TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am 12 years old. My first roller coaster was Big Thunder Mountain when I was 3 years old. (DLR Version) On the same day I rode Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Gadgets Go Coaster, and Splash Mountain. (I know Splash is not a coaster, but I thought I would include it anyway). I have loved coasters ever since!

Antonio"I'm glad my parents let me go on coasters at 3"G. :orangesmile:

^holy crap your only 10!!!

This message board is the best board ever created. (yay no age limits)

Here's my list of coaster firsts.... and dates I rode them.

First coaster: Kiddie coaster at fair, either 1995 or 1996

First "official" coaster: FOCer (haha) @ Carowinds in 1998

First Looping Coaster: Carolina Cyclone on July 31st, 2001

First Stand-up:Vortex @ Carowinds on July 31st, 2003

First Invert: Top Gun@ Carowinds on July 31st, 2003

First Launched coaster: Hulk on christmas eve 2004.

First Flying/lay-down: BORG on April 16th, 2004.

My first wooden coaster was The Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake. I was about 7 years old.

It took me until I was 16 to muster the courage to go on a steel looping coaster for the first time, which was the orginal Steel Phantom at Kennywood.

I am 23.

My first big coaster was the Jack Rabbit at 5 years old. I wish I remember that ride. I know now that my knees hit the grab bar. So I can only imagine how much flight I got.

My first looper was in 1992 on the now defunt Steel Phantom. Headbanger back then but as I got taller I didn't get the headbanging, as I used to. I still wish they bring that ride back.

Hi!

I've been lurking for a while, after linking from the DIS.

My first coaster, excluding kiddie coasters, was the Wildcat at Riverside. I was probably 10-12ish. It induced severe coaster phobia in me, which I demolished only 2 years ago, by riding Kraken.

I'm proud to say my timid 4 year old son has already been on Goofy's Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain here in FL. My fearless 2 year old daughter can't wait to be tall enough for everything!

Maureen

I'm 18 going on 19 (July 13th)

My first Coaster, First Looper & First Hyper was the now defucted Steel Phantom at Kennywood Park... at age 11 in 1997.

My First Intamin Coaster Ride was on Millennium Force at Cedar Point at age 16 in 2002.

My First B&M Coaster/ First Inverted & Standup Coaster was Raptor & Mantis at Cedar Point at age 14 in 2000.

First Woodie was the Jack Rabbit at Kennywood Park at age 11 in 1997.

First Terrain Hyper was the Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood at age 15 in 2001.

Dave "Kennywood Rocks!" Knight

I'm only 15, so I'm still part of that lowest age group that takes up a suprising percent of the voters.

My first real roller coaster was on my fifth birthday. We had taken a RV trip and I had asked to be in Las Vegas on my birthday. I wanted to go to an amusement park and my parents were fine with that. We went to the Adventure Dome at Circus Circus and I had a great time until my dad dragged me onto Canyon Blaster. It was something I could do to show how cool I was at 5. That thing scared the heck out of me and I stayed clear of all roller coasters until I was 8. Yep, that's my story.

Edit: Just a wierd little thing I noticed, I've got the same birthday as CoasterExpert13 above me. Sorry, that was random.

I'm a latecomer into the coaster world. My first coaster was Space Mountain at WDW at the age of around 14 (seven years ago), and then Scorpion @ BGT a few days later. My youngest brother, on the other hand, will ride whatever he's tall enough for, including Scorpion at around 4-5, and Gwazi recently. He absolutely loves them, and will scream because "I'm on a roller coaster everyone!", and gets disappointed when he can't ride a coaster due to the height limit.

My first ride on Kumba in 1998 (back row, second from left):

http://www.thelawsons.com/CM/albums/userpics/10001/normal_kumba.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 35.. and my first coaster was Thunderhawk at Dorney.. got dragged on by a cute girl after I had (seeing that it was shut down) bragged about how great it was.. (never having ridden it, and, in fact, terrified of it!)

Of course, it began running about 30 seconds after I made that fateful comment. In short succession in the next year I hit Hershey (back when I think the only things they had were Comet and SDL) and then Disney and SF:GA, and rode everything in the parks.

This was about 20 years ago or so?

Maeryk