TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

This list from Mensa (a high-IQ society) of the top 10 amusement parks in America is an absolute joke. How on Earth is Adventureland better than Cedar Point? I had never heard of Carousel Gardens before until I saw this, and does not look at all better than those other parks. This is about as "GP" as it gets...

Umm.... WTF? I love Carowinds, it is my home park, but how is Universal Orlando / Islands of Adventure not on here? WDW is a fun place, but is not the country's best park.

At the top of the image it's written "as chosen by our members", so yeah this list is basically a GP favourites'.

EDIT : just found out something else, at the bottom its written "we chose the 30 most visited parks of the country and asked our members to rank them". This means a park with lower attendance but much better than a park with higher attendance may not have been in that list. Also, in the voter's stats, it says that 2% of the voters had coasters & parks in their main interests. That means that 98% of the peoples who voted were GP.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list from Mensa (a high-IQ society) of the top 10 amusement parks in America is an absolute joke. How on Earth is Adventureland better than Cedar Point? I had never heard of Carousel Gardens before until I saw this, and does not look at all better than those other parks. This is about as "GP" as it gets...

I love how it's source is Mensa, which is spanish for stupid.

A comment on the KD facebook page about the singing mushrooms:

What song will they sing? I think you guys should go completely retro and only have the rides you had when you first opened operational and then every 2 weeks open a ride that would be next in succession.

Do they not realize how terrible of an idea this is?

What song will they sing? I think you guys should go completely retro and only have the rides you had when you first opened operational and then every 2 weeks open a ride that would be next in succession.

What are you smoking? This idea is GENIUS! In fact, this idea is so awesome, Disneyland should follow suit. What better way to celebrate the 60th than to get rid of Pirates, Indy, Space Mountain, and even DCA, and have only the rides that were open when Disneyland opened up to really keep up with the nostalgia. After it's over, they could build everything all over again!

What are you smoking? This idea is GENIUS! In fact, this idea is so awesome, Disneyland should follow suit. What better way to celebrate the 60th than to get rid of Pirates, Indy, Space Mountain, and even DCA, and have only the rides that were open when Disneyland opened up to really keep up with the nostalgia. After it's over, they could build everything all over again!

Yeah! I agree! KD should tear down all of its rides that weren't open when the park originally opened, and then rebuild them all from the ground up in succession to when they opened! Yeah! This is genius! And it will only cost 4.6 billion dollars!!!

Yeah! I agree! KD should tear down all of its rides that weren't open when the park originally opened, and then rebuild them all from the ground up in succession to when they opened! Yeah! This is genius! And it will only cost 4.6 billion dollars!!!

Re-building KD would cost more than Tokyo DisneySea?

Well, according to the GP, that would include destroying almost everything currently in the park, rebuilding all the classic rides, taking away the ones that left, then rebuild all of the ones that would currently be there in present day. I dunno about cost, but it sure would be a lot!!

I was in line for Millennium Force, and the guy in front of me said to his friend, "this ride goes 94 miles per hour".

I couldn't have been more incensed. And being the snotty eavesdropping a-hole that I am, I interjected, "it actually only goes 93 miles per hour, IDIOTS".

Man, those guys were the WORST...

Well, according to the GP, that would include destroying almost everything currently in the park, rebuilding all the classic rides, taking away the ones that left, then rebuild all of the ones that would currently be there in present day. I dunno about cost, but it sure would be a lot!!

What I am seeing from this is that the GP wants KD to only open the rides that were there in 1974 and then reopen the rides after 1974 in chronological order. do you see what I mean? (Not that its a good idea)

Full Throttle is the most dangerous coaster ever, because...

full throught that coaSTER RIGHT THERE THE LOOP IS 316 feet tall and if the passengers get stuck upside down they are stuck and can die cause theres not a 316 feet tall ladder

.. what? Because there's no 316 feet tall ladder obviously!

YOLOcoaster is the most dangerous coaster ever, because...

full throught that coaSTER RIGHT THERE THE LOOP IS 316 feet tall and if the passengers get stuck upside down they are stuck and can die cause theres not a 316 feet tall ladder

.. what? Because there's no 316 feet tall ladder obviously!

Major facepalm. Because YOLOcoaster is obviously 316 feet tall.

Last year my friend Izzak said " I was at Kings Island on Diamondback, and at the bottom of the drop our restraints came undone."

Me and my stepmom were watching Final Destination 3 and she said " That's why I'm so afraid every time we go up a hill on a ride." I told her it wasn't even possible. And she looked at me like an idiot and said "Oh, it's possible. They don't even check to see if they are safe or not."

And one time we were in the KI parking lot getting ready or head in and she said. " SOB is the smoothest roller coaster I've ever been on!"

And around June at school everyone is saying "Have you seen how unsafe the roller coasters at Kings Island are? They don't have any seat belts."

Last year my friend Izzak said " I was at Kings Island on Diamondback, and at the bottom of the drop our restraints came undone."

Interesting. Because if they actually ever were to come undone it wouldn't be at the bottom of a drop for sure.