TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

When Ghostrider opened, it was one of the best rides in the world. I still remember the rides I had on it at the (I think) first Solace where it rained before ERT. They are still some of the best coaster rides I've ever had.

There's a great coaster hiding in that woodpile. All it would take is CF to make a commitment to restoring it to what it was. I just don't see them doing it, as when you look at their properties, having a world-class wooden coaster does not seem to be a priority to them.

dt

I really wonder sometimes why some woodies are still smooth after years of use while others aren't. Is it really the parks fault? I see them do maintenance quite often.

Yeah I wonder that too. What factors go into causing roughness and why are some wood coasters still very smooth? I mean Look at Giant Dipper at SCBB, it's over 80 years old and still WAY WAY WAY smoother than this ride- how is that possible?

Xcelerator alone is worth a visit to the park. Everything else is just extra...

I totally agree and the park is very nice too and the chicken dinners..... mmmmm

Maybe it's just me, but I definitely think the quality of the chicken dinner restaurant has gone way down.

I agree that the chicken isn't as good as I remember it being when I was a kid; then again, was anything we liked to eat as a kid really all that good? It's still pretty good fried chicken, and the biscuits and boysenberry pie are good.

Actually, Disneyland's fried chicken is very well done compared to Mrs. Knotts. Heck KFC, Popeyes, Dukes, Yellow Basket, Ralphs, Vons, Albertsons, Stater Brothers, and etc is better than Mrs Knotts.

Mrs. Knotts to needs to change the recipe to include a brine to soften them up. The dark meat is decent but the breast is the challenge and thats where they fail along with most of their sides.

But yes... the bisquits and pie is worth the chicken dinner price.

I think with Knott's, though, it's the history attached to eating at the restaurant - which is why Knott's exists.

I look forward to eating fried chicken at Knott's, but for some reason, it just doesn't sound enticing to eat it at Disneyland.

Of course, I also think eating the turkey legs is barbaric, so..

The dark meat is decent but the breast is the challenge and thats where they fail along with most of their sides.