TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chance (Morgan) HyperLite

I was stumbling around the internet this evening and somehow ended up on the Chance Rides (formerly Morgan) website. I noticed they are offering a new product they are calling the HyperLite. They also have a link to a YouTube animation with a POV that was uploaded a few weeks ago. Seems like this is their answer to Intamin's MegaLite. Looks interesting (particularly because it's been nearly a decade since their last coaster installation.) Anyway, thought I'd pass this along here.

http://chancerides.com/coasters/hyperlite.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this concept. It will be nothing like it's Intamin counterparts which are more thrilling rides with more extreme forces. This will be a more Family oriented ride with great floater airtime and reasonable forces that the whole family can enjoy. Unfortunately most parks go for the whole nine yards, and this don't really fit that image. But it would fit perfectly in a more family friendly park, looking at you Skara Sommarland

Nice to see Chance still trying to market some new products. You don't hear much about them in the news.

I like the layout on this mini hyper as it's very different from their larger coasters. Could be a good coaster that smaller kids could ride as the next step to riding the larger, more aggressive coasters.

Looks really nice. Sure, it's not an airtime machine like Intamin's Mega-Lite, though Chance has a very good attempt at this and I would like to see this being built. Also, that last bunny hop looks like it has some very good airtime.

Was Chance even at IAAPA? I think we should have heard of this amazing thing...

Kind of sounds like they're copying Intamin, but then again, who doesn't nowadays?

I actually really like the layout....and the ground-hugging "Scorpion-like" helix looks sweet! Any guess on a price tag?

My guess would be somewhere around $7-9 million (for the basic layout, no landscaping), but the first one may be more.

I totally dig the layout on this thing! I know the Intamin Megalites are more intense and airtime-filled, but I think this would offer a good cost-friendly (I'm assuming) option for a smaller park that wants a smooth steel coaster with some decent air and a nice compact layout.

I could see a park like Holiday World or Knoebels getting one of these for a steel coaster. I'm very intrigued to see if any parks bite on this.

I just took another (albeit longer) look at this coaster and noticed the new style train - sort of a sleeker look akin to Phantom's Revenge's trains and made them a bit more open to expose the riders more. I wonder if this style of train is only for the hyper-lite or can they be used on their currently operating coasters. Steel Force in this style of train would be pretty cool.

I just took another (albeit longer) look at this coaster and noticed the new style train - sort of a sleeker look akin to Phantom's Revenge's trains and made them a bit more open to expose the riders more. I wonder if this style of train is only for the hyper-lite or can they be used on their currently operating coasters. Steel Force in this style of train would be pretty cool.

Looked similar to Steel Dragon's trains to me.

I do like that they are marketing their coasters and possibly targeting the mini-hyper market.

The three things that stuck out to me are 1: the trains! Is it me or do Morgan Hyper trains feel like Bath tubs. Seriously! But these trains as shown in the animation look like they have a lower profile. They expose more of the upper body and have more of that statium seating look to them. The rides of the current trains come up to my shoulders when I'm sitting (again bath tub). 2: The ending of the layout is a nod to the classic Morgan style of airtime hills on the return run. I like! 3: the 80 degree drop, its about time... no more 60/65 degree drops.

Unfortunately, the ride is not fast enough, it doesn't get interesting for me until the end. That speed and intensity at the end needs to be the entire ride. Hopefully they will adjust and lower the height of the first two turn arounds and allow faster speeds throughout the elements.

Good Find!

Very nice little coaster here! Great to see Chance making the effort to try and push their roller coaster development after the Vekoma partnership ending.

I think the animation is off a bit on the speed, doesn't feel like it should and what many people have mentioned, slow, but they can easily reconfigure quite a few things depending on what the park is looking for. There's quite a few parks that this size of a steel coaster would work. Shouldn't be too costly to build and doesn't take up a ton of space.

Looking forward to see which park will pick up this design first!

Looked similar to Steel Dragon's trains to me.

Similar yes, but the SD2K goes to shoulder height, these are a lot more open to the elements, and not surround you like other rides. More or less similar to the Intamin version of the same type of ride.

Would love these trains on SD2K though, it will give you a whole new perspective on things at the top