TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so ridiculously excited to ride this on August 5th! It potentially can be my 600th individual coaster!

I look forward to enjoying it vicariously through you, since that's probably the closest I'll come to actually riding it for years!

How's the average wait for Wildfire? I'm thinking since Kolmården is more of a zoo than an amusement park maybe the lines for the rides would be a bit shorter than they otherwise would've been. Also I'd really want to go there within the next few weeks and it would be helpful to know in advance.

How's the average wait for Wildfire? I'm thinking since Kolmården is more of a zoo than an amusement park maybe the lines for the rides would be a bit shorter than they otherwise would've been. Also I'd really want to go there within the next few weeks and it would be helpful to know in advance.

It's sort of hard to tell since the ride has only been open 1 week!

I feel like Wildfire is to RMCs as T-Express was to Intamin Prefabs nearly a decade ago... sort of the culminating crown jewel of the collection, really putting everything together and pulling out all of the stops in one giant ride. Can't wait to hear full reviews and hear how it stacks up against other RMCs and wooden coasters! Awesome pictures

Am at Kolmården right now, Wildfire's been up and down all day. Right now the second train (I think?) is running with the front row closed off.

Coaster itself is super awesome though.

How's the wait time?

Am at Kolmården right now, Wildfire's been up and down all day. Right now the second train (I think?) is running with the front row closed off.

Coaster itself is super awesome though.

How's the wait time?

I was there today as well, it wasn't that bad at all most of the time (10-20 min on average maybe), but it was in the middle of the week so it might be longer during weekends. I'm not completely sure but it might be affected by the dolphin show right next to it as well since it's rather popular, I'm guessing at least some people there will prioritize it over wildfire and such.

Off topic, but it was a great ride, glad to have a roller coaster of this "tier" closer to Stockholm, there's Helix as well but that's much further away.

I'm planning a trip to Kolmården in August, and it looks like it will be another solo adventure for me. Right now I'm looking at August 10th as the most likely date. Any locals (or anyone else who might be in the area around that time) interested in meeting up?

I will also probably do Gröna Lund while I'm in the area.

^My group of 4 will be at Kolmarden on the 5th and Grona Lund on the 7th!

Would love to join you, but unfortunately I'm working until August 8th so that won't work for me. But thanks for the offer!

I will go at the end of August, and I think I will have to go alone cause all my friends want to go next summer, but honestly how can I wait one more year to ride this beast?

So if you mind go on these dates let me know! It would be better to go in group than to have a "single rider" trip.

I think I will visit Liseberg too!

I finally rode it...wait it's only just open, this is new to me. Nevermind that. Okea, so I rode it and can only say that it is awesome! To put some context into this short review, I recently rode Taron on the opening night and a few days before I rode Helix, so my top 3 was already changing more than usual. To get back, this ride is awesome. If you take the right (or bottom) trip round the park the first thing you will see is the backside of pre-drop. It looks a bit small from there. But once you go to the station it's quite big. The lift and the pre-drop area give you a very nice view of the surroundings. Of course, due to the ride being quite a bit above the lake level, the height really enhances the feel for the area. The first drop is nice and steep with a nice curve at the bottom. I rode it frontseat on the first run, backseat on the second. Do ride in the back! The drop was a ejector from top to bottom. Best first drop, even above Expedition G-force for me. Thje zero-g-stall, seriously the person who thought of that deserves a medal. That element is insane. Perfect floater from start to end. Then a very nice but fast transition into the banked hill. Also very nice element, gives a good but short pop of air before pulling you into the next bend.

What follows is a great combination of a banked hill followed by and even better airtime hill and the way into the second inversion. This one took me a bit by surprise since it also gave a very nice zero-g feeling. You kinda floated through it, both back and front. The way down to the station turn around gives a good view of the area as well as a feel for the speed. The station turnaround gives a pop of air, which is better in front than back. The ending is a mixed bag for me. The barrel roll is just insane, but in a good constant way. I was expecting something like the roll on helix, but this one was way different. The only 'lesser' part of the ride is the last hill which gives no air, front or back. Also the turns are just not snappy enough for me. This was literally my only letdown. The train tears through the track from start to finish! Awesome, must ride. Best ride in Europe for me, right before Helix and Taron.

So, what seat is the best? To me, G-wise the right backseat. The left back is also very good, but the right backseat felt better on some turns. Front is great for the view, but the forces are a bit tamer. For me the perferance for backseat is strange since I am a front seat guy 9 out of 10 times. A very very solid ride!

The only thing I didn't like were the operations, but I got to cut some slack due to this being their first big ride. The problems I have are two fold: When you said you wanted to wait for a certain seat they did allow it, but in a very rude way. Now, if I was declaring I'd do something they would be totally right, but I asked it nicely every single time. The second problem is in the way the grouper works. Insead of assigning people to their row, they just let people trough, which caused some gates to be doubled up and some empty. While they did correct this it often took a while which slowed down the operations. Then again, I can understand why this is, it's a new thing for kolmarden as well as Europeans mostly (8 out of 10 parks let you pick your own seat and let you wait for your prefered seat no questions asked). I think that when the season end operations are going to be much better!

On the side note, not that they need lightning fast operations, they ran two trains the whole day while the wait was 1-2 trains max! Absolute thumbs up for that. I would understand if they'd have run only one. Stange however is the short wait considering the main parking was almost full that day. The ride is awesome, but feels a bit out of place in the current context of the park. However, I will complain no more, this ride is so awesome I want to ride it again and again and again! I can't wait to see more RMC in Europe! Kudo's to RMC and Kolmarden for building this!

Also, some pictures of this ride!

SAM_3895.thumb.JPG.b31eef9ab711eb581f17652ea63172a4.JPG

You see, that view is amazing!

SAM_3945.thumb.JPG.4739cbbe0d307b0287bf5b3acf0a434f.JPG

All happy faces, I can dig that

SAM_3947.thumb.JPG.a107a66f71c27b96e8b759f0777f56a2.JPG

This element is so well done. Even gives a small pop of air while being twisty at the same time.

SAM_3953.thumb.JPG.b524ddd393e89becec76ca3a3926d16c.JPG

I am not even sure if I wan the holes to be filled up with wood, tis looks so good this way.

SAM_3961.thumb.JPG.b88c186e4313368fd60c715002692486.JPG

SAM_4150.thumb.JPG.5d18dcf6b46e873824cf6735d140c936.JPG