TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

What if SFI sent Scream from SFMM there? It's a clone of Bizarro SFGAdv, right? From what I've heard, it's also not very popular, not themed, not needed for the record, and not a featured attraction. Sure there haven't been any rumors of it moving, but if any ride is going to be rotated, it seems like the perfect candidate, since it would basically become a major attraction at a park like SFOT.

I know it probably won't happen, but it is a thought...

I know that in other parts of the country, a 3-4 hour drive might seem like a lot, but it really isn't in Texas.

Houston is so spread out that it can take over an hour to get from one side of town to the other...

Speaking of Houston, SFFT is about 3.5 hours from here (depending on which part of Houston you start out from) and SFOT is about 4 hours away. Since Houston no longer has a major park, we've gotta go to one of those two parks for our fix.

It makes sense, therefore, to keep the attractions in each park unique enough for Houston visitors to want to visit BOTH parks.

A floorless coaster would round out SFOT's collection nicely, but SFFT's SKC is well-known and loved - any floorless is likely to be seen as "inferior" to SKC from day one. When Tony Hawk opened at SFOT, I heard more than one person in the GP tell someone else in their party, "it's a long line! Let's skip it, we rode that at Fiesta last year, anyway."

With SFFT getting a Rattler 2.0 next year, SFOT needs something original (at least to Texas) to convince people around the Houston area to head north as well as west next year. A flyer or a wing coaster would do the trick, I think, or even a decent family-friendly attraction to lure in those folks who might not want to ride Rattler 2.0 in the first place.

Sadly, the "family friendly" angle probably makes the most sense... but it doesn't jive with SFOT's Facebook post about "go bigger 2013". I guess we'll all know in a few days.

Same is true for Austin: SFFT is ~ 1 1/2, and SFoT is ~3 1/2 hours

it was GREAT when Astroworld was in the mix too, as we had 3 parks to drive to

We still benefit by living in a non-Six Flags city tho (and it being a College town, closer to San Antonio than Houston is helps a TON too). . as we get really cheap offers for Season Passes.

the current ones we have, we got a 4 pack + a Parking Pass for Fiesta for ~$180 (so assume the parking pass was $20 -- which I think is actually more, but just for demonstration here). . we paid only $40 each for our Season Passes.

the only issue we even have is getting a couple of friends to buy in with us.

Does Houston offer any price specials like that? Or is that because we're Austin, so they are going after the College kids only ~ an hour 1/2 or so away? (and also competing w/ Seaworld & Schlitterbahn).

^We get deals like that, too.... but we're also a college town. Several colleges, in fact.

One year, SFOT (I think) offered season passes at a discount if your zip code showed you were outside the metroplex. That was right after SFAW closed, I don't think I've seen that since.

One year, SFOT (I think) offered season passes at a discount if your zip code showed you were outside the metroplex. That was right after SFAW closed, I don't think I've seen that since.

Yes, when I got my season pass this year for SFOT, it was cheaper then the normal price. SFFT however does not have a cheaper one, I guess Six Flags considers that one as Houston's home park.

That's generally the way it works just about every year. I lived in DFW in 2004, but still claimed my parents' address as my permanent address. Because of that I was still able to get the "non-local" discount on my passes.

I remember last year when I was planning to buy my SFOT season pass, people kept telling me to ask for an out-of-state discount. But it wasn't available on the site (which is where I bought it) and I wasn't able to find out if there was any legitimacy to the idea. I guess there's a discount if you purchase at the park, then?

I could swear I once heard you were at one time only allowed to buy a season pass if you were within 100 miles of the closest Six Flags park. But since that doesn't make any sense...I guess I'm wrong.

I remember last year when I was planning to buy my SFOT season pass, people kept telling me to ask for an out-of-state discount. But it wasn't available on the site (which is where I bought it) and I wasn't able to find out if there was any legitimacy to the idea. I guess there's a discount if you purchase at the park, then?

I've been buying my passes online for the last decade or so and have always gotten the extended market discount on the site.

^I just remembered I took advantage of another offer, so that probably took away the potential to use any out-of-state discount. Anyway, I just find it confusing since this seems to be little-publicized.

All this talk of season passes is making me want to figure out which SF park I'll be visiting next so I can buy one!

All this talk of season passes is making me want to figure out which SF park I'll be visiting next so I can buy one!

Umm, SFOT and SFFT ...because your coming to Texas.

Anyway, I can't wait for the announcement on the 30th. I would love to need another credit here, even if it's used.

^We get deals like that, too.... but we're also a college town. Several colleges, in fact.

oh, I grew up in Houston (even went to UH for a couple of years before transferring up to UT).

but Houston is a big city with some Colleges (notably University of Houston, Rice, and possibly Stanford).

Austin is really classified as a College town (that also happens to be the State Capital).

Seriously, we have four big colleges here:

University of Texas

St. Edwards

Concordia University

Huston-Tillotson

(all within City Limits, and that's not counting Austin Community College, the Texas branch of University of Phoenix, and a local branch of LeCourdon Bleu Culinary Academy).

and if you go just up I35 to San Marcos - another Biggie: Texas State University

but yeah, glad to hear others have found the discounts too!

we just wait until we see the local ad, and then go to HEB and purchase!

I was bored, so I made another one. Dare Devil Dive is in yellow, Vild-Svinet from BonBon-Land is in white, and Huracan from Belantis is in pink.

That made me think,has anyone else thought of dueling euro-fighters.I think that would be pretty cool.

After figuring out how to fit Bizarro/Scream/Medusa standard SF floorless into the SFOT space, I thought I'd see if the Ultimate Flight flyer would fit there.

It won't. No matter how I flipped, mirrored, rotated... it either goes out into the street or it runs into Batman.

If they do get a flyer, it won't be the standard clone.

Even then, Bizarro is a stretch - it would be way too close to the roadway, as well as Batman the Ride.

Darn it, I'm going to debunk this rumor if it kills me!