TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

Here is my prediction ( while being as unbiased as possible)

Yankees in 5- I know there is some magic left in the dome, but the Yankees are too good in so many areas. There's no way we can win this.

Sox in 4- One of the best teams this decade. The Angels will give them hell, but the Red Sox will win.

Rockies in 5- They are both good teams, but I think the Rockies will have what it takes to win this.

Phillies in 3- The Phillies have some of the best pitchers in the rotation. They also field well, which is a plus.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees in 5 - I hate to say it.

Angels in 5 - Boston doesn't have enough this year to take it.

Cardinals in 4 - Dodgers will get a game, but I don't see this being close.

Phillies in 5 - Slightly betting starters. Better bullpen (even with Lidge).

Metrodome just won't die for baseball. Too bad that either the Tigers or Twins were always going to get swept by the Yankees. They are just too good.

Fail. 2006 we were expected to get swept in 3. The Yankees failed to make a dent, and we won the series in 4. I know we lost in the World Series that postseason, but that is one of the most wrong facts I've seen postseason wise.

Twins, I dunno. If you were referring to the regular season, then yes you are right, LOL!

Still rooting for a Twins / Rockies series.

Bud Selig just threw up in his mouth a little. MLB definitely doesn't want two small market teams in the WS. While it would be a nice change of pace for baseball fans, it would be a nightmare for MLB.

That being said, I'm obviously pulling for the Phils. Lee was fricken amazing yesterday, and Hamels (who's going today,) has been awesome for the past two months. The Phils should be up 2-0 today.

I'm going to the Angels game today and I think they have what it takes to beat Boston. Plus they are playing for their fallen teammate (My avatar). I think if the Angels get their running game going and the crowd going we'll take the series.

Andrew "Win one for the Rookie" Iorio

I think if the Angels get their running game going and the crowd going we'll take the series.

Are they playing football?

EDIT: Wait. If they are, then that means they're playing Boston....which means they're playing Tom Brady. The Angels running game against Tom Brady is no match. I hear he's pretty good. Anaheim's screwed now.

I think if the Angels get their running game going and the crowd going we'll take the series.

Are they playing football?

EDIT: Wait. If they are, then that means they're playing Boston....which means they're playing Tom Brady. The Angels running game against Tom Brady is no match. I hear he's pretty good. Anaheim's screwed now.

I have to be more clear. If the Angels can move from 1st to 3rd well and start stealing bases that'll put them in the right direction.

Andrew "Hope it's loud at The Big A tonight!" Iorio

Still rooting for a Twins / Rockies series.

Bud Selig just threw up in his mouth a little. MLB definitely doesn't want two small market teams in the WS. While it would be a nice change of pace for baseball fans, it would be a nightmare for MLB.

That being said, I'm obviously pulling for the Phils. Lee was fricken amazing yesterday, and Hamels (who's going today,) has been awesome for the past two months. The Phils should be up 2-0 today.

Actually, Bud Selig would be THRILLED to have two small market teams in the world series. The ratings would suck, but you would never hear the end about how revenue sharing helps create parity...

Seats of Gold: A story about the Legends Suites at Yankee Stadium. One of the best pieces i have ever read on ESPN. What goes on behind the scenes at these $2500 seats and why they are so damn empty. Check it out

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=091005yankeestickets

One goes to the games to enjoy the enviroment, the smell of Hot Dogs, Beer Nachos and the sticky feeling of the concrete while walking to your seats.

It's probably not applicable to compare Yankee Stadium to PNC Park, but I can usually spend less than $30 at a game. The park makes its money off the vendors. It provides one of the best views in baseball too...

The most expensive tickets, the Lexus Club (behind home plate) run up to $210. Could be worse, it could cost over $1000 I guess

^ $320 gets me 13 games, two seats, for the price of nine games at Oriole Park. Not to mention a long list of other perks like free tickets to concerts, free Oriole's Minor League games, one free t-shirt per seat, opportunities to purchase tickets for 2 of the 3 potential post-season series if they ever get back to the play-offs, discounted tickets for the Home Opener, free admission to several museums like the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Legends Museum, free ballpark tours year round, a season plan holder only Q&A session with VP or Baseball Operations Andy McPhail and Manager Dave Trembley, free scoreboard surprises (birthdays/anniversaries etc.), discounted parking opportunities, early admission to the ballpark for exclusive batting practice time and autographs, and the best ticket exchange program in the Major Leagues. I also get the "season ticket" rate on all games including Prime games outside of my 13 game plan.

The view from my seats isn't too bad either.

Have a look.

Oh and one last thing...since I'm on an Orioles kick right now, enjoy this Earl Weaver video recording of a broadcast that never aired. It contains some strong language and is not safe for work. Be sure to listen to question number three from Alice Sweet in Norfolk. You'll be laughing so hard you'll have tears coming out of your eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YKxf3OkpJc

Joe29_059.jpg.73e88169dc2aef20d8c93114e23d0aa1.jpg

Section 334 - Upper Deck

Seats of Gold: A story about the Legends Suites at Yankee Stadium. One of the best pieces i have ever read on ESPN. What goes on behind the scenes at these $2500 seats and why they are so damn empty. Check it out

Sickening. And Yanks fans wonder why they and the team are generally hated by everyone else (with certain exceptions...Hi, Big Mike).

She's Babe Ruth's granddaughter.

I ask her what she thinks of the new stadium.

"I'm the granddaughter," she says, "and I can't afford it."

• 3 weeks later...

Sickening. And Yanks fans wonder why they and the team are generally hated by everyone else (with certain exceptions...Hi, Big Mike).

Do the Yankees fans set the ticket prices, why should we be hated just because Steinbrenner is obsessed with money? Also, Yankees ranked second in total attendance this year behind the Dodgers, so most of New Yankee Stadium's seats are certainly almost never empty.

On another note, I really hope the Yankees win this year. I think it might be the last chance for some of the vets on the team (i.e. Posada and Rivera) to get another World Series ring.

It's all over! The Phils Blew it! Two straight home losses, ouch.

I can only hope that Cliff and Pedro pull off a miracle comeback.

The Yankees have loss the last two home games in the past, but this year their team is to dominant.

I just hope that the Phils can avoid the Humilation of being swept at home.

Go Redsox 2010!