TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

This modification could potentially save the park money for routine maintenance in the long run. I'm excited to get out to Texas in a couple years to ride it. Texas Giant wasn't pleasant when I rode it back in '08.

That is a weird looking track. Not sure if I like how the red steel on top of the wooden supports. But the thing that really looks odd is that they have those bolts sticking up on the top of the track. I'm sure the train wheels are going to run between the bolts, but it still looks really odd.

Yeah, it'd look a lot better if they painted them black/grey/silver/brown, but I don't see why they'd go through the trouble of painting it red just to have it be painted over again.

^ I remember reading somewhere when this was announced that the new track weighs about the same, so if that's the case, I doubt much new bracing, if any at all, will be added.

Right, but if the ride is taller and faster, it will most likely be more forceful, too. And with higher forces comes a greater need for support...

IMO, I like the track color. It looks nice up close and I don't think the colors clash that much.

Also, if this renovation turns out for the best, I'm definitely making a trip to Texas. You know, not including the other 3 Six Flags parks in Texas.

IMO, I like the track color. It looks nice up close and I don't think the colors clash that much.

Also, if this renovation turns out for the best, I'm definitely making a trip to Texas. You know, not including the other 3 Six Flags parks in Texas.

Uhm what other 3 Six Flags parks in Texas?

^ I remember reading somewhere when this was announced that the new track weighs about the same, so if that's the case, I doubt much new bracing, if any at all, will be added.

Right, but if the ride is taller and faster, it will most likely be more forceful, too. And with higher forces comes a greater need for support...

Even if the trains are going to be lighter? I don't know if they will be or not, but what if?

It seems really weird to put bolts on the top of the flange like that. Any chance of the car sliding over and catching those would make for a very interesting accident. While I'm sure its safe and they've calculated all the possible paths of the train, I'd still feel a lot better if they put them on the sides or on the web somehow.

^If I had to speculate, I would say it wouldn't be that loud. At least it doesn't look like it would be that loud.

Superman at Magic Mountain also has I-beam track. Its the loudest coaster I have come across..

^If I had to speculate, I would say it wouldn't be that loud. At least it doesn't look like it would be that loud.

Superman at Magic Mountain also has I-beam track. Its the loudest coaster I have come across..

If I'm not mistaken, I think the LSM motors have a lot to do with the noise S:TE makes.