TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USF, IOA, Epic) Discussion Thread

P. 625: Harry Potter Ministry of Magic revealed!

Is Butterbeer alcoholic?

editz: Nope

Though J.K. Rowling made up the wizard beverage, she once told Bon Appetit magazine it tasted like a "less-sickly butterscotch." In the books, it is served both hot and cold, and contains enough alcohol content to give Harry and his friends a bit of a buzz when they drink it. Universal's VP of creative development, Thierry Coup, shared with us that the Wizarding World's version of butterbeer would not be alcoholic, but was still done right.

"It was really fun to be a part of the whole tasting different [attempts at butterbeer] to try until J.K. Rowling really felt, okay, this is it, this is what I always thought butterbeer should taste like," Coup shared with us in a phone interview. "It was a very exciting moment to see her smile and actually taste it. It's a delicious thing, first of all. It's everything you expected it to be."

Splash in a shot of butterscotch shnapps and it may end up being more along the lines of what Rowling originally intended.

Disclaimer: I am in no way suggesting anyone should do this in the park.

Is Butterbeer alcoholic?

editz: Nope

Though J.K. Rowling made up the wizard beverage, she once told Bon Appetit magazine it tasted like a "less-sickly butterscotch." In the books, it is served both hot and cold, and contains enough alcohol content to give Harry and his friends a bit of a buzz when they drink it. Universal's VP of creative development, Thierry Coup, shared with us that the Wizarding World's version of butterbeer would not be alcoholic, but was still done right.

"It was really fun to be a part of the whole tasting different [attempts at butterbeer] to try until J.K. Rowling really felt, okay, this is it, this is what I always thought butterbeer should taste like," Coup shared with us in a phone interview. "It was a very exciting moment to see her smile and actually taste it. It's a delicious thing, first of all. It's everything you expected it to be."

Splash in a shot of butterscotch shnapps and it may end up being more along the lines of what Rowling originally intended.

Disclaimer: I am in no way suggesting anyone should do this in the park.

I REALLY want Universal to offer an alcoholic version in the sit down restaurant. REALLY BADLY.

Also, LET THE BATTLE OF THE FISH AND CHIPS STANDS COMMENCE! EPCOT VS HARRY POTTER!

Bringing out a new type of drink is very risky. If loads of people don't like it it it would bring part of the 'MAGIC' down!!!!

I'm not so sure about that. Disneyland has had that horrible mint julep forever and somehow its disgusting taste is part of the magic, rather than something that detracts from it.

I will be attending universal's gradbash on April 23rd and they said that the graduating seniors will be be the first to experience the wizarding world of harry potter. If you dont believe me here is the link.

http://www.universalorlando.com/Events/GradBash/overview.aspx?__source=mail.gradbash.gradbash#page=Events_GradBash_attractions.html&expID=13-11203&contentID=13-11258&seq=2

I just can't wait til this thing opens!

Bringing out a new type of drink is very risky. If loads of people don't like it it it would bring part of the 'MAGIC' down!!!!

Uh...Beverly!

The fact that its nasty is the fun part of it!

Harry Potter also Worm, Dirt, & Vomit flavored Jelly Beans, themed after them don't forget.

I'm kinda reluctant about posting this, since its April Fools and all, but here is a shot of the ride vehicles thanks to wdwinfo.com

You missed the most important news on wdwinfo.com, "Stamos to perform with Beach Boys at Universal"

^As sophisticated as it is, it's bound to have a bit of downtime. Remember, they are combining the most state of the art technologies into one experience. Spider-man used to go down all the time the first few years. I'd say give them a year or two to work everything out.

Hey, I am still very new, and don't post much, but I visit constantly. I love visiting universal, I've been in florida for about a year, and I grabbed some photos last night, I thought I might share if thats ok. HRRR at night.

167657774_Fulllight.jpg.91eaec0b2e9c6cb516d93f9bdf1cb7ad.jpg

Overall shot,

LIGHT.jpg.b4e3d451845c18ff05882965ebefc518.jpg

1943228240_LIGHTSLIGHTS.jpg.36508d71fb3581893ef2956970355cdf.jpg

looops.jpg.134ba58a6bb1960b57e3e6dc3e47eb11.jpg

TURN.jpg.cf3e4c6129eca3b096574efbd8cc90e6.jpg

1934315150_Smallone.jpg.cf49b230700319b0c98f86eba7f11570.jpg

Ya, I know it's not HRRR, sorry. Windstorm at Old town.

^As sophisticated as it is, it's bound to have a bit of downtime. Remember, they are combining the most state of the art technologies into one experience. Spider-man used to go down all the time the first few years. I'd say give them a year or two to work everything out.

Don't forget Test Track's 2 year delayed opening and Indiana Jones used to go down for HOURS at a time back in the day...

Hey, thanks, I appreciate the comments! Ya I was thinking about that, just because I thought universal might like them. As soon as I saw this ride last year, I wanted these pictures. I have not had the appropriate camera till this month, thanks to school. Thanks again for checking them out! I look forward to being a little more active on the site than I was last year!

Btw it was finally nice to see the moving walkway implemented, it really helps out on the wait time. Aside from 2 nights ago, spring break creates those 2 hour long lines. Still one of my favorite roller coasters, mainly for the double take and music feature.

When I first saw the ride vehicle, the first thing that came to my mind was wow.. Hopefully these vehicles are not a maintenance nightmare!!

I think the ride vehicles look great, and the bench is about what I expected it to look like. Not really sure what else they could have done with the seating.