TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

At the park. Warning there is a TON of school trips here. Flash pass may be in order.

Edit: yes flash pass wait time is 0-3 min. For gold. Medusa already has a 1-2 hr wait already. 90% of the crowd is school age. Good so far tho!

^Good God. It's only 11:00 too. One to two hours on Medusa? No thanks.

Can someone please tell me where I can get the best discount ticket for SFDK? I am located in the Burlingame area.

Honestly, your best bet is buying them online on the park's website. You save a good $20.00 or so. All the other offers are pretty much the same.

OMG I am most likely going Sunday & I have a huge feeling the waits will be HOORIBLE! All the coasters had bad waits today-Friday? I will have to get a Gold qbot. It would be so worth it. Do they charge tax on the qbots? & Do they give you a waterproof bag for the water rides? & How do you check in for priority seating? & Can you show up just before a show starts or do you have to get there early? & How long does it take to get a qbot if I get there right at opening? & How many reservations can you schedule at a time?

Hey guys, just got back from Coasters in the dark, and I took some photos as well! Sky Screamer is a lot of fun, but I was a little disappointed because it wasn't as thrilling as I thought, but you still be one heck of a view thought, its a great addition to the park! The band that they had there was pretty good, no vocals though. So, on the a photos:

SS3.png.8dfb6dc668e6aaa7cb2db9134e1461cd.png

Hello Six Flags Discovery Kingdom!

SS4.png.1746bcb60ed940a6c757873296ff2d77.png

SS6.png.673d2024cfbdd45aa82b5da4d5b4321c.png

And this is why im here today

SS7.png.c55470591465443aa02d9da6cdc88629.png

No Roar today :(

SS9.png.7445c89ad54e9339f505bc1f0aecd3aa.png

After what seemed like months of watching this ride being built, I finally get to ride!

SS10.png.cb37deb34d0956b4e05d64f55e54e922.png

If you don't know what a star flyer is its simple, first you go up really high(Well, only 150ft on this one)

SS11.png.f0b278cbe943a831a15b763ade0485ac.png

And then you spin, fast

SS17.png.e3fafc55a6617ec1f3bd04545dec041d.png

Sky Screamers Que also has some great photo ops of medusa

SS14.png.f329f85437e765476e4b936579087c47.png

As well as some of the other rides

SS16.png.9c63d039cc938e4e6ba9e7e14105d8c9.png

Time for some Medusa, will THREE train operation!

SS18.png.8b1ade9029270d442933e6e617931d5a.png

Well, it was actually 2 train operation since one of the trains was usually dispatched with no rides on it.

But this is were the third train stops so you get a nice, hard slam into the brakes( They were stacking really bad)

SS24.png.660fed6ffa388c9f7a85cedd2c26fc60.png

And of course Sky Screamer broke down. ( Did I mention that there were TPR members on it when it broke?)

SS21.png.73652448b2705cfd20bce1cb3886e2e8.png

Ewww.. are you sure this is the que for Sky Screamer, there's

trash every where! (There really was!)

SS26.png.337c11bcf27780308000fa48dd2626c2.png

"Hey guys?! Where here too you know!"

SS27.png.9705d8fea4d222595b7a4f12f887db81.png

To sum things up Medusa was running well, cobra got some updates, and Sky Screamer gets 2 thumbs up from me! Thanks Discovery Kingdom for an awesome time!

OMG I am most likely going Sunday & I have a huge feeling the waits will be HOORIBLE! All the coasters had bad waits today-Friday? I will have to get a Gold qbot. It would be so worth it. Do they charge tax on the qbots? & Do they give you a waterproof bag for the water rides? & How do you check in for priority seating? & Can you show up just before a show starts or do you have to get there early? & How long does it take to get a qbot if I get there right at opening? & How many reservations can you schedule at a time?

Remind me to take an aspirin before I read one of your posts next time. Oh, and the answer to all your questions is NO! Even if it wasn't a yes or no question, the answer is still NO!

Well I got up there a little before 2pm. headed straight back to see the Tigers in the odin temple. Started at 2. wandered around a little went to the butterfly house, shark encounter, and sea lions and manatees. I don't think I've ever seen V2's line that long. We decided to go check out some more animals and find out about the swimming with dolphins (friend was interested) then made it down to Medusa 40 min wait not to bad. Up to see the Shouka show, grabbed a Boomerang ride Last one of the night then off for ERT. only had Sky screamer, Medusa, Cobra, and Kong open. Well we decided to do the Sky Screamer an hour plus a couple later we were off. over to Cobra then Medusa for a quick couple rides, then Kong for the last one. All and all a pretty good day even with the crowds Sky Screamer will definitely be a hit. (in my opinion) Also the Deadlies were there, same band from media day. Had fun pretty good day didn't see any one wore a TPR shirt just in case. A pretty fun day even though pretty crowded for both the regular day and the event. (even though it's not dark at 8pm)

thanks SFDK for the fun go BIG

Dws

Got to six flags just around 6, headed into the park and got our little "blue star wristband" which Six Flags Employee's kept demanding to see everytime you wanted to get on a ride in the Oasis Plaza. Headed for Medusa since a majority of people were getting in line for Sky Screamer, waited about ten minutes to get on Medusa (would have been quicker, but of the three trains, only two were being loaded with passengers), got off and hopped right back on just as they opened up the third train, so the line went much faster.

Headed over to Sky Screamer at 7:30, and stood in line until about 8:15 or so when we finally got on. Overall it's a good ride, fairly short though, I remember the one in Holiday Park back in Germany lasting a good five minutes or so. You get a great view of the park and the surrounding area, just wish they would've turned the ride's lights on. It was great timing too, because the group riding after us were stuck on it when it broke down for a good ten minutes or so. Now I just gotta go ride it nine more times to get my silver wings!

Does anyone know if the SkyScreamer has a weight limit? My brother is over 300lbs and about 6'2''. They went to SFDK recently (but before SkyScreamer opened) and he wasn't allowed to ride on V2 or Roar and had to sit in special seats in Medusa.

Also, do the restraints on SkyScreamer lock in place? It looks like someone could easily get out of them. Just what SFDK doesn't need: a lawsuit because someone climbed out and fell 150 ft. *knocks on wood*

Does anyone know if the SkyScreamer has a weight limit? My brother is over 300lbs and about 6'2''. They went to SFDK recently (but before SkyScreamer opened) and he wasn't allowed to ride on V2 or Roar and had to sit in special seats in Medusa.

Also, do the restraints on SkyScreamer lock in place? It looks like someone could easily get out of them. Just what SFDK doesn't need: a lawsuit because someone climbed out and fell 150 ft. *knocks on wood*

The restraints on Sky Screamer do locking place, it wouldn't make sense if they didn't.

The restraints on Sky Screamer do locking place, it wouldn't make sense if they didn't.

That's what I thought. It just looked like they didn't.

Even though it sucks that Sky Screamer can't be as tall as the others, I think it was an overall good decision. SFDK is one of the few parks that didn't have some sort of tower ride at the park. And they don't take as much space as a different ride would. I always worry about SFDK running out of space to add new things to the park.

Any guess about what they're going to do with the space that the 3D theater used to be at? It seems too small of an area to put a coaster, but one can still hope. Green Lantern is pretty small....

^ I think a Zac Spin would fit nicely into that area, and I would love to see one at the park, although, I do miss the old Iwerks theater and it would be cool for it to come back. But I would rather have a Zac Spin than a refurbished theater ride.

• 2 weeks later...

So me, my girl friend, and my brother went to the park on Tuesday. While in line for Monsoon Falls I noticed something that kind of made me chuckle a bit but was also a safety issue in my opinion. The ride operator couldn't speak very good english and was mumbling the whole time. On top of that she seemed to be on auto pilot. On a few occasions one boat hadn't left the station and the other one was coming in. She started saying thank you for riding monsoon falls please exit to the left before the current boat had even departed!!

I realize she might have been new and all but for crying out loud don't hire someone to speak over the loud speakers if they can't speak english. I think it's a possible safety hazard as well because if you can't understand what she's saying how are you suppose to follow the warnings posted on the rides?? Many people that's how they can understand what to do is by listening instead of reading the warning signs.

Now I don't know if Six Flags as a whole is hiring more people of different ethnicities to operate the rides or if it could just be coincidence that quite a few rides at SFDK had this issue but I see it as a potential problem if an emergency arrises. Now I'm not racist in any way but if they stumble through the easiest words to say than they should be picking up trash or in a costume instead of making announcements to the park guests.

• 3 weeks later...
Doesn't Six Flags do some sort of "Exchange" program that gets people from other countries to work at there parks? That might be what the problem is.

Yes they do, if they are still doing it. I remember seeing workers with name-tags with the countries they are from around the park. That was about two years ago though I believe. Maybe last.

^ I think a Zac Spin would fit nicely into that area, and I would love to see one at the park, although, I do miss the old Iwerks theater and it would be cool for it to come back. But I would rather have a Zac Spin than a refurbished theater ride.

The stargate ride (not in 3D) was just boring, and I'm a stargate fan. Dinosphere on the other hand was pretty cool especially back when it opened.

Doesn't Six Flags do some sort of "Exchange" program that gets people from other countries to work at there parks? That might be what the problem is.

Yes they do, if they are still doing it. I remember seeing workers with name-tags with the countries they are from around the park. That was about two years ago though I believe. Maybe last.

I think they still do it, and I know they did last year.

Anyone know a good day to go to SFDK during July. I'm going for my 3rd time and I have no idea what lines are like at this time all the other times I went ROAR had a 1h line both times I went was just wondering whens not a "busy' day