TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's North East USA Tour Official Report!

I simply loved Canobie. What a just plain fun day it was there. The employees were amazing, the Cannonball was a really fun woodie, Untamed was great and the park was awesome. I liked the catepillar since you could see all the springs and arms and such that made the canopy cover it.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That video of Astrosphere brought back so many memories. I remember riding the Gyrosphere at Seabreeze back when it still played Fire On High (the intro used to creep me out)...

ELO's "Fire On High?!!?" That is BEYOND awesome. Would have loved to have tried that.

And yes, Canobie looks like a ton of fun. Still another park I should have visited when I lived a lot closer.

The log flume at Canobie was awesome...and this was the best ride photo of my foursome out of all the log flumes during the trip! I remember purchasing the photo, the employee at the booth was so incredibly nice, we kept complimenting him. We may have embarrassed him! And while we were there other guests of the park saw our badges and asked if it was our job to go to theme parks.

If only....

And i wanted to combine the speed of the indoor scrambler at this park with the light show of Astosphere for the perfect experience!

I wish I could have joined you guys at Canobie. The Mine of Lost Souls is a source of great entertainment for us locals, we are not quite sure how you suddenly end up in Egypt either...

As far as the height goes, yes, they have a limit. i believe its 85 ft, which is just what Untamed hits with cars and people factored in....

What amuses me is the neighbors that complain... that park has been there longer than most of the houses. Its not like it suddenly appeared after they moved in....

Our next stop was the biggest park in all of French Canadia... La Ronde! Check out the update here: http://themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=344&linkid=10905

This update includes...

- Over 100 Photos!

- Four AWESOME TPR Videos including POV of Goliath and Le Monstre

- Drunk Piers!!!

Now...go check out the update and then...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by ernierocker

I lol'd at the planking picture

Just a random question, how many roller coasters are there named Goliath?

Let me think...

Goliath at SFMM

Goliath at SFOG

Goliath at SFFT

Goliath at Walabi World

Goliath at at La Ronde

Goliath comes at a pretty high spot for over used coaster names. Matches close to Cyclone

This park was very odd at times but did have some good coasters! The area around Cobra didn't seem to have been touched in years while other areas were very clean. On La Vampire they made me wear my Flip Flops (A few times I thought I was going to lose one) but on the SLC I was able to sit on them....very odd operations. Overall the park was pretty interesting especially that they had a full service bar in the park.

I lol'd at the planking picture

Just a random question, how many roller coasters are there named Goliath?

Let me think...

Goliath at SFMM

Goliath at SFOG

Goliath at SFFT

Goliath at Walabi World

Goliath at at La Ronde

Goliath comes at a pretty high spot for over used coaster names. Matches close to Cyclone

Except at La Ronde, it's not "go-LIE-ath", it's "GO-lee-et"

On an unrelated note, I think I ran into that same groundhog when I was in La Ronde earlier this summer for the fireworks festival.

Edited by ahecht

La Ronde was pretty much what I consider a "Just Okay" park. It had some good rides, but there were also some not so good rides. Operations ranged from standard to poor, and they were very inconsistent between rides, but other than the 45 minute SLC line with the Gold Flashpass, nothing was horrible. There were also things (such as the bar) that you would never see in an American park. Overall, most things balanced out to somewhere in the middle. It's certainly not the best Six Flags, but it isn't the worst either.

Oh, one more thing...Canadian Goliath may not be the greatest Mega Coaster, but I would gladly trade California Goliath for it.

I described LaRonde as a Kardashian. It's photogenic and all, but deep down it's just kind of trashy.

But seriously, I didn't mind LaRonde...the margarita with my poutine didn't hurt. I enjoyed my time there, and it le Vampire was probably the best Batman clone I've ever been on. It's also the only park that I purchased a souvenir.

I described LaRonde as a Kardashian. It's photogenic and all, but deep down it's just kind of trashy.

That's a perfect analogy!

I agree. While some spots were photogenic, I just couldn't get into it. Could also have been my experience with rude people too. I don't speak French, but at least I know how to ask if they speak English, and even just attempting to communicate with people ended in disaster, especially when trying to use my credit card, and they put the little machine in my face wanting me to type in some numbers but since I don't read French I had no idea what they wanted. And trying to explain that was like talking to a wall.

I'll say it. I thought the place was a dump. From the 100,000 pieces of gum on the lift hill rail of Le Monstre, to the overgrown weeds in the Cobra Flash Pass queue, to the disgusting bathrooms. Not to mention they easily had the slowest operators I've ever seen. However, they did have good food and beverage (the crepe was AMAZING and I got a Jack and Coke at a theme park), and I agree with others in saying the Batman clone was the best I have ridden to date. Goliath was also very, very good. Other than that, there wasn't much I enjoyed about the park itself. I still had a great time regardless (thanks to the wonderful people of TPR!), and the culture shock was actually kinda educational, but it's not a park I'll be clamoring to return to any time soon. I definitely want to go back and explore Montreal, though.

...And now, the continuation of Drunk Piers.

WARNING!!! THE VIDEO BELOW IS FILLED WITH HORRIBLE, FILTHY LANGUAGE AND VILE, VULGAR, DISGUSTING CONTENT THAT WILL MAKE MOST HUMANS EARS BLEED AND HEADS EXPLODE! WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!