in front of everyone in the audience.

It's much easier (& less of a legal hassle) to just turn the channel when I see him on TV though.

Recent posting about Dunham has made me suddenly realize one of The Best Puppet Acts

In the Vegas World (and eventual tv) as Wayland Flowers...... And Madame!

They were great, she was an almost X rated thing on tv, and I am sure they made it

Real Dirty in night clubs and Vegas.

Wayland_Flowers_and_Madame.jpg.1fc4fca6ad83f0629472ca4b880bc95a.jpg

A great act. Would've loved to have see them live.