TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

^ I think its crazy how these young kids can keep up with all the mechanics of rides, manufactures, where they are located, memorize everything about amusement parks/roller coasters. I can not even remember who designed what. But then again that is not why I love roller coasters. I simply love to ride them and do not care as much with everything else. I did a 11 day trip to California with a coaster buddy of mine last April and while in line for the coasters (over 10 parks I believe it was) I had to name the manufacturer. Yea, I think I got 2-3 right. On a TPR trip when people start talking the names of the inversions and things I am lost.

Anyone remember the animated short "Bunny"? That touching, Oscar-winning CGI short made animated by Blue Sky Studios before Ice Age? This is the synopsis posted on IMDb:

An elderly widowed rabbit is encouraged by a moth to commit suicide by sticking her head in an oven so that she may join her husband in death.

^ I think its crazy how these young kids can keep up with all the mechanics of rides, manufactures, where they are located, memorize everything about amusement parks/roller coasters. I can not even remember who designed what. But then again that is not why I love roller coasters. I simply love to ride them and do not care as much with everything else. I did a 11 day trip to California with a coaster buddy of mine last April and while in line for the coasters (over 10 parks I believe it was) I had to name the manufacturer. Yea, I think I got 2-3 right. On a TPR trip when people start talking the names of the inversions and things I am lost.

Back when I joined this site at the age of 11 (and yes, I was just as intolerable as you'd expect), I spent a huge chunk of my free time reading photo TRs, doing research on local parks and the biggest parks I dreamed of going to. RCT1 and 3 had given me an insatiable craving for amusement park stuff, and since I couldn't just ask my parents to drive 300 miles out to Magic Mountain, that was how I tried to feed that craving.

Today, I'm in the same boat as you. Hey, that ride's fun, I like it, and that's enough for me!

Now look back to my posts last year, I really can see my improvement. Before I join the site, I was a half GP half enthusiast who only known what are Intamin, CCI, Gerstlauer and NTaG is a fantastic new coaster (I thought NTaG is made by Gerstlauer for two years until I did some research about RMC)

I'm sure in one year, I will have even more progression than I am now. TPR is a great school.

I am wondering if anybody on the recent TPR Wierd Japan Parks Tour

will post a trip report. I enjoyed the "as it happened" from Robb & Co.

while the tour was actually happening. But still - I miss an 'after tour' TR.