TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New red B&M track at Clermont in Ohio...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I think it's for Canada's Wonderlands Wing Coaster, it resembles a wing coaster track and if you think about it Wonderlands track would need to be made first as wing coasters take longer to build and due to longer shipping times us being in Canada. Just a hunch but I think the wing coaster track will be made first then the dive coaster track. Dive Machines are quick to build.

This is why I think it's for Canada's Wonderlands Wing Coaster, it resembles a wing coaster track and if you think about it Wonderlands track would need to be made first as wing coasters take longer to build and due to longer shipping times us being in Canada. Just a hunch but I think the wing coaster track will be made first then the dive coaster track. Dive Machines are quick to build.

Agree that some of the track at the plant is for the rumored CW coaster. Personally don't think CP will be receiving a dive coaster.

Some "hints" (using the term quite loosely) about a dark ride coming to CP were revealed on this podcast.

http://coasterradio.com

Edited by canadianparkfan

Agree that some of the track at the plant is for the rumored CW coaster. Personally don't think CP will be receiving a dive coaster.

Some "hints" (using the term quite loosely) about a dark rise coming to CP were revealed on this podcast.

I think its funny that you guys think this track is for a wing rider Seriously, this track is gigantic, no wing rider has ever had this size of track, but you guys can keep on dreaming . This is definitely for CP's dive machine.

Got some more pictures! (From the Coaster Studios Facebook Page)

Up close the track looks absolutely enormous

11014809_1514132225528435_1286477458351771628_n.jpg?oh=a67e0a6ddef14f56976f7b692b34e6ae&oe=56166F01

11745794_1514132242195100_4387843621325125682_n.jpg?oh=b61eb7fc4f78ddc9cf2e0674d7d93ac0&oe=5624356B

Here it is next to the Chinese wingrider track

11738072_1514132195528438_616243630102695240_n.jpg?oh=7c198bce0150e27eebfda26a7a3279dc&oe=56571FCF

I think this picture settles it. It's the exact same size, highly doubtful it's dive coaster track, and it definitely looks like wingrider track. It does look like a CF-ish color scheme with the gray underside (like the lime green underside of Fury 325's track) so I guess this could be for CW after all (or some other CF park)

1912275_1514132212195103_1291463179906580979_n.jpg?oh=eaf04273a5cecf00cd2fab20934c0dfb&oe=565B9994

Some "hints" (using the term quite loosely) about a dark rise coming to CP were revealed on this podcast.

I think its funny that you guys think this track is for a wing rider Seriously, this track is gigantic, no wing rider has ever had this size of track, but you guys can keep on dreaming . This is definitely for CP's dive machine.

Never said it'd be a wing rider. Personally have no idea what it'll be. I just have a strong feeling CW will be getting the coaster while CP gets a dark ride.

Edited by canadianparkfan

Never said its be a wing rider. Personally have no idea what it'll be. I just have a strong feeling CW will be getting the coaster while CP gets a dark ride.

Not saying Canadas Wonderland won't get a new coaster, but I don't see how you could argue that Cedar Point isn't getting a new coaster next year. Their teaser campaign doesn't just hint at a new coaster, it says "that legacy (of world class coasters) will continue here at the roller coaster capital of the world." It's not a gray area.

^Missed that. Very good point.

However, even if CP is getting a coaster, who's to say CW won't get another one as well? So far, the only other major rumor I've heard in the CF parks is a possible waterpark expansion for Carrowinds.

Plus, this wouldn't be the first time CF's dropped a bunch of money on coasters in one year. Just look at Intimidator and I305. Both were built the same season, and both cost roughly $25 million.

I think this picture settles it. It's the exact same size, highly doubtful it's dive coaster track, and it definitely looks like wingrider track. It does look like a CF-ish color scheme with the gray underside (like the lime green underside of Fury 325's track) so I guess this could be for CW after all (or some other CF park)

1912275_1514132212195103_1291463179906580979_n.jpg?oh=eaf04273a5cecf00cd2fab20934c0dfb&oe=565B9994

They're not the same, the spine of the orange/grey track is a lot wider than the red one.

^But the rail ties don't really look like those on the bigger dive machines either.

Look.

BGE-8-4-2010-Griffon-34.jpg.a6bb5e63d5cea9eb0bacc29d8751192d.jpg

The top of the rail ties almost looks like a hyper/giga

B2Z6kXXIIAAmpCW.thumb.jpg.93560b47a57440aa696b791c964c5c90.jpg

But of course they may change the track design slightly over time.

None of the Sheikra clones do.

Definitly look at the outside connections of the spin and the ties. See how the red track is a triangle with little depth in terms of running down the outside of the spine? Now see how the brown track has two triangles?

So right now, we most likely are looking at a Giga or a Dive in production.

What if there actually was a much larger spine in some of the original pictures? Someone pointed out that the pullout for Baron 1898 has a much larger spine than the rest of the ride which has a normal spine; what if that's the case with Valravn? Perhaps the larger track is for the high-g portions and the normal-ish track is for the rest of it. Just a theory

Thats certainly a Dive. Giga track doesn't use rectangular spine connector to support connections as far as I can see.

Rectangles:

300px-SheiKraSeating8x3.jpg

Versus the circular and square on F325:

16143961996_b2f2aae3bd_b.jpg

Edited by RollerManic