TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

As was discussed with Lex Luthor, isn't there some point of diminishing returns with height? Is the only real reason to go 400' is to have the record? Will the ride experience be a whole lot different than a 320' model?

Think of drop towers, they get better the higher they are. IMO it's the same with Star Flyer's.

Tivoli's one scares the hell out of me, and I would love to try this one!

Looks cool but I can't help but wonder if this was supposed to be SFNEs.

This does make SFNE's proposed ride look useless now, so I wonder if they'll just put one of the smaller models in there now that this one is scheduled to claim the crown for tallest.

I look forward to getting Chris Fourmont on a 400' Star Flyer! There will be SOOOOO much weeping!!!!

Henh. The Sky Screamer at SFSL absolutely terrifies me. I'd almost wager that I'll probably top anyone's reaction. I'll ride this next year, and probably leave the park in an ambulance. Heights scare the hell out of me, but I love coasters. Ferris wheels and these seemingly "mild" rides screw with me worse than anything else. I think for me this will be more terrifying than Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom when I finally take it on. I base than on my experience of riding Drop Zone at King's Island VS. riding Sky Screamer at SFSL. Sky Screamer was a 100 times scarier for me. And I know I'm not alone. I get wobbly knee's on the Oil Derrick, which was the most terrifying thing for me at the park, until they just announced this.

The only thing that would make this better is replacing the chairs with flying scooters...and fire.

If they put flying scooters on this, I'd actually be excited.

I rode the 360ft starflyer in Vienna and thought it was nice for the view, but boring. It did kick up a bit in rotation speed when it was almost all the way back down. Is that common? Why don't they do the faster rotation up top before it gets back down low?

Yay for all you folks who are scared of these things, you've got an exciting ride. For the rest of us, though... (shrug) I'm already looking forward to the 2014 announcement.

Yay for all you folks who are scared of these things, you've got an exciting ride. For the rest of us, though... (shrug) I'm already looking forward to the 2014 announcement.

I kinda feel the same way. I mean, the Windseekers and the Star Flyers, not gonna like, I do *like* them, but sorta in the same way I like a nice observation tower. It is funny how if you sit next to someone scared of heights on a Windseeker, they will freak out... some people will even cry!

Seen it happen!

I've been on Windseeker at CP. Can't say it scared me. nor was it boring. I enjoyed the view and the exhilaration of being up so high. Texas Skyscreamer looks to be taller than Windseeker by at least 100 feet. I'm willing to bet I'll enjoy this ride just for a change of pace from coasters.

I've been on Windseeker at CP. Can't say it scared me. nor was it boring. I enjoyed the view and the exhilaration of being up so high. Texas Skyscreamer looks to be taller than Windseeker by at least 100 feet. I'm willing to bet I'll enjoy this ride just for a change of pace from coasters.

What's the capacity on these things? It must get lower as the towers get taller, because each ride cycle will take more time.

I'm thinking that when the park opens, run to NTAG and get 20-30 rides on it while everyone else is still queueing at Skyscreamer.

Better than Boomerang.

It's "Boomerbang" as we call it.

I kinda feel the same way. I mean, the Windseekers and the Star Flyers, not gonna like, I do *like* them, but sorta in the same way I like a nice observation tower. It is funny how if you sit next to someone scared of heights on a Windseeker, they will freak out... some people will even cry!

Seen it happen!

Prediction for 2014 is The Texan Full Throttle!

I don't think Iron Judge is going to happen. The coaster is too small to be turned into the sort of world-class ride that Giant became and the park will most likely want Judge to remain the "classic wood coaster experience," especially with the Bill Cobb tribute plaque at the entrance.

Besides, it's a great little training coaster for younger enthusiasts and something that most everyone in the family can enjoy.

....now if they'd just throw it a little TLC with the money they're saving on Old Giant and Flashback maintenance funds.

I don't know why people hate on Judge Roy Scream. Its a fun classic woodie. My niece who is 5 loved it. She rode it 3 times this season. As far as taking up room, they could build around it. Hershey does it, so why couldn't six flags? I'm not saying a fresh coat of paint and some tracking would not hurt the coaster but it's still a fun ride. I'm just saying its great for a family to ride together. Plus it never has a line.

As far as prediction for 2014 - I say a wing coaster

What's with your hatred of JRS? Were you not able to carve your initials or stick any gum into it? Perhaps your girlfriend was unable to stand fully erect during it, so you declared war? You seem like a real charmer, "bro".

The entrance to that part of the park is unique, and a bit odd to me. Seems like they could do something more over there...even over that pond/lake, right? It's quite a hike from, say, New Texas Giant all the way over there...sure would be nice to have something more over there.

Sad to see the Chute Out go, it'll be interesting to see the footprint of this new swing ride versus the old one.....