TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Not to stir anything up anymore, but I also didn't have to wait to enter the shops when I visited in December. They were extremely crowded and uncomfortable, however, but the only one with a line was the wand one (sorry don't remember the names). Granted it also wasn't all THAT busy when I was there. It was more crowded than I had personally ever seen it, but it still wasn't as crowded as some of the reports I've heard. I think an expansion though to help spread the crowds is a good idea. I miss the original Lost Continent but if Harry Potter is making my favorite park thrive then I will just accept the changes and support future expansions. I do like Poseidon's Fury and the 8th Voyage of Sinbad, but it didn't seem like anyone else was interested when I was there. It may have just been a case of being the closest attractions to the new and shiny Potterland, I'm not sure, but they seemed to be waning in popularity. And this is a trend I've noticed on my once annual trips to IoA over the last 6 years. I love the Lost Continent market area, but if it is transformed into Diagon Alley and there is a Gringotts indoor coaster, I will be more than happy.

Well' date=' I can only speak for myself but I have never had to wait for any shops there. [/quote']

Of course you haven't. Because your opinions and comments always falsely skew waaaaay positively for whatever it is you like. --Robb

Like all of us...yes US. I always say its my opinion I dont state anything as fact like some people...

You could have stood in a two hour line and you'd still report "I can only speak for myself but I have never had to wait for any shops there."

Why would I feel the need to lie? Thats kinda well...lame.

I should probably not get into this, but seriously Robb, i know that we need a sense of humor to view Themeparkreview.com but do we need a sense of follness to read it?

I find it pretty odd how you are making (what you call jokes) with people sometimes.

^You're 14 and don't know the history behind some of our posters. Please stay out of it.

As for the expansion, I don't think this comes as a surprise at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure this was all announced way back. They always said if it proved popular they would just takeover the rest of Lost Continent.

Doesn't really affect me at all, I'll just go take advantage of less lines at all the non unicorn/fairy harry potter crap!

Edited by SharkTums

The indoor coaster, I agree, does sound like a great idea for the park. Very good to see that they are looking at how to manage the crowds. As a non-local, even reading about standing in hour plus lines just to shop shoulder to shoulder, and seeing the pics of the huge lines just to enter the area makes me not want to book a trip to IOA until the crowds are handled better.

^^

Oh i'm sorry, but it just didn't look like "humor" to me... nevermind.

And yeah because i'm 14 i'm a person that dosen't understand anything and are probably also completely dum.

And no thanks i don't wanna be banned for this site. Because i love this site and what you guys are doing, but sometimes it just gets over the limit.

One of the reasons i love this site is because it is not as "controlled as other sites" if that make any sense?

i like how we can make jokes with each other.

Please don't get me wrong.

- Kian

As for the expansion, I don't think this comes as a surprise at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure this was all announced way back. They always said if it proved popular they would just takeover the rest of Lost Continent.

At this point, with whats left of the Lost Continent, I think it'd be better to just finish it off I think. Though, I do hope they somehow keep Mythos.

Edited by robbalvey

Losing the water vortex would be a crime.

I just hope there is a way they can just get rid of the sinbad show instead of changing the play by play of posiden. Also Im wondering what would happen to mythos? The exterior is amazing but alas it doesn't really tie into the potter world...that is anything that we have seen thus far. I wonder if J.K would come up with stories that can bring something new to the world?

Not to stir anything up anymore, but I also didn't have to wait to enter the shops when I visited in December. They were extremely crowded and uncomfortable, however, but the only one with a line was the wand one (sorry don't remember the names).

DUDE! You just contradicted yourself!!!! You just said you didn't have to wait to enter the shops, but then immediately followed that up saying there was a shop that had a line! WTF?!?!?! Do you not see how completely moronic that sounds?

My original point was this - Jarmor said he didn't have to wait to get into "any" shops, yet I don't think there has been a single report where on average at least one of the shops has a line (including the contradictory comment you just posted). To be honest, I wasn't really commenting on the actual shops, the themed area, nor do I actually care if people have to wait or not. The point I was making is that Jarmor seems to always skew his posts and opinions, and I find that in almost every case, what he says seems to contradict most other people's experiences.

Yeah, I'm saying the guy is lying...or at least exaggerating the truth. Because I flat our don't believe him and I'm sick of always seeing posts from him like this. It's not the first time I have mentioned it either. It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when someone posts a skewed version of an experience in an effort to justify their personal opinions or an attempt to convince other people that every report they've heard up until theirs is wrong.

I mean, I can't f**king stand Winnie the Pooh, but I'll fully admit that the Tokyo Disneyland ride is one of my favorites rides in the world. I don't make crap up just so it fits my own personal views.

--Robb "Technically I didn't have to wait for any shops either because I didn't go into any shops!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

My original point was this - Jarmor said he didn't have to wait to get into "any" shops, yet I don't think there has been a single report where on average at least one of the shops has a line (including the contradictory comment you just posted). To be honest, I wasn't really commenting on the actual shops, the themed area, nor do I actually care if people have to wait or not. The point I was making is that Jarmor seems to always skew his posts and opinions, and I find that in almost every case, what he says seems to contradict most other people's experiences.

Yeah, I'm saying the guy is lying...or at least exaggerating the truth. Because I flat our don't believe him and I'm sick of always seeing posts from him like this. It's not the first time I have mentioned it either.

--Robb "Technically I didn't have to wait for any shops either because I didn't go into any shops!" Alvey

**sigh** Maybe I should "dumb down" my statement. I have never waited to go into any store in WWOHP that I actually wanted to go into. The ONLY store I have seen with a wait, on my visit was for the wand experience at ollivanders, that is for the experience NOT the store itself. I have not had to physically wait in a line to enter Honey dukes, zonkos, the owls post...basically the stores I went in. Im sorry if I dont pass your truth-o-meter but I find it very lame for you to think I would lie about something as trivial as waiting in line for a store. Makes me wonder...

It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when someone posts a skewed version of an experience in an effort to justify their personal opinions.

Man...lol lol you're killing me here!

Anyway to put this back on topic and off if my "lying skills", as I have stated, im looking forward to seeing what universal has up their sleeves when it comes to this franchise!

It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when someone posts a skewed version of an experience in an effort to justify their personal opinions.

Man...lol lol you're killing me here!

Are you always this big of a dick, or do you just say things like this on purpose to see if we'll ban your ass?

--Robb

Im sure this has been posted before. the thing thing about harry potter is crazy to me. i have never in my life had to wait in a line or get a fast pass to get in to a land of a park. people were waiting about an hour and a half just to get in to harry potter land. then every thing over there was an hour wait. well all but dd. to me it was just crazy to thing that it was that busy or that big of a deal people are pay 60 some bucks to go to one land in the park Crazy!.

*OFF TOPIC*

Arguing with the site admin, not exactly the greatest idea....

*ON TOPIC*

I get Universal passes this month after a few years of not having them due to lack of funds, I used to go as a kid ALL the time with my best friend and I have so many amazing memories there, I haven't been since the Simpsons ride got put in so I have a lot to look forward to! I cannot wait to post a P:TR on here, it's going to be so much fun!

^ Enjoy your trip, I too have been passless for a while and it is killing me. I love the Potter area and definitely look forward to the coaster if they build one. That seems like the more logical idea with the existing dark rides and the success of Mummy. I haven't cared about PF since they changed it from the original show. I was in the first public group to see it and the show was nostalgic to me...and the original show was like ten times better than the current version IMO. The shops being soooo small was the only down side of the area for me, other than the one I have managed to repress. It will always be Dueling Dragons to me and I just don't look at the queue anymore.

Sad to see so much of the Lost Continent leave as it was the most unique land in the park and I loved the style and overall concept, but as others have said, it's just better to put it out of it's misery. At this point, it doesn't exactly with IOA's portrayal on more franchise literature anyways. Still, I'd love, regardless of how unrealistic this is, if Universal decided to do a whole park dedicated to Myth's and Legends called the Lost Continent with extensive lands themed to Merlwood, Greece, etc.

I've always enjoyed the Harry Potter books and loved the land especially. The lines for the shops were insane, but avoidable if you waited until after park closing and from my experience, the cast were all VERY enthusiastic--some of the best in my experience--even working after park hours. I'm excited to see what they come up with next, hopefully it will help make the land not crash as much and ruin the park's flow by just finishing the Lost Continent off.

Bye bye Mythos. You will be missed. Oh, you were not as great once they dumbed down your menu, but you were still easily the best place to eat at USF.

The other stuff I don't care as much about, but The Lost Continent was one of the coolest, original themed lands at a park.

Even if I was a fan of Potter, I have zero interest in experiencing the highly overrated ride or Land Of Shopping ever again. Sure, it looks nice, but that's about it. Waiting in a giant line to watch a guy play with his wand or whatever is not a good time. I swear the most fun we had there was bringing Diet Coke into Pottertown and seeing if we'd get shot by the orbital laser platforms for breaking the immersion...

dt