TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^How is GCI more realistic then RMC? They both do re-tracking, so they are both options. And just by the numbers, RMC offeres a better product line. And they have done it more then GCI.

GCI

- Complete Retracking (They have yet to do this as far as I know)

- Partial Retracking

- New trains with complete retracking

RMC

- Partial Retracking using special, wood track.

- Complete Retracking using special, wood track.

- Complete overhaul Retracking using special, wood track.

- Complete overhaul Retracking using special, steel track.

- New trains with complete retracking

^How is GCI more realistic then RMC? They both do re-tracking, so they are both options. And just by the numbers, RMC offeres a better product line. And they have done it more then GCI.

RMC seems to have a bunch of projects already lined up right now, so idk if it would be able/willing to fit another one in that starts just a few months from now. Also, it seems like RMC would probably be able to charge more than GCI because it's so hot right now.

Edited by CedarFlags

^^^Didn't GCI do the Boulder Dash overhaul that everyone raved about?

However, on the flip side, GCI already did some work on GhostRider in 2004 and the ride still blows---so perhaps Cedar Fair wants to go in a different direction this time.

Edited by Jew

^Who's to say this hasn't been planned with RMC and is part of their Scheduled projects?

I'm fairly confident that Knotts is NOT one the RMCs 3 projects for 2016. Maybe 2017 though!

Oh I agree. I'm just pointing out that if RMC was contracted to do something it wouldn't be last minute.

^Big difference between a fully constructed new wooden coaster or an Iron Horse conversion and a topper track retrack. Schilke said three coasters in 2016... I wouldn't call topper track a new coaster.

Sure, you're right. But I do remember RMC saying somewhere that they aren't even doing plain topper track retracks anymore (like Tremors, old cyclone, or old rattler), only full blown conversions (but with topper track instead of steel). Doing a full conversion would certainly count as a project.

I really hope nobody here gets their hopes set on RMC GhostRider for 2016. But there may be more RMC in California yet!... hopefully

^It wouldn't surprise me... at Magic Mountain again

Actually, now that I think about it, an RMC wooden coaster at Magic Mountain before an RMC elsewhere in California isn't out of the realm of possibility. We'll have to see when Cedar Fair jumps on board (or Discovery Kingdom).

^ I know that a collection of radio stations in SoCal have the park tomorrow night from 9-1...not sure how their give away works but there is chance those folks will be in the park earlier in the day and its the end of the year for schools out here and all those associated trips...I'd expect large crowds with lots of kids!

• 2 weeks later...

^ Very impressive! I have always enjoyed seeing "overhead" models of dark rides, usually the Disney parks' ones.

But this is really really cool. Have you made any more models besides this one? Or was this your first time at doing

this kind of project?

^ Very impressive! I have always enjoyed seeing "overhead" models of dark rides, usually the Disney parks' ones.

But this is really really cool. Have you made any more models besides this one? Or was this your first time at doing

this kind of project?

Thank you! Glad you guys like it.

I have made dozens of models. Recently I made Big Thunder Mountain, Wonder Mountain's Guardian, Gringotts, Calico Mine Ride and many others. I have a couple in construction right now, hopefully they will be done by the end of summer.

Since you like those overhead shots, you may want to visit this page. http://kolbykonnection.com/models/

I just made my first trip ever to KBF, and while I really enjoyed Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Iron Reef, and the Calico Mine Ride, am I the only person who thinks the Timber Mountain Log Ride is the best ride in that park?

Man, for a non-Disney dark/water ride, it is really spectacular!

Looks like Knott's has an audition posted online for an upcoming show for Knott's Scary Farm called "Elvira's Asylum". Nice to see that The Mistress of the Dark will be returning to Knott's Scary Farm for another year!

https://www.knotts.com/jobs/special-events-openings

Of course, as expected they're already looking to hire for cast leads and maze builders as well. I love it when the wheels start turning and the haunt season starts to take shape. Now I just need to wait for my re-hire card to come in the mail so I can hopefully secure a spot on streets this year!

I just made my first trip ever to KBF, and while I really enjoyed Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Iron Reef, and the Calico Mine Ride, am I the only person who thinks the Timber Mountain Log Ride is the best ride in that park?

I'm a SFMM regular and after riding Jet Stream at SFMM so much and not going to Knotts for 13 years, when I rode it again last month I loved it also. It is so smooth vs the edges where in jet stream you are banging against each side the whole ride and that ride has no theme. Love the dark ride.

You could definitely be justified making that argument. For me, it shares the top 3 with Xcelerator and Montezooma's.