TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park hauntings and ghosts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colossus - there's supposedly a child in a striped shirt who occasionally can be seen at night running through the supports underneath Colossus. That, and sometimes at night the lift chain can be heard running and the clanking of the anti-rollbacks, despite the ride being shut down for the night

Dude!!! I could swear Ive seen that kid! I went to one of those christian music nights and we were on the ride at two in the morning and we saw something out in the open area by the first turnaround and then all of a sudden, we saw it dash away when we went down the drop!

At SFGAv, Iv'e had a lot of things happen to me, and I don't believe in ghosts, but here it goes:

Iv'e heard that when you are on Batman: The Ride you cans ee the ghost. This is what some kid was saying to his friend while we were in line for Chiller , which is very creepy if you are by yourself. They said, at the toop of the lift, if you look to the right you will see a white light/figure. Later when i rode Batman I tried this, and it was true, but it was probably just the time iof day. it could of been a reflection of the sun coming off a rail or support.

Iv'e heard a lot of ghost stories. iv'e been stuck in the break run on Batman twice, my first time when I was 10. It was at night and it scared me to death. And I thought I heard the train come into the break run, so i yelled up to the front row, and they said the train was still infront of them. That was scary!

An other story Iv'e heard was the night of the Lightnin' Loops accident, some staff memebrs were working under the two loops, and they heard a scream of a girl, but when this happened, the park was closed and empty.

This happened on June 26th 2004. We were stopped in the break run (normally) and we were joking about the ghost. I lifted mey legs and crossed them, and put muy fingers together (looking like I was medatating) and stated saying: "The ghost of Karen Brown come out were ever you are!" But it was as a joke. The next thinI knew, my brother looked next to him and went: Holy $#!T!. My friend (fjetsr)said: Woow look at that. it was a white figure/light (simular to what I saw on the lift) floating above our row. Only ours! If youv'e ever been on SFGAv Batman the Ride, you will know that the different lights in the break run play tricks on our eyes! There are always explanations for what happens.

Story 1

This is one that I can confirm that this is definately true!! Ok, so we all know the story about the whole Lightening Loops disaster. Well they put Batman TR right on the spot where LL once stood. Now when your alone in the station you can hear all kinds of creepy stuff. I've been in there by myself and have heard a girl moaning and then I heard footsteps...mind you I was the only one there. Also, some of the mechanics were taking the trains off for the night, and when they had one of the trains pulling into the station, they saw a girl sitting in the front row. Whats even creepier is that the sensors on the ride have picked up "ghost trains" running on the track when the ride was shutdown.

Story 2

This one started way back when they were building chiller. There was a worker who was doing some work on the spike of Robin and ended up falling to his death. I'm guessing something went wrong with the safety harnass. Well to this day if you are in chiller by yourself you hear all kinds of things, moaning, and one occasion it called out the name of one of my sups. Things also tend to move on their own in there like trash cans. Whats even creepier is that one night after the park closed one of the female sups was inside the station and went into one of the closets to get cleaning supplies and well she was locked inside (she was inside alone) so finally the ghost let her out and to this day she refuses to go in there alone.

Also about chiller, the ops booth tends to be home to a few raccoons every now and then...just a little fun fact for ya.

Story 3

Here is another story it comes from the "Fun Factory" this is the legend there used to be a water slide there called the "Asian Towers" and a little girl she was nine and getting ready to go down the slide and right before she did an asthma attack came so they called the paramedics and by the time they got their she was dead.

A couple years later you have the Fun Factory though here is the scary part of this myth/legend my sup was in the Fun Factory with another sup and they said they were cleaning up one night after the park closed, they knew about the myth though they didn’t believe in it. Man were they wrong so they were cleaning like usual and then my sup went to go clean the upstairs and he stepped a foot on the first step going up and every single light in the house went out except for a little light from a game in the back on the second floor... He said when that happened him and the other sup dropped their vacuums and ran.

Now for another sighting from one of my fellow employee friends the person was working the Fun Factory that night and when the park closed she had to go around and clean everything so she started to clean and all of a sudden (keep in mind no one is in here with her and no one is in the area since the park is closed) she walks up to the second floor and those swingy things were moving not just a little like from a soft wind but violently and she said she saw a little girl in the distance behind one of the pillars so like my other two sups she dropped her stuff and ran and she said that she will never go back in there at night even with people.

Story 4

This is about car 13. Legend has it that the spirits of those who were burned alive in the fire posessed car number 13. One night when the power was off, Car number 13 started driving around by itself. So the car ended up being chained under Batman the ride, well until this past summer when they cleaned out all the junk. I don't know where the junk is now or car 13 for that matter.

Story 5

This is about Skull. I will admit that Skull did really freak me out one night it was after closing and the park was almost empty, there was like no lights on in the station I was just about to shut it off and a suddenly a voice came to my ear it was a faint little girl and it freaked me out really bad so I turned the key and flipped the switch and high tailed it out of there. Since that day I will not go in skull at night by myself anymore

Well that is all for me for know with the stories these are the ones the employees always talk about^_^ I hope they give you a scare

-Dainan " " Rafferty

I read somewhere about 2 years ago about a figure appearing around Drop Zone/Games area.

Edit: Heres a few from just Great America

Santa Clara - Paramount's Great America - There have been stories of a young boy playing in the aisles after closing. The ghost of a ten-year-old boy who was killed on an amusement park ride haunts the area where the ride once stood.

Santa Clara - Paramount's Great America - Big Arcade & Drop Zone - There is a story of a man that haunts the big arcade over by the drop zone. Security would see a man on the cameras but when they got there no one was there, but here's the catch. the guy watching the cameras kept telling the guys over the radio that the guy was behind them and then next to them.

Santa Clara - Paramount's Great America - IMAX theatre - there are reports of lights turning on and off, and whispers.

Santa Clara - Paramount's Great America - Paramount Theater - witnesses have seen a man walk across the stage and then disappear, experienced cold spots, odd noises and the feel of fingers on the back of their necks, tap their shoulder and speak their name.

Santa Clara - Paramount's Great America - Roast Beef Shop - There was a man wearing a blue shirt that got locked up in the freezer and froze to death. Every night at exactly 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. when closing u can hear screams in the freezer of the man in the blue shirt.

There aperntly is a ghost of a old mechaninc in the dark ride 'X No Way Out' at thorpe park. He died by falling off a break platform whilst fixing the ride and now if cast mebers go in the building for maintence or breakdowns, you can hear footsteps, clangs of tools hitting metal and ther has also been ocasions where people on and off the ride have heard a male voice shout "get out! this is mine!" in an angry voice. im not sure on the truth of this story but it certainly got me wondering!

My friend has told that it is rumored that Universal Studios in Florida has a ghost haunting Revenge of the Mummy. He said that when the ride was King Kong an attendant died. Now he haunts Revenge of the Mummy and people have claimed to see his ghost during the launch sequence of the ride. Some workers also claim to see his ghost wandering the ride when it is not operating. The ghost is also rumored to be responsible for some of the rides breakdowns. I say is Priemer and their unrealiable rides, but who am I to say this. I am not sure if this is the exact story, but I was definetly told this.

Can anyone confirm or correct my story.

Plus, I wonder if S:ROS has so many breakdowns due to the death of a person on the ride. Naw, it's just Intamin.

There aperntly is a ghost of a old mechaninc in the dark ride 'X No Way Out' at thorpe park. He died by falling off a break platform whilst fixing the ride and now if cast mebers go in the building for maintence or breakdowns, you can hear footsteps, clangs of tools hitting metal and ther has also been ocasions where people on and off the ride have heard a male voice shout "get out! this is mine!" in an angry voice. im not sure on the truth of this story but it certainly got me wondering!

I thought it was a young boy who panicked at the first block break. he broke the bars and forced his way out, but his friend tried to pull him back in. the ride started again and he was dragged off the platform and fell to the floor, splattering blood on the strobe as he fell

ive been hit around the face mid-ride (no, it wasnt the sides) when i rode alone... freaked me out a lot, then on the part where the train stops, goes forward, stops, then goes back, i saw 2 red eyes, kinda like the ones in The Amityville Horror. I told the ops and they thought i was lying... really scared the pants off of me though, theres no way im doing that ride alone again... unless i have a camera to prove it. I've yet to hear voices... unless it was me, when i started yelling things out (ie: IM THE BOOGIEMAN!!!)

^ Well according to a documentary I saw about ghost hunters in the 1970's, some amusement park owners would claim that their park was haunted to scare away guests and be able to collect insurance money. Some even went as far as to dress up as a ghost to scare people away.

They would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling ghost hunters (along with their "talking" dog).

Now that's funny.

There's something strange inside your brain. Who you gonna call?

Stephen Hawking!

Yea, so I don't think RotM is haunted simply because if there was a death, I'm sure some one would have found out. Not to mention if you die why would you wanna stick around here on earth? It'd be so much warmer in hell.

I've often felt like the old DF site at BGW was haunted- but then again, I have such fond memories of Arrow's bastard love child- I often feel a chilling feeling whenever I go past there either on foot or by train. It's an awkward feeling not seeing DF there- but I still get the feeling that it's still around in spirit form...

• 2 weeks later...
I heard on a TV show that SFoG is haunted in 2 places-the entrance to Gotham City under the train tracks and the viewing area for the Ninga (next to the ladder game). Apparently the park was built on Civil War battlegrounds and you can see soilders can be seen in these 2 places.
Ninga???

• 2 months later...

I know for a fact that some weird things have happened during closing at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters at Disneyland. After the last guest had loaded I called unload and photo edit to tell them last car and then load and I put all the blasters into their nighttime positions, out of the holster and sideways into the black hand holds.

Once the ride had fully cycled out, I powered down and tagged out to do the walk through but our lead stopped us to do roll call. Halfway through the roll call, we heard lots of banging coming from inside the ride and we went in to investigate and every blaster had been taken out of the night position and was hanging in front of the cruisers.

To this day, I will not walk through at closing on BLAB because of that very event.

I'm pretty sure that Kings Dominion is haunted.

I've heard that there's the ghost of a teenage boy hanging out in front of Shockwave sometimes. For those that don't know, a teenage boy was killed and almost decapitated on the coaster that used to sit there.

I'm also quite sure I've seen an apparition on the lake. Dunno what that could be though.

And lastly, ride White Water Canyon at night. In the late 80s, there was an accident on the ride. One of the rafts flipped or something, and it resulted in one death. Riding that ride at night can be creepy. I've never seen anything, but in the second holding area, you can definately feel something.

BTW, does anyone have details on the White Water Canyon accident? I know it happened, and I know that a guy got pinned under when the raft flipped, but I don't know much more...

• 10 months later...

Dunno if this was mentioned already (sorry if so) but what about the old stories of Space Mountain (not sure which one) being haunted?

Somebody supposedly died in one and your supposed to see a face at some point if you say the dead person's name.

True or not, neat story.

David Acorah? What a Joke, that man ALWAYS gets "possesed" by a violent ghost. I always laugh when I see that show, that girl screams and runs away in almost every episode. I can't Stand David Acorah.

LOL I feel the exact same way. What luck that EVERY single place they go to not only is haunted, but majorly haunted to the point that he gets possessed every single episode.

I know for a fact that some weird things have happened during closing at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters at Disneyland. After the last guest had loaded I called unload and photo edit to tell them last car and then load and I put all the blasters into their nighttime positions, out of the holster and sideways into the black hand holds.

Once the ride had fully cycled out, I powered down and tagged out to do the walk through but our lead stopped us to do roll call. Halfway through the roll call, we heard lots of banging coming from inside the ride and we went in to investigate and every blaster had been taken out of the night position and was hanging in front of the cruisers.

To this day, I will not walk through at closing on BLAB because of that very event.

Wow, pretty intense!

My boyfriend who is very logical and a skeptic has had 2 experiences at Disneyland. The first one was on Matterhorn. We were on and I was sitting in the seat behind him. During the ride he was laughing and yelled out a playful 'Stop!' a couple of times. I just laughed and kept thinking "why is he yelling stop?". As we came back towards the station he asked 'Why were you pulling my hair?' And I laughed and asked what he was talking about. Apparently throughout the ride someone or something was pulling his hair. He got a little creeped out but kind of disregarded it.

About a month or so later we were at Disneyland again and we were on Pirates of The Caribbean. We were sitting in the back row and about half way through the ride near the auction scene he sat up really startled. (He was leaning on my shoulder and we were holding hands.) I asked what happened because he looked really scared. He said that his shirt had just got tugged on really hard. It was the left arm hole part of his shirt which was facing away from me and towards no one. He knew it wasn't me because he was holding my hand at the time and my other hand was too far to reach over. He showed me how hard of a tug it was, because I kept trying to rationalize what else it could have been. That incident creeped him out a lot. He's now a little less of a skeptic about ghosts.

A friend of mine worked on Haunted Mansion. He's seen a shadow of what looked like a child during one of the walk throughs during closing. Upon inspecting, there was nobody there. He said he'd get a really uneasy feeling during the hallway scene with all the doors during his walk throughs.

"Orbs"? Are you kidding? O_o that's just what dust looks like in pictures when its next to the lens.

Anyhow, I have never heard or seen a hanted ride before, though I am not saying that none of the stories mentioned is true(However, many of them I can explain by some kids snooping around where they shouldn't be. I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought I was a ghost once or twice while I was walking around closed amusement parks. I bet seeing me sitting all alone in ferris wheel at the dark amusement park at the hotel in Turkey I was in could've freaked someone out if they were there at the time)

Closest thing I've experienced to a haunted amusement park experience was riding Blood Falls alone at SFMM fright night.

Oh, and let's not forget hotel Breakers at Cedar Point, which is also bnelieved to be haunted. When we were on the midwest trip there there was a power outage and we had tow alk around it at 2AM with flashlights. I thought we'd at least have some vague encounter with creepiness but there was nothing creepy. I may have gone into a corrdior and done a "OooOOoooOOo" sound to freak people out once but I don't think anyone heard me.

Quite frnakly Im surprised the Breakers hasnt been mentioned yet. Or little a-merrik-a for that matter. Since its bordering on a graveyard.