TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

Looking forward to tomorrow. Got my gear ready and am exited to see what the preshows look (will not watch the videos except for the onride) and for the ride itself. Just hope the hot weather over here makes a lot of people reconsider their visit for tomorrow or go home early so that it tomorrow isn't really busy.

^^ I always wondered if Claude was still active at the firm. I mean I never seen him once, I know Walter is still busy as we seem him every year keeping his teeth together on IAAPA not even answering questions without saying: "I don't say anything about that."

^^ I always wondered if Claude was still active at the firm. I mean I never seen him once, I know Walter is still busy as we seem him every year keeping his teeth together on IAAPA not even answering questions without saying: "I don't say anything about that."

While Walter keeps his mouth shut, Claude is behind the scenes leaking information to teenagers and Dipping Dots employees.

While Walter keeps his mouth shut, Claude is behind the scenes leaking information to teenagers and Dipping Dots employees.

I always wondered how those Dipping Dots people got all their information!

"Your assignment is to wear this paper hat and dispense this new 'ice-cream' like product at a theme park frequented by SPECTRE agents. And do be careful with the equipment, 007!"

rode it today. The ride is really fun, my biggest fear was that the preshows would be boring but they aren't, you also just have basically 1 preshow that is short and well done, while the second you are just assigned to your door and you have Gustave telling you why you're there. I rode it 2 times (busy in the morning whit a line I think 3 hours long for sure and later on the day the line was not even 60 so everyone was in for a quick ride.) 1 in the morning (we where on time only waited for max 10 minutes) and one later on the day, and still that preshow wasn't bad the second time. I personally like the ride a lot and if I need to say: I like it more then Krake ride only (total picture Krake will lose big time Baron just has so much going on).

Overall Baron is a great ride nothing really special but I like it the most in the park, I maybe even like it the most off all the rides I rode in the Netherlands (Goliath at Walibi doesn't offer a experience but is a better ride so hard call on that).

I rode it yesterday for the first time, and what a rush. It was the first vertical drop ride for me. Been a major fan of the Efteling since ever. The theme of the ride has been done at a terrific level. I had the luck and opportunity of seeing the inside of the building during the filming of the short background story (I was one of the extras). And even while they were still busy finalizing the decor it looked amazing.

The ride itself is short. But that is no problem. Every time it leaves you with wanting to go again. Especcially when hanging the 2 sec above the mine entrace I wondered why the (bleep) I wanted to go in the ride. But soon you know why. What a rush. Another score for the Efteling.

Will be a regular every time we go.

I always wondered how those Dipping Dots people got all their information!

"Your assignment is to wear this paper hat and dispense this new 'ice-cream' like product at a theme park frequented by SPECTRE agents. And do be careful with the equipment, 007!"

Did that message then self destruct?

As for the pre shows, YAY for projection mapping!

Rode it the day before yesterday and I love it.

It´s the best of the small dive machines - I´ve ridden them all, and this is hands down the best by far. The forces are really fun, especially the drop packs a nice punch. Now if you know the big dive machines (I only know Sheikra), it´s by far not as extreme and especially the Immelmann is quite different. On Sheikra it has more of a flying feeling, while this is much more twisty, especially with the Zero-G Roll that comes afterwards, which goes the other way. But the ride is smooth as glass and the theming, the preshows and everything around it is so beautiful. The only thing I do not like has nothing to do with the ride but with the people riding it. I don´t get what is so hard to understand about the term SINGLE rider line. There were so many groups discussing with the OPs, it was hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...
As for the pre shows, YAY for projection mapping!

The projection mapping looks fabulous indeed, love the effect with the paint peeling off the wall.

oh wow. i watched this video so many times and didnt even notice.

I know we're all still very exited with our shiny new toy =D i'm going 3rd of august to experience it for myself!

However on De Vijf Zintuigen new discussions are starting to unfold.

As you may know:

- The efteling has announced purchasing and using the big piece of ground on the east side of the park ( from where the Efteling hotel is all the way to the Python) and using it for new rides and accommodations. Which should have been built before 2020. (what rides' are to be expected!?)

-Also; efteling has announced a new bungalow park; Loonsche Land. A bungalow park with various types of houses (from farm houses to underground lord of the ring like houses) which should maintain the natural environment the efteling has promised to keep The Loonsche Land to be. and a new hotel on the same venue which all should be done around 2017/18.

- And ofcourse Efteling still promises us Hartenhof, The most expensive ride ever built at efteling (42,5 million euro's) is still up to be opened before 2020 as sources tell us. When, what, how and how soon to expect the building to begin is still unknown as Efteling does not state concrete dates. (the ride is almost as mysterious as the story).

Last but not least; A new fairytale is being added to the Fairytale Forest next year(early 2016). Pinocchio will find it's place in between The Dancing Red Shoes and Little Red Riding Hood. Efteling is planning to spend 2 million euro's on the lying puppet, which will also be seen in an all new Efteling Musical production at the Efteling Theatre from September 9th.

Efteling is DEFFINATELY not planning to sit back and relax. How do you feel about the things efteling has planned for us in their goal to reach the 5 million visitors PY

Now if you know the big dive machines (I only know Sheikra), it´s by far not as extreme and especially the Immelmann is quite different. On Sheikra it has more of a flying feeling, while this is much more twisty, especially with the Zero-G Roll that comes afterwards, which goes the other way.

Why can't B&M make their rolls go the same direction? It bothers me a bit, though I think rolling in different directions could help ease motion sickness for those that are affected.

^But it's not like there are two consecutive rolls, is it? I mean, between the end of the immelmann and the beginning of the zero G there's a small pullout where there is no rotation so I'm not really sure it makes any difference.

Ahh I remember when Oblivions pit used to look like that! Does the mist/smoke fill the entire tunnel or just the entrance?

On a good day the entire on a bad day just the entrance and exit or none at all. Although they did make an appealing tunnel that is beautiful even when the mist is gone.

Rode it today front row, best place to sit on this ride. I can't stress enough on how happy I am with this ride so close at home.

• 1 month later...

I finally got on Baron last week! It's perfect for the park with great theming and a fun, but not too intimidating ride experience. It's really well paced, an OK length and a lot of fun. It's obviously not crazy-intense but I don't think Efteling would have wanted a ride like that.

The pre-shows are exactly as I expected..... amazing but a pain in the bum. They're SO well done but the timing is all over the place and you spend a LOT of time staring at closed doors before being let into the next pre-show.

I can cope with looking at doors before entering the building, but when you're totally lost in the moment and completely immersed by the first pre-show, and then have to wait like 2 minutes before the doors open into the next area it kinda ruins the moment. I don't understand how they got the timing so wrong. Trains leave almost every minute, there's two trains worth of people in the pre-show, surely they should just make them about a 2 minutes long? I didn't really see why they were holding people back behind the doors in the first pre-show when they could have just let them through into the batching area like they do on Rock N Roller?

Sorry for the little moan I really love Baron, it's a great coaster, and I don't mind pre-shows, but I feel that when I blink I can see Baron's doors burnt into my retinas from staring at them so much