TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^^ They took out a few elements and added some kick ass ones, like those massive overbanks!

Ring Ring

RM: "Rocky Mountain Coaster's how may will help you?"

CF: "This is Mr. Kinzel calling, you know, from Cedar Fair? And we have a few rides for you to look at"

RM: "Sure Mr. Kinzel, we would be very happy to assist you. Can you provide me with a few details please"

CF: "Yes, we have several for you to look at, we have Grizzly at CGA which needs a re-profiling, we have Son of Beast at KI that needs a tremendous amount of assistance, Hurler at Kings Dominion could use an ASSessment, and also if you wouldn't mind looking at Mean Streak at CP, we've tried to burn it down, but it just won't go. If you could start there that would be fantastic."

RM: Yes, I understand sir, anything else?"

CF: "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot Ghostrider at Knott's Berry farm, your overlay track looked quite impressive at IAAPAAAA this year"

RM: "No problem sir, when would you like us to start ASSessing your rides?"

CF: "Last Year"

Have we seen any rumors/postings about an opening date?!!?

I also agree that it looks totally ready to go for opening day, but I also trust Six Flags to get a ride open for opening day about as much as well...yeah you get the point!

This is from Six Flags on their Facebook:

#

Six Flags Over Texas ‎@ Kristi Roske... just to give you guys a heads up.. the ride won't be open by March 5.. it will be a little bit later in the spring.

To everyone... we're glad you guys are pumped about this ride.. cause WE ARE!!

about an hour ago · LikeUnlike ·

Congratulations.

Honestly, I thought this whole project was a big fat fail. Once again, I'm wrong. What's going to happen if I start thinking new projects are awesome? Will they turn out dreadfully bad?

Hey TPR community! This is my first post and I just want to say what you guys are doing for theme park coverage is mind blowing! I have been checking this site almost every week for the past year for updates and its great to see such enthusiasm!

Anyways, the new Texas Giant is looking fierce and sexy! The elements on this ride are certainly one of a kind and some of the most extreme that I've come across! Hopefully this will turn into some sort of fad and Cedar Point can jump on the bandwagon by giving Mean Streak a much deserved re-profiling in the coming years.

^Welcome!

Before everyone thinks that every wooden coaster on the planet needs the "Rocky Mountain Treatment" we need to see how Texas Giant holds up. If it's still standing in 5 years then maybe other theme park operators should think about it.

Edited by DJeXeL

This coaster is going to be completely insane, with the speed it has there is going to be some serious ejector air on the first hill and probably on the small hill before the first turn. I wish they had shown more angles to see what the lift hill pass under is going to look like speed wise.

SFOT just posted a video on FB of The Giant making a test run, and it looks good, those bolts and gaps in the tracks in no way interfered

I guess I'll let him know.

That video was posted 3 pages and 6 hours ago. But thanks (no sarcasm intended). I do agree with you, it looks fantastic. Really looking forward to doing this (or will it be doing me?) coaster. Peace!

SFOT just posted a video on FB of The Giant making a test run, and it looks good, those bolts and gaps in the tracks in no way interfered

I guess I'll let him know.

That video was posted 3 pages and 6 hours ago. But thanks (no sarcasm intended). I do agree with you, it looks fantastic. Really looking forward to doing this (or will it be doing me?) coaster. Peace!

Stupid Facebook it had just showed up on my wall when I posted that