TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Euthanasia Coaster

I did a search and came up empty on this topic. I thought it would be appropriate to start a new thread.

This is just a hypothetical idea as mentioned below. There are pictures of what this could theoretically look like. Obviously, (at least I hope,) this would never actually be built but whichever way you look at it, this is interesting.

http://www.di.research.rca.ac.uk/content/projects/237/Euthanasia+Coaster

“Euthanasia Coaster” is a hypothetical euthanasia machine in the form of a roller coaster engineered to humanely – with elegance and euphoria – take the life of a human being. Riding the coaster’s track, the rider is subjected to a series of intensive motion elements that induce various unique experiences: from euphoria to thrill, and from tunnel vision to loss of consciousness, and, eventually, death. Thanks to the marriage of the advanced cross-disciplinary research in aeronautics/space medicine, mechanical engineering, material technologies and, of course, gravity, the fatal journey is made pleasing, elegant and meaningful. Celebrating the limits of the human body, this ‘kinetic sculpture’ is in fact the ultimate roller coaster: John Allen, former president of the famed Philadelphia Toboggan Company, once said that “the ultimate roller coaster is built when you send out twenty-four people and they all come back dead. This could be done, you know.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it even more disturbing that any collage would allow a study as this one.

Well I mean artwork tends to be pretty lenient in its acceptance

Anyhow I'm slightly intrigued by this. Just the idea that this has been thought of and actually visualized.

Duct-tape someone's head upright in a human centrifuge and keep it spinning until (enter descriptions of someone dying of centrifugal forces here). Same effect, but less fun. The thought of knowing that this kind of coaster could be built scares me slightly, but also excites me knowing the possibilities of how far coasters can go... but the majority of me is still scared of this concept.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder where it would end up on Mitch's poll. Maybe DEAD last?

GROAN... That was -terrible-

After looking through their site, I can say these people have about as much in common with sanity as a Cat has in common with a cinder block.

(Damn etherial artist colonies... Can't they go back to the planet they came from.)

"What the (your favorite expression here)!!!"

No, no, H, E, double hockey sticks no!!!

Riding a coaster is suppose to bring life, not take it. To me, you haven't lived unless you rode a ton of roller coasters of all brands and types.

Whoever thought this up should be shot and sent to 's place.

"I don't enforce euthanasia. I do happy dreams instead."

First off, this guy is sick. Purely sick

But past that, the coaster looks incredibly boring. If I'm going to have a coaster kill me, I'd want the layout to be fun at least. A super huge drop with a whole bunch of vertical loops, each getting smaller? Meh. Just bring back Geauga Lake's Double Loop. Almost same effect, except you get to walk away from that coaster... with just a massive heache

Damn! This one creepy project, to say the least, even moreso that this type of coaster can actually be built! Probably by PAX, if I had to take a guess on who would build it.

Personally, I'd much rather die from an actual roller coaster accident than a roller coaster that was specifically designed to kill people. I definitely wouldn't go on an actual death machine like that! Even if it was a one-time only special credit, I know I'm safe when the manufacturers say it's not mean't to heart people.