TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I have done this for the past two years!!!! It is a lot of fun and it is for a GREAT cause! The past two years were the first ones for Worlds of Fun and last year they more than doubled their turn out. Lets Represent

Reed, thank you for that spontaneous multi-team support!

Thanks for those who have donated and joined so far--Canada's Wonderland over the coutrse of one night is up to four members and $140.00!

Here's our team so far! Please join us if you're in the area! Registering is easy!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jasonatcw/CanadasWonderland/team

In addition to those who have joined already, the next five Team TPR members to join Canada's Wonderland, starting now, $5.00 to kick start your fundraising!

If you're not in the area, please consider sponsoring and donating by clicking on the banner below

Thanks for your support!

Jason

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

So awesome to see so many of you participating!

Remember to keep this up all the way till June! Just think of the donations you can get! Don't only hit up your TPR Friends, get your Facebook Friends, actual friends, family, co-workers, etc. to sponsor you! The page works so easy that donating takes less 2 minutes!

^Yes, donating was one of the easiest things, to do.

Still contemplating on signing up for this. Since I'm doing the WalkMS in May, I'm not sure I'll be able to swing this in June. But good luck to all who participate.

Ok Coasting For Kids riders!

Now that we have quite a few of you, let's get to know some of you a bit better!

Please introduce yourself, post some things about yourself, post a picture (or a few pictures), and anything else you'd like everyone to know.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you a bit better!

--Robb

June isn't really that far off and I can already feel the excitement. All of this goes towards an amazing cause and charity - something I've always wanted to do. I also get to do it while having fun with some friends and get to spend a day out at Cedar Point. Otherwise this would've been a usual lazy Sunday for myself - better to use it having fun and raising money then to spend at home napping and doing nothing.

EDIT to go with Robb's above post:

I'm Christian or Chris for short.

I've known about Give Kids the World for awhile now - but have never been really able to pitch in. Taking advantage of this chance will allow me to help others while having fun myself. I plan to raise about 75 dollars - but more would be great for the charity. It happens to take place one of my favorite rides at Cedar Point - which happens to be Magnum. Sure - there's better rides then Magnum - but you have to pick your battles and settle for what's there for you. I look forward to meeting everyone at the park in June - this should be a truly awesome event which will really rally us all together for a common cause. It's going to be absolutely wonderful - just can't wait for June!

I signed up! https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/kylemillerca/CedarPoint

I used a picture of me from a TPR trip though instead of the avatar. I can get far more donations from work if my picture is on there and they know who it is. Let me know if you want me to change it to the Team TPR logo. I did join the Team TPR team!

-Kyle

Edit: Fixed the link to the new page!

Edited by RaptorBoyASU

Wow. I am sitting here in awe of the tremendous support Robb, Elissa and all of TPR has shown for Give Kids The World. As a coaster enthusiast and TPR member, I'm proud to see so many of you using our shared passion for roller coasters to rally around this cause. As a GKTW Staff Member, I'm thinking of all of the children's lives you are affecting by raising funds and spreading awareness for our mission.

Like Elissa said, let's keep this going through June! A few pointers that seem to help greatly when you're talking to people about making a donation:

Top Ranking From Charity Navigator-- Give Kids The World has been awarded a 4-star rating for sound fiscal management for six consecutive years by Charity Navigator, America's largest independent evaluator of charities.

Highest Rated Charity in America-- GKTW has been recognized as the highest rated charity in America by personal finance website MainStreet and also reported by MSN Money.

Also, many people often wonder the relationship between GKTW and wish-granting organizations (WGOs) like Make-A-Wish. GKTW partners with more than 250 WGOs around the world to help fulfill wishes. The WGOs will verify eligibility and interview the child. If the child's one true wish is to come to Central Florida, then GKTW is contacted. The WGO will cover the family's transportation to Florida and spending money and GKTW is the resort where the families stay. GKTW provides accommodations, meals, entertainment, donated attraction tickets and more. Not surprisingly, when given the opportunity to have a wish granted, more than 50% of children have a Central Florida wish. GKTW serves more than 7,000 families each year.

If any of you are in the area and are interested in seeing the Village, I would be thrilled to show you around. Just contact me in advance so that we can schedule a tour, as our facility is not open to the public.

Again, my sincere thanks for all of the support. I'm here to answer all of your questions about Coasting For Kids, GKTW and my top ten steel and wooden coasters. Ok, that last one is a whole other discussion !

Ok, let's do something that will help out several of our riders. First person to show me that have donated at least $5 to 5 different riders will get a T-Shirt and a TPR DVD of their choice! Donate more than $5 each or $5 to more than 5 riders, I'll throw in bonus stuff!

Donate now and post the links!

GO!!!!

I will be riding at Michigan's Adventure: www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/cameronsilver/MichigansAdventure

This will be one of the few times this summer that I won't be chained to my desk at work - so, donate!

Seriously though, Michigan's Adventure is a great little park and Cedar Fair deserves lots of props for putting all of this together. It's for a fantastic cause, and we all get to have bucket-loads of fun!

In fact a recent report was put together stating that 9 out of 10 people who don't donate will be squashed by elephants. True story..

Cameron.

Ok, let's do something that will help out several of our riders. First person to show me that have donated at least $5 to 5 different riders will get a T-Shirt and a TPR DVD of their choice! Donate more than $5 each or $5 to more than 5 riders, I'll throw in bonus stuff!

GO!!!!

C'mon everyone! We're only asking for a donation of $25 split between 5 of our riders and I promise you'll get some cool stuff from TPR!

I'll introduce myself. I'm Derek, been riding roller coasters since I was 4 years old, and going to Dorney Park even before that. Coasting For Kids sounds like a great cause for a wonderful organization and I'm excited to be participating in this event for the first time and doing so with Team TPR. I even switched my work schedule so I was able to come out for this cause at Dorney, so if you're in the area I encourage you to come support, it'll be a good time, and even better the more people we have participating!

My donations page: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/derekruth/DorneyPark

And now, pictures of me and things I like (other than roller coasters and parks):

298180_2309115660309_1621872149_2234806_379752477_n.thumb.jpg.124eeaeb93308f5e23807d19dd63cc62.jpg

Dole Whips!

309464_2260521885495_1621872149_2201396_682198581_n.thumb.jpg.e15f30bd0358a511069372dff4e6ccab.jpg

Beer!

409043_3023249153200_1621872149_2524594_1703887851_n.jpg.be5a5ca65056ff1a44468031acb2470f.jpg

Hockey, more specifically the Flyers but I won't hold it against you if you're a Penguins, Devils, or Rangers fan [the other gentlemen are Flyers alumni from the Stanley Cup Champion Teams of 74 and 75]

Edited by robbalvey

I'm Stacy. For the first time in years I am not working weekend, although that could change in May. If I do end up working weekends, I will happily request the day off. I've attempted to participate in other charity events at Kings Island, but work got in the way. I'm not going to let it this time. I could use help with donations, as I have limited friends, and I cannot go around work asking, although I will email a few select friends at work and if they choose to share the link, I can say it wasn't me sending it around. I would be ecstatic if anyone on here will toss a few dollars my way to help me hit that $75. Thanks.

GO!!!!

Here is what I will be sending to the person who donates - This pack includes 2 WCB shirts (I have sizes L, XL, and XXL), Tokyo DisneySea Park map, Jaws final day Universal Map, Universal Studios Singapore map, Kings Island map, Epcot map, a One More Disney Day button, and MORE!!!

image-3003961574.thumb.jpg.0dd11e630f5c40d80450af6ec0713e72.jpg

Edited by robbalvey