TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the cheaters dice thing for attacking other towns. But I don't get what the point of "defending your town" is supposed to be. It seems beneficial to have others attack your town, (or am I missing something here) so why would I want to prevent that?

You get both elixir and gold for defending. I'm NOT sure which direction yields the most for the player. Still working on that. But, either way, you still get elixir and gold.

BTW - I just got a notification that I should log in for a surprise - 15 donuts for "being among the first to play". Cool.

This is how the cheaters dice worked for me. For your town it ends up being a time saver. It's also nice just to click it and see if there is any attacks in your town. Every now and then I'll log in, hit the button, and see if there are any buildings under attack. If not, I can get back to whatever I was doing. It will automatically 'click' any shields or destroyed building so you don't have to scroll around looking for them. You just click the top left from your main town screen to use it. For another persons town, it is a way to instantly destroy a building. You just click on the building, then on the dice. However, it requires only 1 dice no matter what the reward is. So, if you are going to use it in another town, find the building with the biggest reward. Doing a spot check, I noticed that some people's towns give up to 140 elixir (for the castle) while some buildings gave only 18 in the whole town (all types of houses). 70 seems to be the most for the houses, and 140 for the castle.

As for the castle levels, each one seems to give a bonus. It's either more nerds produced, or decorations/walls. I'm level 7, so I know have 15 nerds at one time. I also am building the recycler, and boxingham, but have no clue what they do.

One weird thing is Barbarian homer (Homers new outfit). He is at a level 2, but I have no clue what that means or does. I don't know if I missed the dialogue or not, but it's telling me that I can upgrade him with 750 gold, but it doesn't say why. So far he has just had a few tasks and some dialogue.

The revenge button (when you click on your castle) only shows the last person to attack you, so most of the time it just says "An Invader" so I have no clue who it is.

I got Lisa and Bart's new costumes, but I can't use them yet.

My strategy so far is to just upgrade the castle and other buildings so I produce more nerds for more elixir and gold.

Edited by jray21

One weird thing is Barbarian homer (Homers new outfit). He is at a level 2, but I have no clue what that means or does. I don't know if I missed the dialogue or not, but it's telling me that I can upgrade him with 750 gold, but it doesn't say why. So far he has just had a few tasks and some dialogue.

I just upgraded him to Level 3, no clue what it does or means...

From what I found, use your dice to destroy a castle in a random Springfield. More gold and elixir than going after a friends Springfield. So I am planning on attacking my friends with the nerds, and random with the dice.

Why is it that all of these Simpsons updates feel so convoluted and confusing!?!?!

Hearing all of this confusion on here stopped me from starting to play the game again. I might start playing again if there is a Halloween event, but not until then.

You have to upgrade your castle to unlock the stuff. Once you upgrade enough, it unlocks. I am at level 11, and I think it all unlocks at level 9 or 10.

Also, if anyone else was still a bit confused about the shields, I think I figured them out. They are basically telling you your building was attacked, and if you tap a shield, you get elixir and gold. If you don't tap the shield in time, and the building collapses, you only get half the elixir and gold you would have if you got the shield. I don't know for sure if tapping the shield affects the amount of elixir and gold the attacker was expecting. But I think it does, because I keep getting weird amounts of elixir and gold every time I log into the game, and not the amounts I'm expecting.

So I think if you tap the shield, you get more elixir and gold and the attacker gets less. But if you don't tap it in time, and it collapses, you get less and the attacker gets what they were expecting when they sent the attack. Make sense? LOL

So, its actually beneficial for all of us to never tap the shield, cause then we'd get more elixir and gold from the buildings we attacked...

Or am I waaaaaay off base here?

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

What task do you have to be at before it will let you complete the Medieval Decorations task?

I believe it's part 9 of homers tasks, either needs to be started or completed. Them all that stuff should unlock from your inventory.

So, its actually beneficial for all of us to never tap the shield, cause then we'd get more elixir and gold

This is the stance I have taken. I am only tapping on castle shields, not house shields. Wish there was a way to get more gold though. Getting elixir left and right, but barely any gold. Just a coin or two every once in a while.

But not tapping the shields only works if everyone playing all agree to not tap. If someone sneaky isn't playing fair, then we all lose out. Though it works, it'd be hard to manage, its better if you play the game how it was intended to be played. And I'm getting tons of gold somehow, lol. I'm over 3000.

Elissa, I noticed that if you try to build decorations it defaults to the premium items tab where everything is locked. If you hit the clash tab, there will be a few unlocked decorations that you buy with elixer.

image.thumb.jpg.54c1246d46c58d3423b475ef9935d716.jpg

All the shields on my houses have just changed to dollar signs. Did this once this morning as well. Not sure if the occupiers are still there or they were kicked off, and I got nothing out it. This happen to anyone else?

Update on post: Do Not go to Krustyland if you have houses with shields on them, you will lose them for good. EA knows about the bug.

So far, I would rate this update "interesting" and nothing more. I just can't quite seem to find a working formula to making the most elixir or gold. I see that Chris and Dane have a lot of gold. I like the social aspect, but *I* thought because of the bigger rewards! that visiting (ransacking) strangers would be the best (especially visiting people that were only level 20, or lower).

Not spending any donuts on this update at all. Though, I have to admit, this is the best set of graphics EA has put out for this game in a long time.