TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Wow, this is very interesting. Just got a few more rides on it over the last few weeks and boy do I love it. I love the ride in its entirety, but I do agree it has it's cons. I was really excited to finally ride an MS Xcar styled coaster, but maybe this design was just to big for those vehicles. I love the smaller, unique styles and I hope to ride one someday. This is quite an interesting move if it does happen and I look forward to the result. i do love those lap bars though. If we lose these trains, are we going to lose those awesome lights? I sure hope not...it really makes the nighttime rides awesome!

I am kind of surprised with all the hating on potter. I go to Universal for all the franchise rides. I recently just got back from a trip to universal and was very pleased with the new section. Forbidden journey was way more intense than expected. I never had much love for lost continent. I only found myself in the section to eat and ride dragons. I agree with a previous post that they could of cut a little more into jurassic park but I feel they did a great job. I just don't understand what all the love for lost continent. Poseidon and sinbad never did much for me. The theming to the area was pretty awesome but nothing that was mind blowing. The pictures of disneyseas impress me a lot more. I much rather have another franchise in there. Its what universal is all about. The islands is all franchises minus the lost continent. It always felt a bit lost(no pun intended). In my opinion (which doesn't mean much) I enjoy IOA more now than any other individual park in orlando. I would also like to state I am 28 so I defiantly prefer the thrill rides and the easy access to city walk for a beer at the end of the day. Potter makes the park that much more fun for me. The only thing that worries me is the limited ridership on dragons. I love this unique BM and would hate to see it leave the park.

I am kind of surprised with all the hating on potter. I go to Universal for all the franchise rides. I recently just got back from a trip to universal and was very pleased with the new section. Forbidden journey was way more intense than expected. I never had much love for lost continent. I only found myself in the section to eat and ride dragons. I agree with a previous post that they could of cut a little more into jurassic park but I feel they did a great job. I just don't understand what all the love for lost continent. Poseidon and sinbad never did much for me. The theming to the area was pretty awesome but nothing that was mind blowing. The pictures of disneyseas impress me a lot more. I much rather have another franchise in there. Its what universal is all about. The islands is all franchises minus the lost continent. It always felt a bit lost(no pun intended). In my opinion (which doesn't mean much) I enjoy IOA more now than any other individual park in orlando. I would also like to state I am 28 so I defiantly prefer the thrill rides and the easy access to city walk for a beer at the end of the day. Potter makes the park that much more fun for me. The only thing that worries me is the limited ridership on dragons. I love this unique BM and would hate to see it leave the park.

I doubt that Dueling Dragons is in any trouble of ever being removed.

It is unique, it is a signature attraction, and it is what really got people all gung-ho about IOA in the first place.

Of the dueling coasters I've been on it seems to be the only one that can consistently chew through its queue, as it should, considering it is basically double capacity... In the off-season it is usually < 10 minute wait (5 for the walk, 5 in queue... if you're going for the front ) which is not much different than the Hulk.

One thing I find really stupid about the Harry Potter Journey Ride is when the ride is over. The Hogwarts Students cheer and congratulate you for what?? Harry Potter saves the riders by killing the black smoke monsters. The riders don't do anything!! So why is the school congratulating you??

One thing I find really stupid about the Harry Potter Journey Ride is when the ride is over. The Hogwarts Students cheer and congratulate you for what?? Harry Potter saves the riders by killing the black smoke monsters. The riders don't do anything!! So why is the school congratulating you??

They're in awe of your sitting skills, honed by years of watching TV. Or maybe that you made it back without puking.

Press Release from The Universal Orlando Resort

Event Starts February 12 and Runs Every Saturday and Other Select Nights through April 23

WHAT: Universal Orlando Resort is kicking off Mardi Gras this Saturday – the biggest, best party in the country, brought straight from New Orleans to you. This ultimate street party runs every Saturday and select nights from February 12 through April 23.

At Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras, nationally renowned musical acts combine with an authentic Mardi Gras parade, dozens of colorfully costumed performers, authentic Cajun cooking, and hand-picked New Orleans bands to capture the look, feel and fun of New Orleans – all inside Universal Studios Florida.

The celebration begins with classic vocal group Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons performing some of their most unforgettable hits on the Music Plaza stage. With over four decades in the music industry and 100 million albums sold, the internationally-acclaimed group has had more than 150 hits on the Billboard Charts including, “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Oh, What a Night,” “Walk Like a Man” and “Sherry.”

This year’s concert line-up features some of the biggest names in Rock, Country, Pop and R&B. Together, the headliners have had more than 100 songs on Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart and more than 20 Grammy nominations.

2011 MARDI GRAS TALENT LINE-UP

Mardi Gras Event Dates

Headliners (performing in the Music Plaza)

Saturday, February 12

Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

Saturday, February 19

The B-52s

Sunday, February 20

KC & The Sunshine Band

Saturday, February 26

Pitbull

Saturday, March 5

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Saturday, March 12

Foreigner

Friday, March 18

Neon Trees

Saturday, March 19

The Roots

Friday, March 25

OneRepublic

Saturday, March 26

Blake Shelton

Friday, April 1

Sean Kingston

Saturday, April 2

Ne-Yo

Saturday, April 9

Lifehouse

Saturday, April 16

The Beach Boys

Saturday, April 23

Thirty Seconds To Mars

Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebration is included in regular admission to Universal Studios Florida. For more information, visit www.universalorlando.com/mardigras.

WHEN: Saturday, February 12, 2011

WHERE: Universal Studios Florida

MARDI GRAS Saturday, February 12, 2011

SCHEDULE: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Big Al & The Heavyweights (New Orleans Band)

8:00 p.m.: Mardi Gras Parade Starts

8:30 p.m.: Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

MORE Media Site: http://media.universalorlando.com

INFORMATION: Mardi Gras Site: http://www.universalorlando.com/mardigras/

That sums my thoughts up perfectly. HP is great section, and FJ is one of my favorite dark rides. And as of my last trip, unfortunately the Lost Continent felt very degraded to me.

As for Dueling Dragons, I don't see it going anywhere. It's one of the signature rides of IOA.

• 2 weeks later...
My friend's friend who works at Universal said it was scheduled to reopen March 4th, but double check on that anyway because they may have changed it, my friend told me this this past friday.

But when did your friend's friend give your friend this information.

My friend's friend who works at Universal said it was scheduled to reopen March 4th, but double check on that anyway because they may have changed it, my friend told me this this past friday.

But when did your friend's friend give your friend this information.

Pretty recently since they have started cycling boats and running the water on it

UR ARGUMENTZ R INVALID UNLESS U HAV PROF.

Do you have a season pass to IOA? If you don't, I won't make you go back into the park just to do this, but...

...photos will make your argument a lot more believable. Just saying.