How do you watch your movies?

What do you purchase the most of?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What do you purchase the most of?

• Blu-Ray
    • DVD
    • Digital Download

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year? 5-7

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year? 1-3?

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc) tpr...

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device? Depends

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device? No

Which reminds me I need to use the tpr store credit... I see blu-rays in my future.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy about 15 to 20 DVD's a year, but no Blu-rays and I don't have a Blu-ray player.

I don't buy any downloads.

We do get free "catch-up TV" streaming online which I'll sometimes watch, but never directly on a device or laptop screen. I always connect it up so that it streams via the laptop onto a big TV screen. I'll sometime also use that setup if I wanted to watch long YouTube videos.

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year?

About 10 Blu-Rays, but I buy them as gifts for others. So I guess, the number would be zero for myself!

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year?

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc)

iTunes

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device?

To my computer, and view on computer (connected to TV)

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device?

I usually don't watch something on any of my device because I feel it would be a shame to watch something on a small screen if I can watch it full HD on a big screen. Exceptions would be long flights or long travel. After I'm done gaming. And in that case 1.5gb - 2gb files are not too big.

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year? None

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year? None

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc) 8 or 10 I think.

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device? I download from TPR's website.

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device? Not at all! They are TPR's roller coaster videos!

12-15

1-2

iTunes

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device?

Into iTunes

No

I've been buying Blu-ray almost exclusively, unless it's something I absolutely cannot get like old F1 Season Reviews, since 2006. Currently have over 400 Blu-ray Discs in my collection which is archived here - http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=1916

Once you have a decent HT set-up, it's hard to watch super low bit-rate, archaic MPEG-2 encoded DVDs, lol. Yet I still have the ability to listen to cassettes and play VHS tapes, it's just I much prefer my TC-P50GT50 looking its best.

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year? About 10 DVDs.

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year? Hardly any. I am old fashioned too in that I like being able to play my media on different devices.

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year? On average I'd say about 4-5. Definitely prefer physical media since I hate managing memory space.

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year? For video I rarely purchase digital. The digital version of movies I have are usually included with the blu-ray (w/DVD, w/digital download) bundle. I prefer physical media as oppposed to managing available memory space on my devices. However I might choose digital for a portable device like iPad since I load it up with movies for "on-the-go"

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc) Definitely would go through iTunes. Storing in iCloud is definitely a plus in terms of the managing memory issue. I have also purchased TV episodes through the Playstation Network and downloaded to PS3, very convenient since the download is ready to be watched on the TV as opposed to a computer screen.

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device? I download directly to my device.

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device? Downloading a file this big would just take some planning in regards to how long it would take since I don't have the fastest internet connection speed. Memory wise sometimes there is the need to manage space but iTunes definitely has it's advantages with storing purchases in the cloud.

Hey everyone!

Thank you for your help!

--Robb

I've only bought a few regular DVD box sets.

The vast majority of my movie viewing is via Netflix, both DVD and streaming. Also use cable DVR a lot.

I do purchase some movies/TV on iTunes for iPad viewing, but I would rather watch on the big screen. Attaching iPad to big screen has been giving me troubles (video player keeps crashing), so I don't bother any more. iPad movies are for watching on the plane. I download directly to iPad, and size isn't ever a problem.

Should we get a Blu-Ray player? Are they that much better?

HHow many DVD's or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year?

Well, I buy close to 10 DVD's and 5 Blu-Rays a year. Most of these purchases are between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I buy maybe 5 a year. But I am a frequent Netflix user, and I watch close to 150 movies a year on it.

How do you purchase digital downloads?

I buy them off of Amazon every time. I don't really have a reason to use iTunes at the moment.

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device?

I don't have an iTouch or an iPhone (which hopefully will change this Christmas), so I download it to my laptop first, and then transfer it to whatever device I need it on, like my iPod nano 3rd gen! Yeah I still have one.

What about 1.5 gb and 2 gb files?

I have a laptop, and a file that size can be downloaded overnight.

Final summation: I will buy the video on whatever medium it comes out on. But my preference would be Amazon (or Netflix if you really want to put it there) so that I can watch the videos on my big screen TV!

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year? Blu-Rays 5-10

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year? 10-20

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc) Itunes

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device? To my computer

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device? Yes, I try to keep below 1 gb. I have an Apple TV and anything over a gb takes a long time to download to that device. So I try to keep it about the 750 area.

None.

Several.

Usually iTunes, unless what I want is unavailable.

I always funnel purchases through my Macbook before putting them on my iPhone. Helps me to stay organized.

My Windows partition makes the useable space of my Mac OS X side 250GB, which doesn't let me keep big downloads on my Macbook. Thankfully, I have an external hard disk that I can put movies on. But to answer your question, I would NOT put a 1.5-2GB download on my iPhone, at all.

I typically use my television as a secondary display and watch movies that way, as opposed to a disc player.

Lately I've been watching movies and TV shows streaming on Netflix. If there is a way to put older Rollercoasters in the RAW films on Netflix where you could get some of the revenue that would be great, but I don't know how that works or if Netflix works with small independents.

I haven't bought a Blu Ray or DVD in over a year, as I rent or watch most movies online or on TV. Red Box is constantly sending me free DVD rental promo codes which I'll sometimes use for the Blu Ray version and pay the $0.32 difference.

I don't buy movies online, though I use Amazon and iTunes for music. I do watch TV shows online on Netflix, Hulu, or whatever network's website. I also use my DVR and my On Demand feature to watch shows and movies on TV, although only what's included in my cable package - no pay per view, etc.

About 15 blurays. Mostly 3d versions

Ituens. I do stream a lot from Hulu plus and Netflix

Download to my PC

Large sizes are no problem. I have comcast business class at my home.

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year? Very few (I'd say probably 1 or 2 per year... And they are all RC in the RAW !)

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year? Also very few, as much as I buy dvd's and also RC in the raw only.

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc) Via the TPR store

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device? Not at all, I have unlimited internet so 2 GB isn't a problem, especially if it's for a TPR DVD !

About 10 DVDs each year

I have only done it twice

How do you purchase digital downloads?

Itunes

I download directly to my computer

I try not to go past 1.5 gbs but if it is something really good, I wouldn't mind it being 2 gbs!