TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

^^By the time you watch them over and over, the layout (read layout) gets pretty boring / predictable when you come to ride it. Thats why I refrain from watching the POVs before trips so that I can enjoy a forgetten momsnt of the ride or simply try to not memorize everything.

So true!

^^By the time you watch them over and over, the layout (read layout) gets pretty boring / predictable when you come to ride it. Thats why I refrain from watching the POVs before trips so that I can enjoy a forgetten momsnt of the ride or simply try to not memorize everything.

So true!

I'm going to have to disagree, Everland is my home park right now and I know the layout of T Express off by heart but after what must be close to 100 rides by now I'm still enjoying it immensely even if I know each and every turn. Sure it's probably not as much as my first ever time but I definitely wouldn't use the word boring.

^I agree. Right now I'm used to knowing the layout of almost every coaster before I ride them and I don't find them less exiting because of that. There are still always some surprises as you don't know how each element will ride. The only rides I don't really know before I get in are smaller woodies and family coasters and I don't find them any more exiting because of that. However, like I said, that may be because I haven't got on a big ride I didn't know before for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
The side-by-side perspective is very interesting--not to mention disorienting. Great video.

Yeah it really messes with my eyes but is still pretty awesome.

I don't know how it rides but Thunderbird looks like its a hell of a lot better than Swarm of Raptor (The 2 wing riders I have been on)

A new Martin & Vleminckx/Gravity Group looping woodie has opened at Oriental Heritage Fantawild Park in Wuhu, China! Check out this awesome layout! Huge thanks to Martin & Vleminckx for supplying the footage!

Is this the first legit classic wood inversion? Sorry if I'm completely wrong

maybe in China, but in the States, Outlaw Run beat it by about 2 years:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I dunno if I'd count Hades 360 tho, since the inversion is supported by metal. . .

I think the one in Jinan opened before this one. Of course it hadn't opened YET when we were there.

Correct. Jinan opened about a month before this with a different layout. (it can be seen in the fantawild thread here if you wish to compare) There is a third looping woodie planned for Ningbo but it is a clone of the Jinan one.

Apparently the Wuhu one is the favorite among M&V employees. Can't wait to get back and try this.

Nice Video! Honestly, most people complain about Hydra's lack of positive G's, but IMO I actually like it a lot because it feels much different from the typical B&M floorless coaster. That barrel roll is also lots of fun even though people say it's gimmicky.

Nice Video! Honestly, most people complain about Hydra's lack of positive G's, but IMO I actually like it a lot because it feels much different from the typical B&M floorless coaster. That barrel roll is also lots of fun even though people say it's gimmicky.

It is the most interesting part of the ride.

Man, these 60 fps videos are amazing. So crisp, no motion blur, it turns my monitor into a windshield. Very cool. I've never ridden Hydra and this video really makes me want to get back to Dorney some day.

Hey Robb! I was just curious when you thought you'd have another Roller Coasters in the Raw video out? I assume probably not until after this "season" wraps up, but I wondered if you had a target date. I have every one of the releases so far, as my kids love to watch them all fairly regularly (and not just my kids either!)

Hey Robb! I was just curious when you thought you'd have another Roller Coasters in the Raw video out? I assume probably not until after this "season" wraps up, but I wondered if you had a target date. I have every one of the releases so far, as my kids love to watch them all fairly regularly (and not just my kids either!)

I don't think we will do one this year. To be honest, physical media is just not strong when it comes to sales anymore, and more people are watching our videos via YouTube, etc. The volume of work it takes to put together a RAW DVD or Blu-Ray is huge and it adds more inventory here at our offices, means another SKU on Amazon, etc. In short, it's a LOT of work. And if most people are switching how they view media, then we need to follow suit.

I dunno, maybe we'll create a "Digital Download Only" version of something and see how that goes. Although we tried the 'Bonus Tracks" thing earlier this year, and that wasn't well received either, maybe because people had said "We watched all this content on YouTube already" so why do double the work?

Hope that answers your question.

^Yup, it does, thanks! I'm a little bummed, just because I'm "old school" like that, but I totally understand what you're saying, and frankly, in today's day and age, it's not really surprising. Thanks for all the time you've invested in the previous ones though, and know they have been enjoyed!