TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

you might be a coaster nerd if you raise your hands when you're in a car and you see a "drop"

Haven't done this in the car but I was playing golf the other day and I went down a big hill in the cart and I did raise my arms.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you try to imitate the sound intamin accelerator coasters make when the launch dog is dropped into the catch car by dropping a pen (or another object) in a very specific way.

I know this is really nerdy and I do it probably 90% of the time I am driving...

When I am driving and I push on the brakes I make old fiction break "ka-chunk ka-chunk ka-chunk" sounds while slow down to a stop. And then right when I let off the break to idle forward I make the "PSHSSSHHHHHHHHH" hiss of the brakes releasing...

It annoys the crap out of my friends...

...If you recognize that half the footage in a park commercial isn't actually from that park.

Yes!

I can also tell which park a commercial was filmed in. It annoys me when I see multiple rides from different parks merged into one commercial. Lies!

...If you recognize that half the footage in a park commercial isn't actually from that park.

Yes!

I can also tell which park a commercial was filmed in. It annoys me when I see multiple rides from different parks merged into one commercial. Lies!

Absolute worst was when I saw footage from a CF park in a Six Flags commercial.. No idea how that would've happened. The worst was, the CF park happened to be my home park, Canada's Wonderland... Kinda embarrassing *facepalm*

Another one I have is if you can tell what rides are in the background of a video just by listening to the background noise and listening for the sounds specific ride types make, and not having been to that park before.

Finally, not really a coaster nerd thing, more just being a nerd in general. If you know your flat rides as well as your coasters.. Can tell the make/midel/ride type just at a glance... Even for ghetto@$$ fair rides

When you open a bottle of soda and the hissing sound of the air rushing out reminds you of the sound of friction brakes releasing.

Or an S&S tower before it launches, or a chance zipper just as it starts up... Yes, i just went into a whole other realm of coaster/ride nerd-dom there

^Also if you love when they are moving slowly because nobody has used them for a while and after you step on them they accelerate a bit like some chain lift hills

• 2 weeks later...

...you feel jealous when your family or friends tell you about their trip to a park that you weren't with them for. (I'm guilty of this, as I was jealous when my cousin told me about her trip to Silver Dollar City.)

When you celebrate that Six Flags Discovery Kingdom's Medusa is your 200th coaster...and then cry a week later when you realize that you forgot to include Six Flags New England's wild mouse with the crazy long name in your coaster count so a Vekoma SLC becomes your 200th coaster.