TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

a few days ago in science class we were talking about roller coasters. we're going on a field trip to kennywood in june, so the teacher had a picture which she said was was the newest coaster at kennywood. yesterday i searched "roller coaster" on google images because i was bored, and i found what i think is the exact same picture so i thought i could share it with you all. this was the picture:

so of course being the hero i am, i raised my hand and politely informed her that it was demon. i forget exactly what we were saying in the argument, but at one point she pointed to demon's lift hill in the background and said "see here's the sooperdooperlooper" or something like that

I finally have something that shocked me to no end. While I was in line for Banshee on media day, there were two young girls who stated to her friend that they opened up Bat and Delirium because they wanted to make sure nothing would be "in the way" of Banshee for opening day.

I am still shocked that they believe this or even said it. Lol

^Well, if they had a double sliding station (like Mr. freeze) that would be possible although probably the people who said it have no idea of what that is.
i used to have that idea and thought it was fantastic. When I said that idea at Magic Springs during last summer's TPR tour, a few members pointed out that the connecting part would get bumpy after years.

Maybe something like this could help? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398099747.583156.jpg.53b33122af9b12bb6a22d6188eadb7d6.jpgNot sure how it would work under the pressure of 6.5G's and 130mph though.

^I have actually also thought of that. I'm no engineer, obviously, but as those sections of track would be flat they would never have to withstand more tan 1 G (the actual weight of the train) so maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

Then I thought of something like this: the track would slide normally but as the ends of the rails would have this shape it would then lower just a bit so that there was a minimal gap. Not sure if it would work, though.

364675151_SemTtulo.thumb.png.880cb60c351c304539d3b2ad1502b22f.png

(obviously the gap would be smaller)

^ Forgot to say, I was talking about a Maurer SkyLoop when I said this idea. The transfer track would locate at the spot with the highest G force.

Your idea is very great, but still could be very easy to get rough IMO. I'm thinking about putting the transfer track at the vertical section, which means three tracks parallel to each other.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/features/2014/04/17/banshee-brings-haunting-screams-to-kings-island/7815377/

Somewhat GP, but I cringe on this story of Banshee opening from a local Cleveland news station. The number of mistakes in this report are laughable, especially since they are supposedly coming from the stations local roller coaster "expert"

First he claims that Gatekeeper set the world (he does say world) record for inversions at 7 last yr and that Banshee has again tied that. Umm Smiler anyone?

Also one anchor claims he likes a classic old wooden roller coaster and I quote "like the Gemini"

^Not to mention that GK doesn't even have 7 inversions. I mean, there is nothing wrong with not knowing these things but what is annoying is when people talk as if they did and then say nothing but nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

The photo caption annoyed me the most

A roller coaster in Lancashire, England, UK. A woman recently died after falling off a roller coaster at a Six Flags in Texas

They compare two completely unrelated coasters just to try to prove their point that all coasters are dangerous. There is no reason to include a sentence about the SFOT incident.

Edit- Nope. This sentence annoyed me the most:

Witnesses who were on the ride with Esparza said she alerted the attendant after the others' safety restraints clicked three times when locked in, but Esparza's clicked only once.

How many times do enthusiasts have to point out that NTAG's restraints don't click

I heard a great one today while in the queue for American Eagle at SFGAm today. The girl behind me asked her friend how old Eahle was. Without hesitating- "Well it's the oldest in the park- no wait. Whizzer is older than Eagle. American Eagle is the oldest standing wooden coaster in the Northern Hemisphere though!"

One day, I was talking to my friends about roller coasters and how I work at El Toro. So one of my friends tried telling me that El Toro was built taller after it opened so it could go faster. She claimed the new top speed was over 90 mph. I tried telling her no such thing ever happened and that I'm a good source because I'm a coaster nerd and I work at the ride but she still didn't believe me. haha Silly GP.

When I went to Disneyland Paris with my friends one of them said that space mountain ran at something like 300 km/h. But he was quite convinced when I insisted it was nowhere near that.

So today at school one of my friends said "I rode Goliath on Saturday." So I pulled out my iPad and showed him the Goliath webcam with the ride under construction.

I was at Knott's the other day and some kid was talking about how Ghostrider flew off the tracks and then came back on.

Also, while in line for Xcellerator, I overheard some girls who looked like they were freshmen in high school. The three of them were really trying hard to get one of them to flash for the camera. There goes my hope for that generation.