TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Loool I was thinking the same thing. Montu and Kumba had a baby?

Here in Australia at Movieworld we have an SLC that has been closed to be "worked on". We know that new trains from KumbaK are arriving and theres a possiblilty for a retheme, but many so called "enthusiasts" are convinced that the layout's being changed.

Really? I mean, really?

Kumba was down for about 10 minutes Sunday towards the end of the day. A guy walks into the queue and stands on the rails and starts yelling at his friends/family/whoever saying "Mom doesn't want you to ride. Come on. Let's leave. Besides, you don't want to be the first one to go on after they fix it!"

On Movieworld's facebook page:

y cant use build roller coasters like 6 flags in America. there shortest rolla coaster goes for 1:25min our longest one is 36sec.........wats the go with Australia we scared to have a real thrill ride

And after I told him that their budget as well as space restrictions would mean it would be difficult to make a huge ride (as well as point out that Six Flags parks aren't all that incredible) he replied with this illiterate gem.

Not enuff room??? Build it over the whole park. And not enuff money that's crap people pay 80$ each for entry that like $6000 a day just on entry and the rest $15 each or a meal min. Come on movie world build us a real thrill ride like 6 flags

y cant use build roller coasters like 6 flags in America. there shortest rolla coaster goes for 1:25min our longest one is 36sec.........wats the go with Australia we scared to have a real thrill ride

And after I told him that their budget as well as space restrictions would mean it would be difficult to make a huge ride (as well as point out that Six Flags parks aren't all that incredible) he replied with this illiterate gem.

Not enuff room??? Build it over the whole park. And not enuff money that's crap people pay 80$ each for entry that like $6000 a day just on entry and the rest $15 each or a meal min. Come on movie world build us a real thrill ride like 6 flags

I absolutely hate it when people ask questions like that, get the facts about why so and so can't happen, and still repost with some nonsense... I used to be like that but then I changed after getting to know more about theme park industry

I absolutely hate it when people ask questions like that, get the facts about why so and so can't happen, and still repost with some nonsense... I used to be like that but then I changed after getting to know more about theme park industry

Its so easy to tell if someone is full of it: Bad spelling & grammar. Seriously, why can't they type English the same way they write English?

I just remembered one from my 2009 trip to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It wasn't really a GP comment, it was more like a "dude, you really need to get out more" comment.

I was in line for one of the rides (I honestly cannot remember which one) when I found myself having a conversation with the person in front of me, who was about two years younger than me. We were just talking about where we were from. Apparently he was a local, and I responded,

"Awesome. I'm actually from Connecticut."

"Connecticut?"

"Yeah, it was a pretty long drive."

"How is it up there?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, is it snowing...?"

It was 94 degrees in the middle of summer. Connecticut would have probably been a little cooler, but...no, no snow.

And not enuff money that's crap people pay 80$ each for entry that like $6000 a day just on entry and the rest $15 each or a meal min. Come on movie world build us a real thrill ride like 6 flags

Because a few thousand dollars a day EASILY buys a $5 million+ ride.

I recently found out that one of my friends has to write a paper about how kids ages 8 to 16 should not be allowed to ride coasters. I'm kinda worried for the department of education now...

That's where I would turn it around or write it up sarcastically..."Roller coasters should not be ridden by young kids between the ages of 8 and 16. Instead, they should ride things that they are more likely to have an accident with..."

Or, "Kids between the ages of 8 and 16 should not ride roller coasters. Rather, kids 7 and under should..."

Actually, this post has THREE elements of stupidity (well, four, if you count grammar mistakes)

1. To make $6,000 on an $80 admission requires only 75 visitors a day. That is literally less than three trainloads on most rides. I doubt if large parks ever have attendance that low.

2. A park cannot survive on $6,000 a day. With maintainance and staff wages, this is impossible for a large park.

3. (Obviously) a cheap coaster costs $6,000,000. To build a ride over everything is talking upwards of $30,000,000. How can $6,000 pay for that? Heck, building a good coaster in RECT is difficult to do with less than $6,000.

Somebody has been relating RECT to real life a bit too much. Actually, RECT might be a bit of an overstatement. Maybe he was just playing Thrillville.

Actually, this post has THREE elements of stupidity (well, four, if you count grammar mistakes)

1. To make $6,000 on an $80 admission requires only 75 visitors a day. That is literally less than three trainloads on most rides. I doubt if large parks ever have attendance that low.

2. A park cannot survive on $6,000 a day. With maintainance and staff wages, this is impossible for a large park.

3. (Obviously) a cheap coaster costs $6,000,000. To build a ride over everything is talking upwards of $30,000,000. How can $6,000 pay for that? Heck, building a good coaster in RECT is difficult to do with less than $6,000.

Somebody has been relating RECT to real life a bit too much. Actually, RECT might be a bit of an overstatement. Maybe he was just playing Thrillville.

Also, he doesnt get that a ride all over the park would ruin the aesthetic views of the different themed areas Movieworld has.

And saying they're scared to build a "scary rid". Oh lolz.

Btw what do you mean by RECT? Do you mean RCT or some other game I'm unaware of?

I didn't hear much of the conversation, but I did hear this:

"I will ride Intimidator(305) as much as I can but I will never ever ever ever ride a wood roller coaster."

"I know, the Rebel Yell will fall down any day now."

"That's why I never ride them, because they might fall down when I'm riding."