TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which amusement park deserves a new coaster?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well put down my two local parks on here:

LEGOLAND California: With an ever-expanding attendance, I would like to see a major ride put into the amusement park that isn't correlated with the water park. Something similar to Polar Xplorer would be perfect.

SeaWorld San Diego: I feel like SWSD just lacks a few major rides really to make the park amazing. A family coaster, like a nicely-themed Mack spinning coaster would be nice.

Great Escape. For a corporate park this is just getting ridiculous.

- They have only had one adult coaster in their history that wasn't relocated and it's a Boomerang.

- Their last new adult coaster was a relocated mine train... 11 years ago

- Since Great Escape got it's last coaster (a kids coaster in 2005), every other Six Flags park got at least 2 new coasters

- Every coaster at this park sucks except for the Comet (the bobsled is okay but has huge lines and closes at 6 pm)

Have you ever considered the idea that the Lodge and water park are more popular than the coasters and flat rides? That's the case around the country at a lot of parks. If adding new attractions there makes more financial sense, then that will continue to happen. Great Escape doesn't bare the Six Flags name for a reason.

Have you ever considered the idea that the Lodge and water park are more popular than the coasters and flat rides? That's the case around the country at a lot of parks. If adding new attractions there makes more financial sense, then that will continue to happen. Great Escape doesn't bare the Six Flags name for a reason.

Yes, and that operates as a totally separate entity.

You're absolutely right about the financial aspect of this though... but I think it holds true for every park mentioned in this thread. If a park with the financial resources to add a coasters hasn't added one then it's probably because they didn't think it was a good investment. That being said as enthusiasts (and consumers, though we are a small percentage of the consumer base) it doesn't mean we can't voice our displeasure. That's just my two cents.

Michigans Adventure and Darien Lake for sure.

Cedar Point though they don't need a new coaster anytime soon since they got Gatekeeper last yr. *drag* They do need however at some point a World Class woodie. Mean Streak just isnt cutting it anymore. So either RMC that thing or bring a GCI to the park IMO

• 1 year later...

-Valleyfair: Any decent steel coaster.

-Michigan's Adventure: Anything.

-Dorney Park: GCI/RMC wooden coaster.

-Six Flags America: Anything that isn't a hand-me down.

-Great Escape: Anything.

-Darien Lake: Anything.

I am not gonna comment on any parks I haven't been to but I'll say while Kennywood is a GREAT park that overall I loved, they could use something modern and really thrilling. Phantom is great but its still the star of the show over there and its almost 30 years old. Sky Rocket is a fun little thing but I don't know it just felt like something was missing, as much as I loved the park.

SFA. Don't even buy a new coaster, just RMC Roar and be done with it.

Also co-sign on all the Dorney mentions. I really like having Dorney around as an alternative to GreatAdv and overall I really like the park, probably much more than some here, but they are really missing that big great signature ride. Even just an amazing twisty airtime filled GCI or a small Intamin prefab like Balder. Would fit nicely in the Dinos Alive area.

Valleyfair and Michigan's Adventure could probably use something soon. I spent a few hours at Elitch Gardens this year; it's a miserable pit. Twister II seemed like it would be a great candidate for some Rocky Mountaining.

Canada's Wonderland....

#Ziz2017 #Should'veBeen2016 #F&$@youCP

The B&M Gigacoaster that Wonderland has is 3 years old, and a quick check of rcdb shows that there are 15 other roller coasters in the park.

I think Ziz, Kings Dominion, and Canada's Wonderland need a word filter. It's outrageous.

Anyway, I would really love to see Dorney get a GCI, possibly something that uses some of the lake where Hercules was and back to behind the behind the rapids. Or a GCI twister in the immediate back plot behind the rapids.

SFStL could still use a hyper... an RMC isn't coming at this point.

I am not gonna comment on any parks I haven't been to but I'll say while Kennywood is a GREAT park that overall I loved, they could use something modern and really thrilling. Phantom is great but its still the star of the show over there and its almost 30 years old. Sky Rocket is a fun little thing but I don't know it just felt like something was missing, as much as I loved the park.

SFA. Don't even buy a new coaster, just RMC Roar and be done with it.

Also co-sign on all the Dorney mentions. I really like having Dorney around as an alternative to GreatAdv and overall I really like the park, probably much more than some here, but they are really missing that big great signature ride. Even just an amazing twisty airtime filled GCI or a small Intamin prefab like Balder. Would fit nicely in the Dinos Alive area.

I would love to see a small intamin prefab at Dorney, but I seriously doubt we'll ever get another wooden coaster (Maintenance says it's too much maintenance, after Dorneys experience with Hercules, I can't blame them.) I think a megalite would be more likely than another wooden coaster.

Canada's Wonderland....

#Ziz2017 #Should'veBeen2016 #F&$@youCP

Yup, Cedar Point itself stole your coaster

This isn't exactly reasonable at this point, but it would be hilarious to see CW get the shaft in 2017 and watch the fanboys rage quit.

Kings Dominion should be getting a coaster within the next 2-3 years, but it's fine by me if we don't get one in 2017 or 2018 because... well... I305... amirite?

I would love to see a small intamin prefab at Dorney, but I seriously doubt we'll ever get another wooden coaster (Maintenance says it's too much maintenance, after Dorneys experience with Hercules, I can't blame them.) I think a megalite would be more likely than another wooden coaster.

Oh when oh when will a U.S. park buy a megalite? I will move right next door to it.

Oh when oh when will a U.S. park buy a megalite? I will move right next door to it.

I 100% agree with this. Came on here thinking Dorney and saw that someone already stole my idea. I think a GCi would be nice too but there are many close by.