TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tayto Park Discussion Thread

105km/h...? at 32m high...? Surely the first drop has to go some distance below ground to accumulate that sort of speed. Wodan Timbur coaster is 100km/h and is 8m taller.

Just another error, don't worry! Physics told me the maximum speed can only reach 90.16km/h with no friction force when the bottom of the track is at the same level of the ground. They have to dig at least 11.4m under ground to reach the speed which I think is not too possible.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The article obviously has plenty of errors. Stating it will be the second biggest one is one of them even though I'm not quite sure what they mean with "biggest" tallest? longest? If it really is going to be 32 m it will be the fifth tallest, check here. So we can't fully trust it, including the indicated speed.

That makes me believe it's going to be an RMC pre-fab. Maybe ?

RMC coasters have been unavailable outside North america until the deal with Vekoma was signed a little while ago. This ride would surely have been planned for quite some time, so it will most likely be another manufacturer. RMC would be my ride of choice if I were to choose though!

I think Ireland is getting Europe's first inversion woody (hopefully RMC)! Why:

A massive wooden roller coaster, which will be the second biggest in Europe, will be part of a €25 million expansion at Tayto Park planned for 2015.

The park’s owner, Ray Coyle, has confirmed that he will be lodging a planning application with Meath County Council shortly for a massive extension to the park near Ashbourne, which attracted almost half a million visitors last year.

The roller coaster alone will cost €8.5 million and will be a centrepiece of a development which will include new rides, a new entrance and additional parking and facilities.

The new development is expected to increase the workforce to 550 at peak times from the 220 which were employed there last summer.

The roller coaster will be the second biggest in Europe in terms of speed and length. “It will be 1.4km long, and 32 metres at its highest point, have a top speed of 105km/h and it will be able to take 700 people an hour,” he added.

There will be two trains on the attraction, each of them with 12 seats, and 25 per cent of the ride will involve travelling through loops.

The wooden ride, which will take up about 2.8 acres, has to be built specially in the United States to suit the site. The only roller coaster with bigger dimensions in Europe is at Europa Park in south-western Germany. The new Meath rollercoaster will be one of the 10 largest in the world.

Mr Coyle said that if planning permission is granted, he expects the new extension to be open for business in spring of 2015.

Source: http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2014/01/08/4019012-roller-coaster-plan-for-tayto-park/#sthash.TuCChepI.dpuf

Well one thing is for certain....we are going to have a grand old time speculating on this until it is officially announced

In all seriousness though, good for them! I love to hear about smaller parks getting some great new rides.

Look I hope this comes through having just moved from Ireland to Sydney. This will be Ireland's first flagship non traveling coaster in my memory. However I wouldn't hold my breath until the planning app comes through.

I remember a few years ago someone sent in a planning app for a indoor theme park with a monorail link to Dublin that would have boosted the economy and created a lot of jobs but that didn't make it through.I am still really hopeful it gets built though.

Also I would not be surprised with trains and or capacity being on the low side. Dublin only has a population of about 1.5 million so I don't think they are expecting big crowds. I hope they do get them though

Our traveling amusement fair funderland.com/ only last about 4 weeks on Dublin

• 2 weeks later...

Themeparks.ie is reporting that the new coaster will be built by the Gravity Group.

ThemeParks.ie can exclusively reveal this morning that the proposed wood coaster at Tayto Park is to be built by The Gravity Group.

The new ride is expected to cost €8.5 million euro and will have a track length of 1.4km (4593ft), a maximum height of 32m (105ft), and a top speed of 105km/h (65mph).

Really excited by this. It should be possible for me to get to this park and back in a day too!

I'll more than likely go and have a look around the area and do it over two days... This is all considering it actually gets built.

Is Hades 360 really as bad as some make it seem? I went on it in 2008 as the original Hades - I don't remember much, but I didn't particularly hate it (my mom did.) Of course, it didn't have much time to rot back then. Zeus was much worse to me. What's worse - Hades 360 or Mean Streak (the crappy woodie that I'm most familiar with.)

Is Hades 360 really as bad as some make it seem? I went on it in 2008 as the original Hades - I don't remember much, but I didn't particularly hate it (my mom did.) Of course, it didn't have much time to rot back then. Zeus was much worse to me. What's worse - Hades 360 or Mean Streak (the crappy woodie that I'm most familiar with.)

In comparison, Hades360-Zeus is like Mean Streak-Outlaw Run. And Hades360-Mean Streak is like Ninja SFStL-Gatekeeper